• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange is the New Black - Season 1 on Netflix - Every sentence is a story

Status
Not open for further replies.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Was hoping a second season would be enough. Dont like the idea of dragging this out.

All at once and it's glorious.

Yes, I fucking hate weekly. Just wish HBO would do this. I wouldn't mind paying extra for a streaming service if I could binge on True Detective and Game of Thrones.

Looking forward to season 2, wasn't sure if I was going to like this, but it won me over.

Linius

Both ways of releasing are fine to me. If every TV show would release all episodes at once from now on I would go nuts and wouldn't know what to watch anymore :p

- HitFix: Netflix renews 'Orange Is The New Black' for season 3
Netflix is a very strange outfit when it comes to releasing information. They won't tell the public how many people are watching their original shows, and won't even tell the people making them (which has caused some problems when it comes to actors and producers trying to negotiate new contracts). And when it comes to the renewal of what's allegedly the streaming service's most popular show, "Orange Is The New Black," they left the announcement up to Laura Prepon's Instagram.

Earlier today, Prepon — a guest star through most of the women's prison drama's first season, and someone who will only appear in four episodes of the second — posted the following to Instagram, along with the caption "It's official!! Season 3!! #oitnb #alexvause #backtothebighouse":

When I checked in with Netflix about whether the renewal was official yet, I was told, "This is how we're making it official." (And Prepon has said that she'll be back full-time for a third season.)

belushy

Banned
Oh yeah, I need to re-watch this before the second season starts. Really looking forward to it! Happy to see it already has a 3rd season penned up.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
a_560x0.jpg

Traumatised

Izuna

Banned
I just started watching this. Currently just finished Episode 8 and I have to say, Piper is so fucking selfish and entitled. Perhaps that's the point, but so far into it she hasn't changed she just got worse.

As for all of the other characters, most of them got screwed over before they got into Prison and you can really tell they are trying their best. I feel like this show would have been better if Piper wasn't the "main character" - I'm glad they focus on other characters.

Liking it overall though!

andycapps

Wife and I just finished season 1 this week. Crazy Eyes is definitely my favorite character on the show.

Are they going the route of having Piper become more and more of a bad person as the show goes on? The way the show starts out, she starts out just trying to survive, and as the show progresses, she seems to become like a really selfish and bad person, particularly in the last episode. And then the trailer for season 2 it really seems like she's progressed beyond being just "Dandelion."

Just finished watching this over the weekend..great show. That theme song had me convinced I'd hate it. Luckily, I can just skip the crap. Can't wait till next month!

Just started watching last night and up to ep 8. I'm really enjoying this, only problem I have is Larry is boring and I could less about the non prison characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom