• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

x-Lundz-x

At 31 I can still handle 'em, even on work days although I won't stay up til sunrise. That isn't possible.

I can, I just am worthless at work all the next day so I usually don't. But I just realized something, I have vacation that week! Totally did not plan that either but damn I forgot. Midnight launch here I come!!

Old-man bro-fist. The last midnight launch I've done was Doom 3. *sigh* Oh, Doom 3.....
Oh wow Doom 3, that does bring back some memories haha. I did do a midnight launch for that and I remember being absolutely blown away at like 2AM in my pitch black bedroom playing that on my PC.

Kallor

Haven't we been hearing about this game since 2009? I have been hyped for so long that I don't know if i want this anymore. I guess its probably the same with FFVs13 and Agent.

There does seem to be a particularly odd aura about this game, mainly brought about by the seemingly immense ambition of it and the rumours of serious development trouble. I have a feeling it could turn out to be either one of the year's best titles, or one of its worst. It doesn't feel like there's much middle-ground for this one.

pargonta

Haven't we been hearing about this game since 2009? I have been hyped for so long that I don't know if i want this anymore. I guess its probably the same with FFVs13 and Agent.

it was unveiled as 'project icarus', irrational's followup to 2007s bioshock, in the summer of 2010.

Shit like that makes me sad.

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

BioShock: Infinite

7777tapjw.png

I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR. Watch 2K closing Irrational Games if this game bombs :( We can't let that happen, we just can't! Irrational doesn't make 0815 shooters, they always make something special and i have no doubt Infinite will be any different. I seriously think this could be the best FPS game this decade.

Wait, what the hell is this? Is this like KS stretch goals for pre-orders?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

More or less, and so far every game has hit 100%, so I'm of the opinion that the progress bar has no tangible significance whatsoever beyond falsely enticing more pre-orders. (I'm going to look quite the fool if BioInf pre-purchasers miss out on XCOM. :p)

More or less, and so far every game has hit 100%, so I'm of the opinion that the progress bar has no tangible significance whatsoever beyond falsely enticing more pre-orders. (I'm going to look quite the fool if BioInf pre-purchasers miss out on XCOM. :p)

Man, I'd be so pissed, but at the rate the bar is filling, I doubt it.

Pretty much. These aren't the only games to have done this. XCOM did as well.

In any case tomb raider has had it's pre purchase on sale for 44.99 since it was added, and the stretch goals have been up longer. Bioshock's just started last week.

Would be nice if the prepurchase was like 55 or something.

seems like this game is taking like yonkers to come out but day 1 for me.

pc or x360 version for me. got bioshock on x360+ps3 (some trade bait shit).

The PS3 version was particularly blurry and awful

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

We've also been seeing this game since then, unlike Agent and Versus. Not the same at all.

Andrew.

Banned
seems like this game is taking like yonkers to come out but day 1 for me.

pc or x360 version for me. got bioshock on x360+ps3 (some trade bait shit).

The PS3 version was particularly blurry and awful

The PS3 version is the best version in my opinion. It runs at 1080P as opposed to 720 on 360 and you get the bonus plasmids like Sonic Boom automatically without having to download them along with the addition of the Challenge Rooms (although thats paid DLC).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

The game has gone gold, we can stop that now.

also everyone in doubt i highly recommend taking a quick look around the 13:00 minute mark of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6jcWtROfA

Columbia looks incredible, so much stuff going on and to see. The detail and life of this city is just WOW.

Dylan

I'm really excited for this game. It's actually one of the extremely few (maybe the only?) game this gen that I'm mostly interested in the plot.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pretty much. It's hell of scummy.

I can swallow it when the preorder goals are good. Obviously you don't want them holding what would be in-game hostage, but stuff like free games is hard to complain about. Preordering RE6 got me a free copy of RE5 which was nice. Bioshock Infinite preorders will come with a free copy of XCom: EU if and when it reaches the third stage. It would be best if it were all guaranteed up front with a preorder, but publishers usually aren't so "generous" with the content they offer for those cases.

Sentenza

I couldn't be less hyped for this game even trying.
It's a Bioshock sequel after all.

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

7777tapjw.png

I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR.
Do you?

I'm not particularly excited about either of the two, but going for a blind purchase I would pick TR over BI in a heartbeat.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman

Tomb Raider

http://www.abload.de/img/222zyop1.png[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/7777tapjw.png[img]

[B]I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR[/B]. Watch 2K closing Irrational Games if this game bombs :( We can't let that happen, we just can't! Irrational doesn't make 0815 shooters, they always make something special and i have no doubt Infinite will be any different. I seriously think this could be the best FPS game this decade.[/QUOTE]

we already know that many people think tomb raider is an incredible game.

FACE

Banned
The PS3 version is the best version in my opinion. It runs at 1080P as opposed to 720 on 360 and you get the bonus plasmids like Sonic Boom automatically without having to download them along with the addition of the Challenge Rooms (although thats paid DLC).

What? I think that is highly unlikely.

Andrew.

Banned
What? I think that is highly unlikely.

So when I boot up the PS3 version and my TV displays 1080P as the resolution (no upscaling), it's fucking with me? I mean it might not be "true" 1080 as you guys call it, but owning both the 360 and PS3 versions of BS1, I can tell you that when I boot up one it says 720 and when I do the other, it says 1080.

So when I boot up the PS3 version and my TV displays 1080P as the resolution (no upscaling), it's fucking with me? I mean it might not be "true" 1080 as you guys call it, but owning both the 360 and PS3 versions of BS1, I can tell you that when I boot up one it says 720 and when I do the other, it says 1080.

The game is rendered in 720p, your T.V is lying to you. Trust me, I own a Panasonic too.

Andrew.

Banned
Wish I could watch that video...

Times like this make me desperatley wish my company would allow access to YT vids.

The PS3 version is uglier and sure as fuck isn't 1080p, it's lower res than the 360 version. AND the framerate is worse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-15-article?page=2

Digital Foundry said:
In truth, these issues barely registered on the radar for me; they had zero impact on the game experience. What matters is that the brilliantly realised city of Rapture is diminished on PS3 - first of all with a reduction in resolution - a drop from 720p to 680p, and secondly by the inclusion of an utterly useless, detail-destroying blur effect that kills fine detail. Yup, the dreaded Vaseline effect is back, once again lowering picture quality for PS3 owners with absolutely zero benefit whatsoever.

In the like-for-like sections captured for this feature, the PS3 version was far more prone to dropping down to 20fps at any given moment, even on the undersea voyage intro sequence, whereas the 360 game does a pretty good job of staying at the requisite 30 frames per second.

I've been warning multiplatform owners to stay away from PS3 Bioshock for years. It's a shitty port.

I pre ordered this game like two years ago, because I love Irrational and Ken Lavine. I can't wait for this game ^_^

can't believe it's finally coming out XD

Andrew.

Banned
The PS3 version is uglier and sure as fuck isn't 1080p, it's lower res than the 360 version. AND the framerate is worse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-15-article?page=2

I've been warning multiplatform owners to stay away from PS3 Bioshock for years. It's a shitty port.

Out of the half dozen times I've played the PS3 port, I've never noticed any of that, but that could also be because I've played the game 20+ times so maybe I've just become blind to those things.

x-Lundz-x

Probably the fact the game is based on UE3, which was designed for the 360 in mind. PS3 games on UE3 are almost always not up to snuff with the 360 version. It's been getting better over the years but still there is a small difference.

However, other games like Tomb Raider for example seem to be running better on the PS3 because I think they are being made for PS3 first and then ported to 360.

Andrew.

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Levine isn't some snake oil salesman bullshitter like Pitchford.

We will be fine.

Top Bottom