• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
One thing I never believed in Otome games is romances built in days. You say you want to spend the rest of your life with a person you met four days ago? No, I don't buy it, not even in fiction.

This.

It's a major factor in why the best writing in the genre involves stories that take place over a span of weeks/months IMO.

One thing I never believed in Otome games is romances built in days. You say you want to spend the rest of your life with a person you met four days ago? No, I don't buy it, not even in fiction.

I can deal when they've been through some insane shit together usually but it is pretty bizarre.

Itsuki

Try Tokimemo GS then. The romance is built in 3 years and you have to work a lot to make him getting interested in you.

jzbluz

Try Tokimemo GS then. The romance is built in 3 years and you have to work a lot to make him getting interested in you.

I adored the third game in that series; It's too bad that Konami basically killed it along with their other franchises.

Itsuki

I adored the third game in that series; It's too bad that Konami basically killed it along with their other franchises.

The second game is my favorite. Koei borrowed the franchise from Konami to make a mobile game called Tokimeki Restaurant. I tried the game but I can't get into it so the franchise is dead for me too.

jzbluz

The second game is my favorite. Koei borrowed the franchise from Konami to make a mobile game called Tokimeki Restaurant. I tried the game but I can't get into it so the franchise is dead for me too.

VNs look like ass in the ds, so I never played the first two games.

eefara

Aaaah. Finished up Magical Otoge Anholly after finishing Magical Otoge Ciel, and I can't wait until batensan's next game, Magical Otoge Iris! :O If anyone's interested in the games, I can do a short write up for both later! They're really cute and funny!
If you're like me and like puns.

You should still play them even if you don't like puns.

Saphirax

Aaaah. Finished up Magical Otoge Anholly after finishing Magical Otoge Ciel, and I can't wait until batensan's next game, Magical Otoge Iris! :O If anyone's interested in the games, I can do a short write up for both later! They're really cute and funny!
If you're like me and like puns.

You should still play them even if you don't like puns.

...go on.

:p

I enjoy a good pun or two.

jzbluz

Hakuoki and themes are up on the PSN. I wish we could get a preview since I'm debating on wether or not to buy one of the themes, but I don't even know if it has music.

I'm on the JP network and will be for awhile so I guess I can wait for impresssions.

BTA

So back in September I finally got around to playing Kent's route in Amnesia (looks like... I started last March, then finished Shin's + all of Ikki's last May) and ended up loving it; he's a good adorable dork.

I never got around to playing more since then but I just played all of Toma's route yesterday. Even though the only thing I knew going into the game was actually
his cage thing
, it was still kinda surprising how his route went. It's really differently paced/focused than the other routes, and it actually did have a cute good ending. I've heard from a friend that the sequel actually addresses the issues with their dynamic really well, so... it's pretty unfortunate that it's looking like we won't be getting that here.

And now I've started the final route.
It seems pretty obvious that Ukyo's looping/rewinding/reloading (that is, Toma's route and the start of this made it pretty explicit even if it hasn't clicked for protag/Orion), and I'm gonna go as far as saying that he's probably Orion's master since he was finally named, but I'm really into that concept and am excited to see what happens! I'm using a comical amount of saves to help with hitting bad endings though... Also, it's really unfortunate, but I'm noticing a clear increase in typos and mistakes in his route, so I'm guessing it wasn't edited as much/as well as the others? There was even a line that was definitely Orion's as it was written but was attributed to Ukyo, but confusingly was also voiced by Ukyo. So... not sure what was up there.

BTA

I've now finished Amnesia (well, I'm mopping up a CG I missed while I write this, but otherwise...). It had a lot of issues, but I did enjoy it overall and I'm sad that we probably won't get any of the fan discs, since I think the fluff in those would be much more to my liking!

In terms of more visual novels to play on my Vita, which I've not payed nearly enough attention to recently before I came back to finish this, I'm probably just gonna jump to Steins;Gate 0 soon. But I do want to play another otoge too and I'm wondering: of Code Realize or Sweet Fuse, which do people here think would be better to play first? I also have Norn9, but I know that's not spoken of highly while those two are. I intend to play all of them eventually but I'm just not sure which to start with.

(And, uh, if you can suggest a route order for either of them, that'd probably be nice, since I think I got spoiled for one of Sweet Fuse's secrets while trying to look...)

EDIT: Aaaaaaah that CG was in Kent's route, and it was from the extra scene from getting all his questions right, but I didn't expect
him to essentially propose?? It killed me, I'm dying, if nothing else this sweet dork was wonderful.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question...

I noticed that there are 12 different pieces of DLC for the PS3 Hakuoki. Are any of these already included in the Vita version?

Shizuka

CXM_PSV_web.jpg

Shizuka

For comparison sake:

583686_front.jpg

590463_front.jpg

I like the limited edition art better, glad that Aksys went with that one. I wish Aksys did the same with Period Cube and went with the limited edition art as well:

589238_front.jpg

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ has a release date in Japan: 8/23.

It's also confirmed to run at eye-gougingly high-res 3840x2160 on PS4 Pro.

Itsuki

Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ has a release date in Japan: 8/23.

It's also confirmed to run at eye-gougingly high-res 3840x2160 on PS4 Pro.

Thinking about getting it because it includes the fandisk but I don't like to play VN on my TV...

ShyMel

You know going from finishing Code Realize to playing Period Cube is such a step down. It's like going from a five star restaurant to a McDonalds. I'm just glad that I'm almost halfway done with it.

Top Bottom