• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

123rl

I'm playing through Bioshock now to remind myself of the story then I'll finish Bioshock 2 soon. 100% ready for this game!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Shit like that makes me sad.

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

BioShock: Infinite

7777tpjw.png

I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR. Watch 2K closing Irrational Games if this game bombs :( We can't let that happen, we just can't! Irrational doesn't make 0815 shooters, they always make something special and i have no doubt Infinite will be any different. I seriously think this could be the best FPS game this decade.

You know? Did you play them? Cut the bullshit.

I guess I know the exact opposite since I'm optimistic about TR and think infinite will be a shit show.

Man I can't friggin' wait to get my hands on this. I see that a lot of people are skeptical but I'm confident that it will blow us away.

Derrick01

Banned
I want my first playthrough to be in 1999 mode, so this is good news.

If anything is going to make this game worth playing it'll be this. I'm hoping they don't let me down like pretty much every other "hardcore" mode. Even New Vegas had a shit one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i think you can unlock it with a cheat code/somehow, otherwise it'll unlock when you complete the game.

That's not true.

I hate to re-quote myself but

Are you going to need to complete the game to unlock 1999 Mode or is it available from day one?
-Facebook User Brandon Jackson

Bill Gardner: 1999 Mode doesn’t require you to complete the game before you can experience it. However, since we don’t want just anybody stumbling across it by accident and getting overwhelmed, we’re toying with the idea of “unlocking” it from the main menu. I’m sure you can imagine some ways we might do that.

http://irrationalgames.com/insider/your-answers-for-1999-mode/

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

7777tapjw.png

I already know Infinite is a gazzillion times better than TR. Watch 2K closing Irrational Games if this game bombs :( We can't let that happen, we just can't! Irrational doesn't make 0815 shooters, they always make something special and i have no doubt Infinite will be any different. I seriously think this could be the best FPS game this decade.

This is why I never preorder, the only game I preordered was Guild Wars 2 and that's because of the early access.

HoJu

So have they not said anything about 1999 mode other than promising "superior, hardcore" gameplay?

Hm...

And yeah love the art in the game.

Snookie

I really liked the first Bioshock but I bought 2 when it was dirt cheap and I just couldnt get into it. I didn't realize that 2 was made by a different studio.

x-Lundz-x

Nope. I'm just a massive fan. Never done an OT. Wouldn't even know where to start.

Yeah, same here. My hype level for Bioshock Infinite is redlining. Despite the so called troubled development I just don't see how it's possible for this game to turn out any way other than spectacular. In Ken I trust.

FACE

Banned
If anything is going to make this game worth playing it'll be this. I'm hoping they don't let me down like pretty much every other "hardcore" mode. Even New Vegas had a shit one.

At least in New Vegas' case you can mod the hardcore mode.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah, same here. My hype level for Bioshock Infinite is redlining. Despite the so called troubled development I just don't see how it's possible for this game to turn out any way other than spectacular. In Ken I trust.

Exactly how I feel. *super brofist*

Most likely around two weeks from now I'll be bordering on the level of batshit insane.

pargonta

send it through the pneumo tube! chop chop!

aesthetics are a moral imperative and you promised me pretty...

so i hope it's good!

Xyber

This is why I never preorder, the only game I preordered was Guild Wars 2 and that's because of the early access.

I would say that pre-purchasing Bioshock on Steam is a very good buy if you have decided that you want the game. You get Bioshock 1, TF2 items (that you can sell) and the latest XCOM game. That is if all rewards unlock and I don't doubt that will happen.

Deadbeat

Banned
Im not expecting anything beyond what Bioshock did in terms of complexity. Kevin Levine can make all the promises in the world but its still another focus tested game. This 1999 mode is another distraction for people to have some glimmer of hope that this game wont be simplified for a wider audience.

I will rent.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't know why I don't feel very hyped for this. The first two Bioshock games were good. I'm more looking forward to RE6 on PC, is that messed up?

angelfly

Tomb Raider

222zyop1.png

7777tapjw.png

I would've preordered but the $60 price tag drove me away. My TR preorder was only $36 ($44 without the extra discount). They need better preorder incentives.

Andrew.

Banned
I'm not even sure yet if the local GS's will be midnighting this. If they are, I'm absolutely there. If not, no big deal. I like getting up early, going out to breakfast and hyping myself before I do The 10AM On The Dot Pick Up. Exactly what I did for Max Payne 3 last year. It was glorious.

Mogwai

Irrational Games had nothing to do with Bioshock 2.

Infinite is the true succesor to Bioshock 1.

Yeah, and since Infinite has been in the oven since the first game, I'm totally confident that it will blow our minds.

Levine to 2K Games: "Guys, the next Bioshock game is going to be even more awesome. It will be so awesome, that you can make a sequel to my game so that my ultimate vision will not get fucked up by your money hungering corporate minds."

Somehow I could imagine that Levine realized that he had to sacrifice a bit of his artistic integrity in order to fulfill his vision of Infinite. But honestly, Bioshock 2 really wasn't that bad. Digital Extremes did a respectable job. Wonder what would have happened if Gearbox had attempted to make Bioshock 2. I almost don't dare to think of it...

I have never gotten the Bioshock 2 hate. I really enjoyed it, sure it didn't really change anything from 1 but nothing needed changed in my opinion.

I would gladly hop back into Rapture for B3 as long as they gave me new weapons/plasmids. That's how much I just enjoy the game.

Yeah, and since Infinite has been in the oven since the first game, I'm totally confident that it will blow our minds.

Levine to 2K Games: "Guys, the next Bioshock game is going to be even more awesome. It will be so awesome, that you can make a sequel to my game so that my ultimate vision will not get fucked up by your money hungering corporate minds."

Somehow I could imagine that Levine realized that he had to sacrifice a bit of his artistic integrity in order to fulfill his vision of Infinite. But honestly, Bioshock 2 really wasn't that bad. Digital Extremes did a respectable job. Wonder what would have happened if Gearbox had attempted to make Bioshock 2. I almost don't dare to think of it...

I would say we would be a lot more hyped for Infinite then we currently are. We would be baying for the Bioshock franchises return to greatness after the shit sandwich that Gearbox would have no doubt given us.

Oh you got to play Bioshock Infinite already?

Andrew.

Banned
Wonder what would have happened if Gearbox had attempted to make Bioshock 2. I almost don't dare to think of it...

Yeah let's not. lol.

I loved Bio 2 for what it was. The gunplay was much improved and despite the story being good, but not nearly as good as Bio 1's, Minerva's Den made up for it.

void666

Banned
Bill Gardner: 1999 Mode doesn’t require you to complete the game before you can experience it. However, since we don’t want just anybody stumbling across it by accident and getting overwhelmed, we’re toying with the idea of “unlocking” it from the main menu. I’m sure you can imagine some ways we might do that.

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT A B SELECT START

Top Bottom