• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's in the OP, but I thought it best to reiterate that graphical collaborators are more than welcome for the Killer is Dead OT. If you're interested, please be sure to send me a PM!

Caerith

When games have staggered release dates, which should we use for the "7 days before" rule? First date, or first English-language date? (Assuming they're within a few weeks of each other I mean, not like a year apart.)

Been lazy in actually typing up this post to claim them:

Dynasty Warriors 8 by DakkuMauji (16th May 2013)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 by DakkuMauji (16th May 2013)

Dynasty Warriors 8 is going to be released on 07/16/13.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 will be released sometime this summer.

Won't be doing the One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 OT anymore.

Katana_Strikes will be doing it instead.

And to save some trouble,

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 by Katana_Strikes (4th July 2013)

Roo

I have a question...
I was looking at some OT's and I noticed some of them were split into several post like this one

My question is.. how do I prevent people from posting till everything is ready? Is there any option or do I have to ask for it gently? lol

I ask this because there's always an smartass that ruins the whole thing.

MrBig

I have a question...
I was looking at some OT's and I noticed some of them were split into several post like this one

My question is.. how do I prevent people from posting till everything is ready? Is there any option or do I have to ask for it gently? lol

Multi post OTs are being discouraged in any case. You don't need to launch a marketing campaign for the game here, just introduce people to the game to spur discussion

Nemesis_

I have a question...

Just put a disclaimer at the top of the post and the mods will remove anything posted in between. I had the same issue with my RE6 OT but it was fixed within ten minutes.

That being said, people seem to hate multi-part OTs so maybe consider compressing it. Especially since for my OT the first three pages were people complaining about it being long :/ People love to find reasons to de-rail and I am sure they will especially do it for anything Nintendo related too. >_> (Assuming you're talking about Mario Kart for some reason, lol).

If you're having problems fitting into the character limit, maybe find ways to incorporate text into images and then save on the character count.

As I posted in the OP, here are the official guidelines for an OT though they're not very specific at all. You can exceed one post with a very good reason to but I don't really understand what that could mean. My Resident Evil 6 OT didn't actually get "reprimanded" for being too long (heck, one mod said it was okay and another PMed me to make it smaller :/) but yeah, just use your own discretion I guess.

Which game is it for?

Roo

Multi post OTs are being discouraged in any case. You don't need to launch a marketing campaign for the game here, just introduce people to the game to spur discussion

Just put a disclaimer at the top of the post and the mods will remove anything posted in between. I had the same issue with my RE6 OT but it was fixed within ten minutes.

That being said, people seem to hate multi-part OTs so maybe consider compressing it. Especially since for my OT the first three pages were people complaining about it being long :/ People love to find reasons to de-rail and I am sure they will especially do it for anything Nintendo related too. >_> (Assuming you're talking about Mario Kart for some reason, lol).

If you're having problems fitting into the character limit, maybe find ways to incorporate text into images and then save on the character count.

As I posted in the OP, here are the official guidelines for an OT though they're not very specific at all. You can exceed one post with a very good reason to but I don't really understand what that could mean. My Resident Evil 6 OT didn't actually get "reprimanded" for being too long (heck, one mod said it was okay and another PMed me to make it smaller :/) but yeah, just use your own discretion I guess.

Which game is it for?

First of all, thank you both for replying.
There's not specific game in mind. It was just a general question.
I don't think I'll have any problem with the character limit for my OT because I'm planning to do exactly what you're suggesting.

Some of those OT have communities (For NeoGAF) hidden under the email tag and you need to quote the whole post in order to see the links. Is it possible to exceed one post for that specific part of my OT? It would save time and there would be nothing but essential links. I can use only the OP but I want to be sure if two post for this reason are out of the question.

Dawg

Your RE6 thread isn't even that long, Nemesis :p

I mean, it's nothing compared to the AC: Rev OT or the mother of all OT's: MGS4

Nemesis_

^ I will update the thread tomorrow! Gonna try to get it done in smaller amounts so I don't delay as much.

First of all, thank you both for replying.
There's not specific game in mind. It was just a general question.
I don't think I'll have any problem with the character limit for my OT because I'm planning to do exactly what you're suggesting.

Some of those OT have communities (For NeoGAF) hidden under the email tag and you need to quote the whole post in order to see the links. Is it possible to exceed one post for that specific part of my OT? It would save time and there would be nothing but essential links. I can use only the OP but I want to be sure if two post for this reason are out of the question.

You could go the way I went.

Resident Evil 6 OT
Resident Evil 6 Spoiler OT
Resident Evil 6 Community OT

At the time, the Community OT was the only OT in community. It wasn't super succesful, but I would wager that was more due to the vitriolic backlash to RE6 and my thread rather than the concept itself.

Your RE6 thread isn't even that long, Nemesis :p

I mean, it's nothing compared to the AC: Rev OT or the mother of all OT's: MGS4

The haters were out in full force :( I can probably find ways to compress an OT now, having made one, but I can't wait to work my magic on Bayonetta 2 and Evil Within.

Afro

Still a Junior, but i'd be honored to do The Witness |OT|. I should have way over 300 posts by the time it releases (assuming it takes 3 months/300 posts to graduate from Junior status).

Still a long ways from release (Q1 2014).

The Witness by Afro (6th July 2013)

Dawg

I just noticed nobody picked the Killzone Vita game yet.

I'm not taking it (got enough OT's that period), but someone might wanna do it? :p

Dawg

I keep thinking I should include Ryan Davis in the SR IV OT somehow, but I don't know how yet.

SR3 was like his all-time favourite, a shame he will never be able to play the fourth and final saints game :(

Frost_Ace

Just discovered this thread, can I take the Soul Hackers thread for the European release in September?

EDIT: I don't think there'll be a thread for the EU release since the original didn't hit 20k posts, sorry, disregard my post.

Caerith

I just noticed nobody picked the Killzone Vita game yet.

I'm not taking it (got enough OT's that period), but someone might wanna do it? :p

Dawg
Banned

August 2013

October 2013

November 2013

General

Dawg got himself banned the other day. I don't know if it's perma or how long it'll last, but unless his ban is 30 days or less I don't think he's going to be making the thread for Saints Row IV (comes out 20 August 2013).

Roo

Dawg
Banned

Dawg got himself banned the other day. I don't know if it's perma or how long it'll last, but unless his ban is 30 days or less I don't think he's going to be making the thread for Saints Row IV (comes out 20 August 2013).

Uh-oh!

The_Monk

Dawg
Banned

Hello fellow GAFfer, Dawg just sent me a message on Steam saying that his Ban will only last until 25/07.

He asked me to post that info in here, so hope this helps. Thank you all for your time!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";70427621]I claimed it a long time ago during the announcement, just making sure nobody else is making a Jojo ASB OT.[/QUOTE]Ok cool. I noticed your post during the announcement but I wasn't sure if that was still happening. Glad that's sorted out.

Caerith

Hello fellow GAFfer, Dawg just sent me a message on Steam saying that his Ban will only last until 25/07.

He asked me to post that info in here, so hope this helps. Thank you all for your time!
Thanks, Monk! That's the shortest ban I've ever heard of, but I'm glad he'll be back in time.

Aguila

#ICONIC
When games have staggered release dates, which should we use for the "7 days before" rule? First date, or first English-language date? (Assuming they're within a few weeks of each other I mean, not like a year apart.)

So, is there an answer to these questions? :3

My Pikmin 3 OT is near complete. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.
The game is already out in Japan, but the problem is that it is still 10+ days away in Europe and about two weeks in NA.

Should it already be posted for those who have the Japanese version?

mclem

I'm planning a big Steam giveaway this weekend; I intend to make it a bit more involved than a straight giveaway. Would it be better to do it in the Steam Sale thread or pull it out into a separate thread, as has happened with bingo on occasion?

If it were to last for a couple of hours, say, when would be a good time of day to run it? I'm currently leaning towards about 9pm UK time (which would be three hours after the reset) - is this sufficiently convenient for Americans?

Nemesis_

You can remove SMT IV from the OP, thread has been made. Now you have a little more space! :p

Cheers, I still think I'm in trouble. Haha.

EDIT: All updated. I'm thinking of contacting a mod to ask them to lock this thread, so I can make a new one with a two post prefix. The posts will be full for a while now, since so many are inhabiting the "GENERAL" arena. I'll see how I go for now.

I might work on revamping the thread - adding graphics and what not, and then making the request. Kind of like a re-launch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom