• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

Shizuka

I think Aksys/IFI forgot that I like to review otome games.

I don't think Aksys sent Period Cube automatically, just for those that sent them a request (still waiting for mine). As for Hakuoki, you might have to sent IFI a message, as I did get that one without asking.

JPS Kai

I don't think Aksys sent Period Cube automatically, just for those that sent them a request (still waiting for mine). As for Hakuoki, you might have to sent IFI a message, as I did get that one without asking.

I'm quietly taking it as a sign that it just wasn't meant to be.

Shizuka

Playing Hakuoki Kyoto Winds, it's weird. It's not the complete Hakuoki experience, which makes the endings feel like cliffhangers, but at the same time, since it's just half the game, it doesn't feel like a chore to do all the routes.
I wonder when the second part is coming out.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Just curious, has anyone here played the Psychedelica games? What did you think of them?

Estellise

Just curious, has anyone here played the Psychedelica games? What did you think of them?

Aaaah the psychedelica series is sooo gooood. Its like the best otome series I've played. It took me 2 years to finally play the first one and finished the second one about a month ago. They really focus on story (still a good amount of romance IMO) and have a great set of characters. Both games have voiced heroines too. Haitaka's heroine was soooo great; strong, kickass, and amazing. After playing Kokuchou, seeing the connections in the sequel, Haitaka, was such a treat. Although what I really find interesting about the series is
that not everyone gets a happy end
. I think I've said this like a million times but I'm really hoping Aksys localizes these games (maybe at Anime Expo lol). I'd like to see this series get more recognition though because I think they'd be pretty well received in the west. I'm hoping they announce a third game at Otomate Party this year.

Saphirax

Aaaah the psychedelica series is sooo gooood. Its like the best otome series I've played. It took me 2 years to finally play the first one and finished the second one about a month ago. They really focus on story (still a good amount of romance IMO) and have a great set of characters. Both games have voiced heroines too. Haitaka's heroine was soooo great; strong, kickass, and amazing. After playing Kokuchou, seeing the connections in the sequel, Haitaka, was such a treat. Although what I really find interesting about the series is
that not everyone gets a happy end
. I think I've said this like a million times but I'm really hoping Aksys localizes these games (maybe at Anime Expo lol). I'd like to see this series get more recognition though because I think they'd be pretty well received in the west. I'm hoping they announce a third game at Otomate Party this year.

I've heard nothing but great things about both games and they're the two otome games I want to see localized the most. But, the chances of us getting them...are probably low. I'm not even sure Aksys will announce more otome games at AX. And, if they do, it'll probably be Hakuoki SSL, Kenka Bancho Otome or something similar.

jzbluz

I've heard nothing but great things about both games and they're the two otome games I want to see localized the most. But, the chances of us getting them...are probably low. I'm not even sure Aksys will announce more otome games at AX. And, if they do, it'll probably be Hakuoki SSL, Kenka Bancho Otome or something similar.

Fans were speculating that XSEED are licensing KBO since they did talk about licensing an otome game a few weeks back, and I can see IFI doing SSL since it's Hakuoki.

Shizuka

Fans were speculating that XSEED are licensing KBO since they did talk about licensing an otome game a few weeks back, and I can see IFI doing SSL since it's Hakuoki.

Agreed. If XSEED is doing Otome, it's either KBO or English Detective Mysteria, and if anyone is doing any Hakuoki title in the future, it's IFI.

Saphirax

While it's probable, the issue with KBO is that SC would publish the game on Steam and I don't see XSEED dealing with a vita only release.

I'm all up for a pleasant surprise though.

Saphirax

Some Hakuoki tidbits:

Kyoto Winds will have DLC. There'll be a free chibi theme and 12 paid themes.

It's also likey that the second part will release next year :/.

Estellise

Yeah, I can't see it happening this year with CxM, BAW and C:R FD still yet to be released. But, I do hope somehow the series gets recognized. Its definitely a series that would receive good reception here and its agonizing not being able to gush about the games with many others lol.

Side Kicks! Is also a pretty interesting detective/police otome that takes place in a fictional city in California. Idk if any company would localize it (its developed by a pretty underrated company) but I enjoyed it.

Some Hakuoki tidbits:

Kyoto Winds will have DLC. There'll be a free chibi theme and 12 paid themes.

It's also likey that the second part will release next year :/.

12 paid themes?! 12!?

Motherfuck... Otomate, for the love of God call me for your themes. I'd die to get to do Hakuoki themes. T3T

Sucks about part 2 next year too... but fingers crossed that somehow turns out to be not true.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Hakuoki just a re-release of the PSP games remastered for Vita? All these releases are as confusing as the random Corpse Party releases that come out every year. lol

Saphirax

Is Hakuoki just a re-release of the PSP games remastered for Vita? All these releases are as confusing as the random Corpse Party releases that come out every year. lol

It has 6 new routes, includes the fandisc and Kazama's route has been expanded. However, the game has been split into two parts and this is only the first one.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Cool beans re: Psychedelica! Ordered cheap physical used copies.

I'm, like, all revved up about milking Vita VNs for all they're worth. Fata Morgana remains my top priority, of course.

ShyMel

Envyyyy.

Was positively surprised at the huge turnout. The place was packed.

Yes, I was excited to see so many other fans! I thought it might just be the people who bought the $60 tickets plus a few people with the $15 tickets, but it was way more than that.

eefara

Has anyone here played Magical Otoge Ciel? It's a free otome on Steam; I'm only on my first route, but it's really cute so far! It's very light-hearted, and the writing's really solid. The heroine's pretty fearless, and the humor (for me, at least) has been pretty spot on.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that was Glocuz or whatever they were called. Heard they went bankrupt soon after their failed KS.

No surprise there (please learn western business a little more...) I'm still hoping that someone else picks it up one day. Never heard of it, but I would love to play it localized.

jzbluz

Yeah, that was Glocuz or whatever they were called. Heard they went bankrupt soon after their failed KS.

I didn't know that. Looking at the Hakuoki and Amnesia mobile releases, it's seems to be published by a different company now.

No surprise there (please learn western business a little more...) I'm still hoping that someone else picks it up one day. Never heard of it, but I would love to play it localized.

It's an Otomate title with a mobile port, so Solmare could license it since they have various other Otomate titles. Otherwise, there are other titles I would like more.

Saphirax

Hahahaha.

C_ZivX7XcAAuxDu.jpg

No Steam release, $30 for the first volume only (there's four in total) AND English voices only. Oh and the menus haven't been translated.

:DDDD

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahaha.

C_ZivX7XcAAuxDu.jpg

No Steam release, $30 for the first volume only (there's four in total) AND English voices only. Oh and the menus haven't been translated.

:DDDD

"We only translate part way and still charge a full game amount!" No surprise here!

Saphirax

Well they exceeded my expectations by actually releasing something, but there's no way I'm buying it with that many issues. Interested in seeing if the localization is competent, though.

Edit: Whelp...

Top Bottom