• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 1 million PS4 sold in France

Raist

Banned
For reference, it took ~19 months for the PS3 to reach 1M in France.

The PS4 was also severely supply constrained in France till ~April 2014.

Purest 78

The US sells the most consoles so more software is sold by default. The consoles sold in other countries isn't the Game attach rate nearly identical?

foxbeldin

For reference, it took ~19 months for the PS3 to reach 1M in France.

The PS4 was also severely supply constrained in France till ~April 2014.

Yep, and basically, november means nothing here, no real black friday stuff, it's all about christmas. So the big end of the year numbers have yet to come. (i assume it's the same for the rest of Europe)

Harmen

I think France likes Japanese stuff quite a lot (manga, anime, games etc.), so I guess this could be good news for those liking Japanese games, there is possibly a market for them in Europe.

The US sells the most consoles so more software is sold by default. The consoles sold in other countries isn't the Game attach rate nearly identical?
depends on the country. France probably has a better attach rate than UK since they like more games than the average UK consumer. Germany has a much bigger pc market and accepted digital much more rapidly so tracked attach rates might be lower than UK's
Edit: misread US as UK though it should apply to US too for attach rates

Toxa

google trans

ony Computer Entertainment France announced that its PlayStation 4 console out there a little more than a year, has surpassed the one million copies sold according to the accounts of the independent institute GfK . In October , Sony unveiled its latest video game console had exceeded the 13.5 million sales worldwide .

PlayStation 4 would , according to Sony , the console has reached soon this sales volume in France, surpassing the record of the PlayStation 2 .

For its part, Nintendo France announced this morning in Le Figaro that his Wii U console was going to pass the milestone of 500,000 sales this year end . Scores of them are unknown Xbox One , Microsoft does not communicate its sales territory.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/20...221-un-million-de-playstation-4-en-france.php

Welfare

So it's hit 1 million in the 3 big PAL regions before the end of the year. Sony just dominating over there.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah, it was sarcasm. Intended at that guy in the "Germany Thread" saying, Microsoft only focus on US/UK because they're the most important markets and are about 90%.

Aaaaaand i live in Germany. So much about knowing Europe.

Sarcastic posts are all well and good, but at least leave a hint of humour. I don't mean to single you out but this is one of my biggest gripes on Neogaf, if people just put a
;)
at the end of sarcastic posts a lot of bitching could be avoided.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, it was sarcasm. Intended at that guy in the "Germany Thread" saying, Microsoft only focus on US/UK because they're the most important markets and are about 90%.

Aaaaaand i live in Germany. So much about knowing Europe.

MS focus on UK/US because they are markets which they can actually impact things reasonably. You start adding up 'unimportant' markets getting 1m sales each, and they aren't so unimportant anymore

foxbeldin

Mildly relevant, google.fr search popularity :

Kt5YKzv.png

Damn, I'm glad it's doing well there.

Sarcastic posts are all well and good, but at least leave a hint of humour. I don't mean to single you out but this is one of my biggest gripes on Neogaf, if people just put a
;)
or a

/s
;)

pLow7

;)

Yeah but then it's like explaning a Joke before telling it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah but then it's like explaning a Joke before telling it.

It's not quite the same thing if nobody except you get's the joke though.

Not surprising.Mainland Europe has always been SonyLand.

Not just mainland Europe. People tend to lump Ireland together with the UK, but Ireland is a bigger SonyLand than anywhere.

But the gap is closing guys! Right? RIGHT!?

These type of threads put things into perspective as to why Sony doesn't have to react as hastily as many felt they had to do.

DieH@rd

Banned

I guess very soon Sony UK will announce 2 million sold. Probably by the time Bloodborne is out.

PS4 is doing better than Xbox One in UK?

Isn't UK Microsoft Land? :O

It was PS1 and PS2 land, and then MS caught victory in 7th gen by releasing cheaper console year+ before PS3. With nextgen, they lost some of their userbase by bad pre-launch decisions and having more expensive console. PS4 sold better everywhere in the world from the moment it launched, including US and UK.

Top Bottom