• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange is the New Black - Season 1 on Netflix - Every sentence is a story

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
Yeah their relationship was really annoying at for pretty much most of it, until the other girl started getting involved in it

I fast forwarded a LOT of Jason Biggs/Piper stuff.

I really do hope that Biggs doesn't come back to any serious role. Not on him, just that the character is such a drag sometimes. Super annoying. Chapman isn't super tolerable either, but where she's our POV protagonist, he's just an annoying whiner bemoaning how hard it is to be a supportive guy. It's hard to emphasize with him because he
watched Mad Men, the fucker. True villain of the series

Larry is quite honestly one of the most loathsome characters on television. What a whiny, self-centered, vacuous douche.

I hope Jenji doesn't feel obligated to reconcile Piper and Larry just because they're still together in real life. Show Piper and Show Larry are such a trainwreck of a couple that keeping them together in the end would be a really hard pill to swallow.

June-July probably. 1 year later like House of Cards. Some optimistically say spring.

My optimistic side says spring, while my pessimistic side says early-mid summer. Which is pretty good assuming my baseless thoughts have any value, as it speaks to me that there's a good chance I could be watching S2 in only a half a year.

anaron

Larry is quite honestly one of the most loathsome characters on television. What a whiny, self-centered, vacuous douche.

I hope Jenji doesn't feel obligated to reconcile Piper and Larry just because they're still together in real life. Show Piper and Show Larry are such a trainwreck of a couple that keeping them together in the end would be a really hard pill to swallow.

Totally agree.

At this point, if he returns, I'll only be able to look at him as stealing screen time away from the incredible characters and actors that portray them. Hell, I felt that way in season 1.

Totally agree.

At this point, if he returns, I'll only be able to look at him as stealing screen time away from the incredible characters and actors that portray them. Hell, I felt that way in season 1.

I wonder how Real Larry feels about his fictional counterpart.

It's quite clear that Piper Kerman (and presumably her husband) went into this knowing that the whole thing would be heavily, heavily fictionalized, but if I were Larry, I'd still be squirming quite a bit.

The money probably helps, though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Same here. Every second spent on Jason Biggs is a second away from one of the vastly more interesting prison characters.

I hate Piper she's really mentally fucked up. When she goes to the 'SHU" she does promise to stay on a straight line and then goes out to have sex with Alex. She also never seems to get anything or the hints that the inmates and officers or her boyfriend are giving her. And then of course out of the blue she goes super crazy in the last episode and potentially kills Tiffany (though her life was in danger). But it's still all just thrown out there.

I don't know how to respond to this. She's definitely got a lot of problems, but honoring her promises to Healy shouldn't be what makes her not fucked-up. Her actions in the last episode should not be taken as out-of-the-blue either, because she's been having a lot of issues (even if some of them are by her own design). It's not lik eher actions in the end weren't unjustified.

inm8num2

Piper was completely justified in defending herself and then some. Her life was threatened, and Healy seemingly didn't care if she got hurt.

Blackhead

Redarse
I hate Piper she's really mentally fucked up. When she goes to the 'SHU" she does promise to stay on a straight line and then goes out to have sex with Alex. She also never seems to get anything or the hints that the inmates and officers or her boyfriend are giving her. And then of course out of the blue she goes super crazy in the last episode and potentially kills Tiffany (though her life was in danger). But it's still all just thrown out there.

Naaah, you got it all wrong bro. Piper was doing Tiffany a huge favor. Tiff had been complaining that the prison wouldn't fix her fucked up teeth so Piper was knocking 'em out thus forcing the gov to give Tiff a new set. Such a selfless act. First episode of season 2 well be Piper and Tiff making out, just you wait

Naaah, you got it all wrong bro. Piper was doing Tiffany a huge favor. Tiff had been complaining that the prison wouldn't fix her fucked up teeth so Piper was knocking 'em out thus forcing the gov to give Tiff a new set. Such a selfless act. First episode of season 2 well be Piper and Tiff making out, just you wait

Lol, if she isn't dead of course. Tiff is a funny little character though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So weird for a main character, was any reason given?

When she took the pivotal role of Alex, Prepon did not have a contract beyond Season 1. Having completed the season loving the character but not the bleak prison setting, along with her desire to direct her first movie this year, Prepon decided she didn’t want the commitment of being a series regular.

Then OITNB exploded.

As far as Prepon’s future with OITNB, she is currently negotiating her Season 3 status, which could lead to a more sustained presence for her.

Source

dLMN8R

Is it ironic that if she was actually in prison, she'd be getting better medical care and wouldn't have to ask for donations?

someday

Banned
One would think she'd have health insurance through SAG-AFTRA.

In any case, hope she recovers. She's a tremendous actress.

The problem is, even with insurance, accidents can be catastrophic financially. She was in a coma for over two weeks so she's in an ICU. That's expensive. I doubt any of them were making a huge amount after one season of a Netflix show either. I hope she pulls through completely. I didn't even know she was in an accident.

someday

Banned
I didn't like the song. It wouldn't normally be a big deal but when you're marathoning a show it seemed worse than it probably was.

Dram

Just watching it now. When Pennsatucky
locked Alex inside the washing machine, I honestly thought she was going to die.

YoungHav

Banned
Lol at some people not getting character motivations. Pennsatucky tried to murder Piper, she had every right to defend herself.

Pennsatucky is tougher than George Zimmerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom