• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 1 million PS4 sold in France

kingkenny76

Yeah well France has bad taste so it makes sense they'd buy 1 million of them.

salt.jpg

Xando

Of course not. I just expected the ratio of PS4:XB1 to be lower than in Germany or at least around the same.

Germany: 4.44:1
France: 3:1

I think the ratio will go up rather quick now. Atleast in germany the Xbox has been a no show since spring/early summer.

That Germany ratio is being disputed.

Ah I see. I just checked that other thread.

I think the ratio will go up rather quick now. Atleast in germany the Xbox has been a no show since spring/early summer.

Definitely possible.

Exactly why I thought it was odd that it was only 3:1 in France. If those numbers were actually accurate, then PS4 has been outselling the XB1 in Germany 6.6:1 since the summer. The 4.44 ratio is very front loaded in the XB1's favor.

Elios83

It's interesting to note that UK, Germany and France are really close in total sales and importance (for PS4 at least)
Spain should be a bit smaller, Italy is definetly smaller, PS4 installed base here should be north of 500k.

Consumers are fickle, no country is anyone's land. If a console (or any consumer product) sells better in a particular region, it more than likely isn't because of any particular loyalty, but because that company just did a better job at selling into that reigion.

Microsoft did a better job at selling the Xbox 360 in the UK than Sony did the PS3. Sony are doing a better job at selling the PS4 into the UK than Microsoft is doing selling the Xbox One into the UK.

This "x country is <company> land!" stuff isn't really useful or accurate.

I don't think so. You can't deny an attachment to a company. Sony manage to outsold Microsoft 2:1 in Europe with the PS3 (360 had TWO more christmas, and 360 was a good console).

In fact, I just think PlayStation is a more popular name. In France, everybody (like parents) knows PlayStation, and I'm pretty sure it's not the case with Xbox.

nampad

While it is a marathon and not a sprint, it doesn't look good for Microsoft when we look purely at the marketshare. I don't think they are able to recover and gain marketshare like the PS3 in the last generation.
Well, they fucked up with their vision of the living room and now they get what they deserved.

Loudninja

UK:
PS4: 1 million* as of September*
Xbox One:

Spain:Old launch numbers
PS4: 360k
Xbox One:35,000*not updated*

France:
PS4: 1.000.000
Wii U: 490.000

AU:Old launch numbers
Xbox One:65,917*first 3 days*

Germany:
PS4: 1 million
XB1: 170,000*not updated*

Portugal:Old launch numbers
PS4:21k

Gurish

When I see such numbers I wonder who won November and Black Friday Worldwide, MS put UK in their "winning PR" like it means they own all of Europe while in reality France and Germany are not really that far behind in terms of units sold.

Xando

UK:
PS4: 1.5 million
Xbox One: 1.1 million

Spain:Old numbers
PS4:181,000
Xbox One:35,000

France:
XBO: 300.000 - 330.000

AU:Old numbers

Germany:Wait for official updated numbers
PS4: 540,000
XB1: 170,000

Portugal:Old numbers

1 million PS4s in germany was announced by sony.

1.2 million was leaked from the same website that leaked earlier numbers (July or August not sure, just not an official gfk report).

That makes 3.7m in UK, Germany and France. These markets together are going to be as big for PS4 as the US will be for XB1, especially if the temporary price cut in the US really is temporary.

When I see such numbers I wonder who won November and Black Friday Worldwide, MS put UK in their "winning PR" like it means they own all of Europe while in reality France and Germany are not really that far behind in terms of units sold.

Ms probs thinks uk = all Europe lol

I don't think so. You can't deny an attachment to a company. Sony manage to outsold Microsoft 2:1 in Europe with the PS3 (360 had TWO more christmas, and 360 was a good console).

In fact, I just think PlayStation is a more popular name. In France, everybody (like parents) knows PlayStation, and I'm pretty sure it's not the case with Xbox.

Exactly, it would need several years maybe decades for MS to be as well known as Playstation or even Nintendo here.

DieH@rd

Banned
That makes 3.7m in UK, Germany and France. These markets together are going to be as big for PS4 as the US will be for XB1, especially if the temporary price cut in the US really is temporary.

Those 3 EU countries would easily be 4-5m if Sony did not route so many consoles to US and UK in first 4-6 months of sales.

BTW, what's are the latest NPD totals?

On Demand

Banned

I'm sure PS4 sells more WW every week and month. This generation is going to have a PS2 lopsided sales for PS4. If MS beats Sony in the U.S. it really won't matter. Besides XB1 won't have the sales lead that 360 have over PS3.

Jotaka

off topic
Something I always wondered is... How many of US sales are from people that import the consoles from US and it would end into another country in the world.
I almost sure that most of consoles in Latin America probable come from US market.... and because that the US market value is kinda inflated. Anyone has an insight about this issue?

Caronte

UK:
PS4: 1.5 million
Xbox One: 1.1 million

Spain:Old launch numbers
PS4:181,000
Xbox One:35,000

France:

AU:Old launch numbers

Germany:
PS4: 1 million
XB1: 170,000*not updated*

Portugal:Old launch numbers

According to this, as of October 15th the total sales of PS4 in Spain are 360k with a ratio of 7:1 against Xbone.

Top Bottom