• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 1 million PS4 sold in France

m@cross

masterofthehouse.jpg

I see. I know nothing about UK :(
As Xbox One had very good sales number on Black Friday, I thought the Xbox One would be able to catch up with the PS4 :O

Anyway, glad that consoles are doing great :)

I see. I know nothing about UK :(
As Xbox One had very good sales number on Black Friday, I thought the Xbox One would be able to catch up with the PS4 :O

Anyway, glad that consoles are doing great :)
The Xbox One "won" the November Sales Battle in the UK by only a few hundred units.
Normally PS4 wins nearly every week in the UK.

I wonder when Playstation will announce how many PS4 units they've sold so far. I also wonder how many they sold, could they be near 18 million shipped by now?

Leyasu

Banned
I live in France and it is playstationland.

Worth noting, last year I asked all my gaming colleagues if they were going to preorder the ps4 after it was announced..

They all said the same thing, the 360 was a great console and they wanted to see the new xbox before deciding..

Guess what they bought after microsoft unveiled the xbone? lol

I think had a good opportunity after the 360 that they just threw away with the xbone.

Pinktaco

Sony did good to actually acknowledge Europe this time around and not release the console a million years later than everywhere else.

This is why gaining such a large piece of the pie in the US is important for Sony, because it'll basically make them auto-win this generation and anybody saying otherwise are kidding themselves.

It's a bit of a lose lose situation for MS. Focus too much on the US and they risk losing Europe even more, but focus on both too much and they lose ground both places.

It'll be interesting as well to see how Asia will turn out this generation. So far Japan is a no show, but maybe Sony can turn it around? And then there's China

foxbeldin

I live in France and it is playstationland.

Yes, i do know personal experiences don't necessary mean something for the big picture, but for example, i'm hosting a gaming night next saturday : Among us, 5 PS4 owners, 2 WiiU owners, 0 XB1 owners.
I can feel it in the air.

thelastword

Banned
Vive la France! pretty good showing. France was always a sony stronghold anyways, but this console has massive popularity worldwide.

It'll be interesting as well to see how Asia will turn out this generation. So far Japan is a no show, but maybe Sony can turn it around? And then there's China

PS4 will be close to 1 million sales by the end of the year. Considering how western the lineup of games has been this year, I am sure sales will start to take off in Japan next year.

It took awhile but it finally happened. This is said in every European sales thread. Did you expect XB1 sales to be literally zero?

Of course not. I just expected the ratio of PS4:XB1 to be lower than in Germany or at least around the same.

Germany: 4.44:1
France: 3:1

I frequent the PAL threads and I don't recall this being something that is brought up often, but I'm probably just remembering incorrectly.

I have a feeling China will fall too. Soony™.

Yeah I was too. It's not doing that bad as say Japan or Spain.

Yep. I thought the ratio would be slightly lower than in Germany because Nintendo has a relatively decent following in France.

Man did you ever choose the correct avatar :)
You quoted two lines, but only had the energy to read one of them?

I was about to post something along the same lines, luckily I had the energy to carry on reading before I posted so I avoided making a fool of myself ;)

Purest 78

People seem to forget the ps4 released later in Japan. It will sell 1 million in under a calendar year easily. That's not bad at all imo, considering what the competition is doing.

If that's true, only way that's gonna happen if the DQ bundle does gangbusters these few weeks.
Depends on whether it drops off this week or continues selling well in the run up to Christmas. If not, it should reach it in January. Typically, Nintendo does well pre Christmas, Sony after.

Jotaka

I dont think Xbox One is leading in any market except Brazil and China.

Not really... in Brazil the gray market is bigger than the official channels.. There is no way to know for sure the real number of PS4's install base

PS: Just doing a simple search in a famous Brazilian auction site:
633 entries for PS4 new consoles
190 for Xbox One new consoles

not taking in account the fact that each entry can have as many consoles for sale.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Of course not. I just expected the ratio of PS4:XB1 to be lower than in Germany or at least around the same.

Germany: 4.44:1
France: 3:1

I frequent the PAL threads and I don't recall this being something that is brought up often, but I'm probably just remembering incorrectly.
That Germany ratio is being disputed.

Faustek

It could, but UK is working hard against it.

It will be a fight between Wii U & X1 for sure also Nintendo cannot compete in the UK

It could... if it could sacrifice short/mid term profits for market shares. Microsoft can afford that. Nintendo, not.

yeah...Uk the only bastion of power MS can count on ^^

Oh well kinda cool to see that not everyone has abounded the Wii U. It's mostly my MonHun machine but it's sad to see the little overall love in sales it gets....as a Vita lover I can sympathise :p

Yeah well France has bad taste so it makes sense they'd buy 1 million of them.

1.Not a funny joke
2.Stupid
3.What?
4.My weewee smells like Pringles

DieH@rd

Banned
Sony did good to actually acknowledge Europe this time around and not release the console a million years later than everywhere else.

O yeah, 2013 PS4 EU launch was very unexpected! They always shafted us to get their consoles last, and this time all we had to wait is 2 weeks.

Yeah well France has bad taste so it makes sense they'd buy 1 million of them.

upnzem.gif

People seem to forget the ps4 released later in Japan. It will sell 1 million in under a calendar year easily. That's not bad at all imo, considering what the competition is doing.

Yeah but there is 130 million people in Japan, and around 60 million in France (and 80 in Germany). So it's not that great.

Qassim

Isn't UK Microsoft Land? :O

Consumers are fickle, no country is anyone's land. If a console (or any consumer product) sells better in a particular region, it more than likely isn't because of any particular loyalty, but because that company just did a better job at selling into that reigion.

Microsoft did a better job at selling the Xbox 360 in the UK than Sony did the PS3. Sony are doing a better job at selling the PS4 into the UK than Microsoft is doing selling the Xbox One into the UK.

This "x country is <company> land!" stuff isn't really useful or accurate.

Top Bottom