• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 180 games have confirmed to support the DualSense

GHG

That's not saying much, The Dualsense is the default controller for PS5 so of course they will support it if they plan to release games on the PS5.

Well nobody has to support the haptics or the triggers but it's now pretty rare that a native app comes out without support for the new features.

Even better is the fact that some games have even started to support them on PC as well.

Aenima

That's not saying much, The Dualsense is the default controller for PS5 so of course they will support it if they plan to release games on the PS5.
Thats not what alot ppl was saying when the Dualsense feautures got announced. Alot ppl was expecting that only 1st party studios and some 3rd party would bother implementing dualsense feautures. But alot of 3rd party devs have been implementing dualsense feautures to they games. Mostly the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

Personally have been loving the Haptic Feedback implementation. Hard to go back to normal rumble controllers.

GametimeUK

Needs more options in the games for me. I hate the fact some games cause the controller to vibrate every time your character takes a step. Sometimes the only way to disable it is to turn rumble off altogether. So annoying.

Dual sense is a bit of a mixed bag for me. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.

Aenima

Needs more options in the games for me. I hate the fact some games cause the controller to vibrate every time your character takes a step. Sometimes the only way to disable it is to turn rumble off altogether. So annoying.

Dual sense is a bit of a mixed bag for me. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.
You can decrease the vibration intensity both for the haptics and for the triggers. If you feeling the vibrations are too strong, lower them in the controller menu of the console.
Not sure now, but i think by defaut the vibration are set to the maximum strenght, i lowered them to medium or lowest. Same as the controller light instensity. It also helps save battery.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

You can decrease the vibration intensity both for the haptics and for the triggers. If you feeling the vibrations are too strong, lower them in the controller menu of the console.
Not sure now, but i think by defaut the vibration are set to the maximum strenght, i lowered them to medium or lowest. Same as the controller light instensity. It also helps save battery.
So in a game like Control will this eliminate the vibrating everytime I take a step, but keep all other rumble functional?

GametimeUK

No, but it will be much less noticeable. You can still feel the steps but is very smooth vibrations. I actually liked the implementation in Control alot.
Appreciated, but it doesn't look like the option would be beneficial to me as it weakens all rumble or disables it completely. Thanks anyway. I'm not saying it's bad, it just isn't for me.

[Sigma]

I like it a lot. 3rd party has some good uses but at the same time be kinda lacking in comparison to 1st party or timed exclusive games when it comes to good implementation(that goes for Tempest 3D audio stuff too).

Ive been waiting on DICE to see if they do something significant with it in Battlefield 2042 because the beta was disappointing. It was basically a mild rumble. You should definitely be able to do alt firing stuff with the triggers at the very least which will have good uses in this game. DICE is being wishy-washy on this shit so I don't have any confidence that they will put in something that's worth anything right now, if at all.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Smart engineering, using sound basically means that support is really easy to do. Triggers are probably harder, but then again how much routines you have build in the game. And they are already tools which brings the feel of guns based on some device which measures resistance. Or at least I was told that.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
That's the PS5 controller that comes with the console, right? So how could they not support it, lol.

These kinds of "gotcha" posts really baffle me. Critical thinking is important, and I feel like too many people are lacking that nowadays.

How could they not support it?

The same way some developers didn't support analog sticks and/or rumble back when the PS1 introduced them.
The same way some developers didn't support the touchpad or the lightbar on the DualShock 4 controller.

Third party developers could have just made the DualSense controller work the way PS4 controllers work. They would essentially be DualSense controllers in name only as none of the DualSense features would be utilized.

Yeah, but what kind of support? I see MK11 in the list, and the support is like the normal rumble. Devs can just put like 2 intensities of rumble and call it a Dualsense support.
A true good functionalitys and gameplay uses will be basically for the exclusives. A can see the triggers been used more in shooters, but people tend to disable that function for online play.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Who is tweeting this and why should we care?

All PS5 games have to support the DualSense controller so this means nothing lol.

Love the Dualsense. Its my go-to for singleplayer shooters. Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus with the triggers and haptics was awesome.
Shooters without rear paddles, ew. Especially games like doom eternal. Absolutely horrible to play without paddles on a controller IMO.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Love the Dualsense. Its my go-to for singleplayer shooters. Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus with the triggers and haptics was awesome.
I love it in single player shooters as well; great feature. I disable it when playing competitive multiplayer though since it would put me at a disadvantage.

And how many use it well? Astros is still miles ahead of anything I’ve played and the triggers especially get turned off in most games. If you don’t play with headphones you can hear them constantly clicking and it tends to boil down to slightly harder to press trigger even when it makes no sense.

It sometimes feels like the Emperors New Clothes as everyone was going wild about the support in GoT DC but I was not at all impressed.

The haptics are a step above anything else for sure but still most games I’ve played tend to adopt the approach of more rumble all of the time instead of subtlety using it to trick your senses like Astros does.

Last edited:

skneogaf

Good to hear, the xbox pad only had a few developers support the rumble triggers which are actually pretty good feeling and don't intrude as much as the adaptive triggers do which I'll likely disable on some games as they're too intrusive.

Aenima

uhm... "Support the dualsense" literally means that they at least support the HD rumble feature it has... which is EVERY GAME... that's not hard to support.
by that logic every game on Switch supports the JoyCons... what a dumb thread and tweet
Nop.

All PS4 games vibrate using a dualsense but is an on/off vibration just like the normal rumble on the Dualshock4.

Games that support the Dualsense means they support the haptics or adaptive triggers, or both. You can clearly feel the difference when the haptics are supported.

Bottom line is that alot ppl was expecting only a few 3rd party devs to make use of the DS features, but alot of them have been implementing DS features in they games. Not all devs do it.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Well nobody has to support the haptics or the triggers but it's now pretty rare that a native app comes out without support for the new features.

Even better is the fact that some games have even started to support them on PC as well.
Do you know which PC games?

I hate DualSense features.
1st thing I do when I get a new game is to go into the options and turn all gimmick haptics and adaptive triggers off. I already taped over the mic and speaker too, because fuck em.

Nah loving it
joe-cool-xbox-dualsense.gif

Mr.ODST

Love the DualSense for multiple reasons, just the controller doesn't fit my hand well and I had 2 break on me (Triggers on Cosmo Red and Stick Drift and broken Circle on another)

Some games like Returnal and Astro use them well, the others it feels like a gimmick tacked on.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I have to admit I kinda wish there was a game that used the features to the level of Astros Playroom. However its always a pleasant surprise to see something used on the duelsense, the triggers being the most common.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Honest truth is I've habitually disabled controller rumble since the PS3 era due to nerve damage issues in my hands. However with DualSense I've made an exception due to it being less stressful and genuinely additive to the play experience.

Zooming across a snowy landscape on one of Death Stranding's zip-lines is so much more impactful when you can feel wind vibration.

SilentUser

I love when a game support properly the DualSense, it is such an outstanding controller. Haptic feedback, triggers and built-in microfone are so useful, It seems like Sony did a great job making it easy to implement considering how many studios are actively using it.

What do they mean support? They use rumple, haptics, motion control , touch pad, the dpad or all of the above??
They just add haptic feedback and/or adaptive triggers to normal stuff like shooting or surfaces, they don't build games around it like Astros Playroom.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What do they mean support? They use rumple, haptics, motion control , touch pad, the dpad or all of the above??

Literally any of the above including the speaker.
It doesnt have to be all features any combination including just a single feature counts as DualSense support.

Now Sony just update the damn PCSDK so devs can finally give us haptics on PC.
The SDK already has pretty much everything else.
What could possibly be blocking the SDK from allowing Haptics.

Top Bottom