• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

Andrew.

Banned
Let the countdown begin...

bioshock-infinite-screen-4.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
I dunno man.. I worry about this game. On the surface, it looks AMAZING! But with the dev troubles that the game had....

I worry.

what i hate about countdowns is that it reminds me of something im looking forward to but which i managed to forget

it just makes the wait longer now...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
SO FUCKING HYPED! My most anticipated game this year for now.

also, Columbia is so freaking detailed and full of life.

GameSpot Now Playing : Bioshock Infinite

I seriously can't wait to solve all the mysteries around Columbia, Elizabeth, Booker, The Songbird and much more.

Just saw the trailer, can't say I'm not intriguided. Plus the voice acting in my langage is quite good.
Still need to finish Bioshock 2 though

Andrew.

Banned
I've got from Tuesday the 26th through the rest of the week off from work for this. It'll essentially be my Spring Break. And what a glorious break it will be.

Sn4ke_911

Shit like that makes me sad.

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

BioShock: Infinite

7777tapjw.png

I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR. Watch 2K closing Irrational Games if this game bombs :( We can't let that happen, we just can't! Irrational doesn't make 0815 shooters, they always make something special and i have no doubt Infinite will be any different. I seriously think this could be the best FPS game this decade.

Looking forward to it, it is sitting in my Steam library waiting for a preload. I need to play through the second one while I wait since I never got around to it before.

Derrick01

Banned

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

7777tapjw.png

I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR. Watch 2K closing Irrational Games if this game bombs :( We can't let that happen, we just can't! Irrational doesn't make 0815 shooters, they always make something special and i have no doubt Infinite will be any different. I seriously think this could be the best FPS game this decade.

Maybe they shouldn't charge $60 for a PC game. I don't think preorders from Amazon/GMG (who both had sales on it) count towards that slider, only preorders from Steam itself.

Deku Tree

After playing Bioshock 1/2 both on day one, and getting Bioshock fatigue, I am going to wait for the reviews before picking this one up.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they shouldn't charge $60 for a PC game. I don't think preorders from Amazon/GMG (who both had sales on it) count towards that slider, only preorders from Steam itself.

I think it has more to do with Tomb Raider being out next week vs next month

Moff

will wait for reviews.
bioshock 1 was nice, but nothing compared to its predecessors
bioshock 2 was underwhelming

Biggzy

After playing Bioshock 1/2 both on day one, and getting Bioshock fatigue, I am going to wait for the reviews before picking this one up.

I can understand that, but this seems like it will have the mystery and wonder of the first one. We won't have to wait long to find out whether that is true or not.

Just laid down the duckets to pre-order this digitally. First game I've pre-ordered in a long, long time. Bioshock is one of the greatest gaming experiences of the generation. I hope this can recapture or at least expand upon that magic.

Tbh, the art style alone is probably enough for me, even if the game does turn out to be bad.

Xyber

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

7777tapjw.png

Well that's really not a fair comparison. One game is out in about a week, the other in one month. Bioshock will probably reach the goal in 2-3 weeks. Pre-purchase now or a week before release won't change anything, you will still get the same stuff as everyone else and at the same time.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

*steam preorder pics*

The Bioshock: Infinite preorder tier system was implemented a few days ago. Its progress is going along at a brisk pace.

Apparently, anyone who preordered before the tier system was implemented will get BS1, the TF2 items, and XCOM anyway, regardless of if rewards 2 and 3 are met (or so I've heard).

Sn4ke_911

Think I'm gonna wait until I know the PC port doesn't have any issues. Far Cry 3 was a bit of a mess at launch.

IGN said PC is definitly the version to go. They have nothing but praise for this game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/23/ign-au-talks-bioshock-infinite

Also have you played Bioshock on PC? this game runs butter smooth and so will Infinite.

Well that's really not a fair comparison. One game is out in about a week, the other in one month. Bioshock will probably reach the goal in 2-3 weeks. Pre-purchase now or a week before release won't change anything, you will still get the same stuff as everyone else and at the same time.

Well yeah, let's see in a few weeks i guess. The problem is the name "Tomb Raider" alone sells. People are like, "dude a new Tomb Raider game is coming out soon" "Oh cool will buy"

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm pumped for this game. That initial gameplay video, specifically the
tear opening into a Tears For Fears alternate universe
got me really excited for it back then, and I've just let it idly tick over in the meantime. Will definitely pick it up, but the UK games market pretty much dictates that I wait a month and get it for half the price. By then I'll know whether to keep my hopes high or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

7777tapjw.png

I never saw anything with a rocket launcher opting to run right at you in a straight line in Tomb Raider videos
iZr3iy5pxQVuz.gif

Sn4ke_911

I never saw anything with a rocket launcher opting to run right at you in a straight line in Tomb Raider videos
iZr3iy5pxQVuz.gif

Right because what they've shown at the VGA's last year was the final code.

d1rtn4p

Couldn't be less excited. I thought Bioshock had a great setting, but pretty bad half-baked gameplay (System Shock 2 spoiled me). I didn't like Bioshock 2 nearly as much as the first game. Infinite looks like more of the same...

Sn4ke_911

Your Answers for 1999 Mode

Have they mentioned if you can jump into 1999 mode right away? That's the most exciting part of the game to me.

Are you going to need to complete the game to unlock 1999 Mode or is it available from day one?
-Facebook User Brandon Jackson

Bill Gardner: 1999 Mode doesn’t require you to complete the game before you can experience it. However, since we don’t want just anybody stumbling across it by accident and getting overwhelmed, we’re toying with the idea of “unlocking” it from the main menu. I’m sure you can imagine some ways we might do that.

IGN said PC is definitly the version to go. They have nothing but praise for this game.
They might do but it doesn't mean it won't have issues on specific cards. If IGN has an issue they can probably just run the game on a different rig and trust PR that it will be ironed out by release. I don't have that luxury. Kinda sick of buying PC games and waiting 2 weeks for issues to get patched.

Sn4ke_911

Couldn't be less excited. I thought Bioshock had a great setting, but pretty bad half-baked gameplay (System Shock 2 spoiled me). I didn't like Bioshock 2 nearly as much as the first game. Infinite looks like more of the same...

Irrational Games had nothing to do with Bioshock 2.

Infinite is the true succesor to Bioshock 1.

Top Bottom