• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of PlayStation exclusives is currently being tested for release to other platforms

I Master l

Banned

bi7C0RS.jpg

One of PlayStation third party exclusives is currently being tested for release to other platforms, Including the switch

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, He is the co founder of True Gaming website the biggest
Arabic gaming website and he is a legit leaker

Last edited:

Tangerine

Would be weird playing any sony game on the switch or the next gen switch whenever that releases.

As mentioned sackboy would be a great fit. I'd be down for PS to join Xbox in giving the switch some love.

Tangerine

Wonder if it is legit rumor and it is Kena on Switch, if they'd have bothered to put the time in like doom eternal...or will it be a cloud only switch title...which sucks from what I hear.

TheTony316

Would be weird playing any sony game on the switch or the next gen switch whenever that releases.

As mentioned sackboy would be a great fit. I'd be down for PS to join Xbox in giving the switch some love.
I always thought that games like Gravity Rush, Tearaway Unfolded, and Sackboy should be released on Switch.

Don't know if this is credible, but...

He's talking about a third party exclusive.

Tangerine

Nah, only if Nintendo starts releasing games on Playstation.
I think you are correct. But Xbox released a few 1st party games on the Switch, presumably because they don't consider it direct competition; no Nintendo on Xbox. Could increase profits for Sony if they did similar. They have dipped their toes into streaming games and PC releases so it's a next possible step? It is Sony we are talking about though, I know.

Last edited:

yurinka

Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Nioh, Stray, Kena, Guilty Gear Strive or any other timed big or small 3rd party exclusive. Tons of 3rd party exclusives for Xbox, PS and Switch are timed exclusives and after certain time they get released in other consoles.

So yes, multiple 3rd party PS exclusives are being tested for Switch. And multiple Xbox and Switch 3rd party exclusives are being tested for PS.

But forget seeing any PS IP on Switch, even the Captain Obvious rumor/supposed leak or the OP says 3rd party exclusive.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Kena or Stray probably.

Stray is too recent, if something, it has to be Kena.

The creators were clear about it even just days after the launch that the game will not go to other consoles "until a certain period". The games 1 year anniversary is September 21.

In an interview with SegmentNext, Ember Lab confirmed that Kena: Bridge of Spirits is currently a timed PlayStation exclusive, which means that it can't be ported to another console until after a certain time period.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Xbox Release Possible - Game Rant

Last edited:
I thought Sony would be putting Kena, Deathloop, Sifu, and Stray on PS+ at some point.

Kena has been out for almost a year, so I'd suspect we'll see it on PS+ this fall or winter.

Wohc

Banned
Non news if it's one of those shitty timed exclusives, big news and great for the community if it would be Dreams.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

bi7C0RS.jpg

One of PlayStation third party exclusives is currently being tested for release to other platforms, Including the switch

For anyone who doesn't know who he is, He is the co founder of True Gaming website the biggest

"Legit leaker"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

solidus12

I never thought PlayStation would go third party… not before Xbox anyway.

What an age we living huh? Wonder what they’ll think of next.

solidus12

By releasing their games on other platforms little by little.
If true, that the definition of going third party.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
By releasing their games on other platforms little by little.

That's been happening for a while now. Both Sony and Microsoft are third party publishers on Steam. Microsoft has been third party on PlayStation with Minecraft for years. Not sure what any of that has to do with timed exclusives though, which is more than likely what is being talked about here.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

bi7C0RS.jpg

What game Will be?

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
We already have a precedent in the form of MLB The Show 22 Nintendo Switch from Sony Playstation
Do we? I thought MLB published that version?

From what I know Sony hasn’t published any games on other platforms outside of PC (I could be wrong though, of course).

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I can’t even think of one possible game that would be exciting from the current third party timed exclusives.

But yeah I guess it’s Kena.

Top Bottom