• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Older Call of Dutys now have fixed matchmaking, Thousands of players return.

IMG_2194.jpg

I'll let you guess what she's looking at.
A very big old CoD?

Literally all these games need now are a resolution bump and fov slider and I would play them consistently.
This. Would be amazing if they came out for the new consoles and were cross compatible with the originals. Yes, that would put the older consoles at a distinct disadvantage but increasing the population couldn't hurt and not everyone can afford a ps5/series x (or even s). It's been done in games like Titanfall 2 where the FOV slider was present on the older Xbox Ones as well as the Xbox One X and even the newer series consoles (where the game could run at 120fps AND max FOV, albeit at the Xbox One game's native rez--1600p mode locked to 60).

//DEVIL//

Literally all these games need now are a resolution bump and fov slider and I would play them consistently.
Man post like this makes me want to open my sealed Xbox halo edition just to play them. Because I am sure once this deal is closed MS will release a 120 fps for consoles.

“Why would anybody play this?”
Can't tell if serious. Hopped back on MW2 and having a blast. Got chopper gunner in my first game back, multiple harriers, tons of fun sniper no scopes and one of my teammates dropped a nuke. You will literally never have those experiences in a modern shooter, and that all happened within about 30 minutes.

The AC 130 sounds and visuals are beyond iconic. Never has there been a killstreak in a game that is so intimidating and thrilling

Yeah. I have a Xbox, so I talk about Xbox. Any issues?
I'm not going to put anymore off topic posts in here but the fact you cut out the first part of my post says a lot. Normally I would do what you did to the above poster and check post history but conveniently it's hidden.

Edit: Your profile is hidden not post history.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I'm not going to put anymore off topic posts in here but the fact you cut out the first part of my post says a lot.
Since my replies covers your entire post regardless.
Normally I would do what you did to the above poster and check post history but conveniently it's hidden.
No one can hide their post history in GAF. You don't even need a GAF account for this.
Edit: Your profile is hidden not post history.
What is even there to see in someone's profile apart from the post history? About page and achievements?

Last edited:

TexMex

Over 120k people playing Black Ops 1 on 360.

These are Steam top-5 concurrent player numbers.

F1NlP3bXgAA4_Zf

Can’t tell if the initial numbers were inflated somehow or the hype fell off fast. I’m on right now and it’s showing 4,800. Either way, still didn’t take long to get in a match and I had fun. As others have said, hacking is still very much an issue

swaffles23

Anyone else getting a lot of 'connection interrupted' errors pop up during matches? It happens to me a lot in BLOPS1. No idea what's causing it. My router and internet speed is good

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone else getting a lot of 'connection interrupted' errors pop up during matches? It happens to me a lot in BLOPS1. No idea what's causing it. My router and internet speed is good
Quitters.

COD4 and World at War were P2P type games so once the host quits there goes the game. I thought Black Ops had host migration to keep the match going. But maybe my memory is wrong and it was a Connection Interrupted game too.

jorgejjvr

Played raid on bo2, and basically felt like I preferred raid in cold war lol. Unlimited running and movement is much better in newer games

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nuke Town sucks, haven't missed it at all.
Loved nuke town. And I typically hate small maps. I am the fucker always making a beeline for the bedroom window covering my tracks with claymores. The more enemies who run around in the middle of the map the better! :)

Only pain in the ass if of there was another guy on the other team doing the same thing, so I'd be wasting my attention or getting killed from that guy! lol

Reactions: SHA
Played raid on bo2, and basically felt like I preferred raid in cold war lol. Unlimited running and movement is much better in newer games
And everything else is worse, particularly gun feel and the identify of each weapon. Weapon unlocks in a game like MW2 were extremely exciting because each gun has a very distinct feel, sounds and role. The guns in the last 3 modern CODs all run together to me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Avoid World at War. Half the matches people quit. Connection Interrupted. I'm going to try BO 1 and BO 2 this week. Hopefully it's better as these games are supposed to have host migration.

Last edited:
I’m getting nonstop “game session no longer available” when trying to play with a friend in Black Ops. Anyone else getting this or know of a fix?

havoc00

mw3 and bo2 were acting up tonight tons of lag in mw3 and bo2 people just kept quitting mid way through multiple games, bo1 was great though

Barakov

Gold Member
mw3 and bo2 were acting up tonight tons of lag in mw3 and bo2 people just kept quitting mid way through multiple games, bo1 was great though
Not surprising. They probably realized "hey, I could playing mw2 or bo1" mid way through their nostalgia trip.

havoc00

Not surprising. They probably realized "hey, I could playing mw2 or bo1" mid way through their nostalgia trip.
Out of the classic games mw3 does have nice gun play. But I hate the maps and the camping it encourages, back in the day I played so much bo2 I had it like top tier but going back it’s a tie between mw2 09 and bo1

Mr.ODST

If you wanna know why Xbox is best place to play old CODs, my cousin downloaded MW2 on his PC through steam, played 1 match and someone already downloaded trojan software on his PC and had it laptop taken over ...

Gonna pick an Xbox up tonight to play some more COD4 and MW2

chris121580

I tried going back to black ops 1 but man, the controls were way too floaty/hitchy for me. I play black ops cold war all the time and just think I'll stick with that. I would say it's my fav COD of all time.

Mr.ODST

I tried going back to black ops 1 but man, the controls were way too floaty/hitchy for me. I play black ops cold war all the time and just think I'll stick with that. I would say it's my fav COD of all time.
There is an issue atm with Xbox One and Series consoles adding input delay on the BC, heard its being fixed though which is good

TheUsual

Gold Member
The AC 130 sounds and visuals are beyond iconic. Never has there been a killstreak in a game that is so intimidating and thrilling
Played a round in MW2 this weekend and was on OpFor. Enemy team called in an AC 130. The terror in the OpFor's announcer's voice is amazing. Forgot about that and you immediately realized the hell that's going to be reigned in on you.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Sweet! Now I can get sixteen no scopes on the Zombies Tanker map without having to worry about jank AR physics!!!

I'm just kidding, I have no idea how platformers work.

Top Bottom