• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yibby

Yeah this was my question as well. As far as I know, the game always pronounces each number separately: 2-0-4-8-6-3. I'm not aware of anytime it says "twenty" or anything like that, but maybe I missed it.

In case you missed it in this thread, 204863 is also the gene model for a tree
http://plntfdb.bio.uni-potsdam.de/v3.0/gene_details.php?pep_id=204863&sp_id=PTR

and this tree is called Populus Trichocarpa (PT)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populus_trichocarpa

cchum

Yeah this was my question as well. As far as I know, the game always pronounces each number separately: 2-0-4-8-6-3. I'm not aware of anytime it says "twenty" or anything like that, but maybe I missed it.

One side note: after peeking through the hole during the fast-moving red sequence, the fetus in the sink uses the phrase "exactly 10 months back" when talking about "you got fired so you drowned your sorrows in booze." Maybe this is related to the "exactly 10 steps" of the final puzzle? You are supposed to walk 10 steps back from the radio to the phone? Moving through the hallways is moving through time? Just crazy speculation but the phrasing is interesting.

I can trigger it either way, but maybe I always trigger it at the radio because that's usually her first spawn (if you're at the phone). Maybe that's the key. Start at the radio, "thought I heard a phone" and 10 steps. Maybe that's how people are getting it so fast sometimes. They hit her spawn and the 10 steps at the same time.
Okay thanks man. I'll do that.

Hm, so from the "behind you" bit on the radio she'll pop up? I never got possessed. I guess I didn't get far enough. I'll check out the puzzles some more to make sure I can get past where I was. Her popping out makes me shit a damn house. :(

Pretty sure you're possessed automatically at one point (after the flashlight). You ever hear the high heels (aka knocking)?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
L2gusyK.png

LOL

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finally got the trailer. I got it after the first screen you get after you do everything possible in the game, this one was white and said something like contacting you later or whatnot (normally I received the yellow screen with "I'll call later" written all over it in several different languages). The screen had to basically glitch out. Once I awoke and headed through the door, this was it. I waited for the clock to strike midnight. Once that happened I stopped in position. The chimes ran out, then I walked from the clock to the bathroom (10 exact steps) and got a laugh.
Then I just followed what she was haunting (radio, fetus, or phone)
. I would stay zoomed into that object, my second laugh was at the radio. Then I stopped, just like every youtube video, GAF reply/quote have said. I didn't move, received the final 3rd laugh, and then the controller vibrated until the phone rang. It worked like a charm.
You just have to pay attention to whatever noise she makes during the haunting.
I think I've played through the entire thing 10 or more times, at least a couple hours, and tonight I finally got what I wanted to see. Bring on the pre-order!!

Edit: I did have a mic. I was saying, "Hello Baby" a couple times after the first laugh.

Rojo

Gamefaqs has amazing FFXV threads lol

but seriously P.T is indeed excellent.

haha nice to know someone else visits the FFXV fourms, but yea kojima did good with this and stirred quiet a crowd the man is brilliant. I hope we see more of this now.

Schrade

You guys saying there are three haunting spots... there's actually 6.

1) Outside window by phone
2) At entrance hallway just before the clock (right at the door)
3) Right at the clock, in the middle of the hallway
4) In the bathtub, behind you when you look at the mirror
5) In the entryway at the front door by the radio.
6) In the doorway to the garage (where the stairs are)

Basically every place there is a piece of the photo that you have to piece together.

Åesop;125713406 said:
J is the son. You can also hear him in the Epilog, where he complains about his dad:

So it looks like we're playing as the dad who killed his family. His dead son comes back from the other world and tricks him into playing this video game P.T. (Knowing you, I was sure you'd notice this game and play it). The dad then gets trapped inside the game. If you die in P.T. and respawn in the first room, theres a paperbag with a speaking head behind you (probably that one guy, who also killed his family and then hanged himself):

So this might actually refer to you as the player, since you noticed this game on PSN lol. By stepping through that door we enter one of many Silent Hills, thas his son had prepared (new toys). The father sees himself walking in front of him, because the player is now controlling him (3rd person).

Both, the player and the dad are now trapped, but according to that hidden swedish voice in the radio (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jb2SOhCjEw) you can become "one of them". And the gates to a new dimension will open soon (probably means, that for the first time in the series we will visit multiple versions of Silent Hill, no only the one dedicated to the protagonist, hence the name "Silent Hills"). You escaped from your own Silent Hill limbo by facing your past and fears. Then the phone rings and tells you, you are the chosen one (become one of them - step through different dimensions).

KJZ0zlk.gif

Joakim Mogren is swedish, this also came to mind.
https://www.youtube.com
/watch?v=_Kav2t0spyE

HeelPower

haha nice to know someone else visits the FFXV fourms, but yea kojima did good with this and stirred quiet a crowd the man is brilliant. I hope we see more of this now.

There are some of the most entertaining and hilarious threads over on the FFXV forums.I don't post but I like to visit there from time to time to see what they are up to.

Z3M0G

Ok so:

Manly breathing/moaning= wait by radio
Woman breathing= wait by phone
Crying= wait in bathroom

I'll do this and report back later although it doesn't explain the triggers by entry door and basement door. Maybe she has to kill you first so she disappears?

I dont think I can tell the difference between the manly or woman breathing... only the crying is obvious. Im trying now and getting the crying quite often.

Edit: no luck :(

gdt

I'm in the endless
hallway with the eyeballs
. Been here for awhile can't figure out what to do...help?

Can't find the
fallen frame.

cchum

Yeah I don't know about this theory anymore. Heard her crying, but she was by the entry door. Strangely enough...triggered the second while being possessed and looking at the "Lisa forgive me" phrase.

Tried a couple times for the theory we had and didn't work....

Schrade

I'm in the endless
hallway with the eyeballs
. Been here for awhile can't figure out what to do...help?

Can't find the
fallen frame.

Make sure the gamma isn't too dark that you can't see the edges of the hallway floor. Just keep going in one direction until you get a hallway with a picture on the floor, propped against the wall then look up on the wall above it.

Schrade

Basically every place there is a piece of the photo that you have to piece together.

With all the places above that she can be in, I wonder if one of the keys is to be in a spot before the haunting starts and then get lucky if she spawns where you're standing?

gdt

Make sure the gamma isn't too dark that you can't see the edges of the hallway floor. Just keep going in one direction until you get a hallway with a picture on the floor, propped against the wall then look up on the wall above it.

Ok thanks got that. Got the white screen, was that the end? Did I fail or something? Got the tearing and everything. But now a
bell
went off...

DNAbro

Ok thanks got that. Got the white screen, was that the end? Did I fail or something? Got the tearing and everything. But now a
bell
went off...

the ending is the trailer.

i'm amazed how many people think it's the ending though. I thought it was obvious that the game was trying to fuck with you.

There is also

Outside window across from bathroom
Inside bathroom not in mirror

Those are rare.

If you are standing in a spot she will spawn somewhere else, unless its the mirror. So you basically have some control of where she spawns.

Schrade

I have been at this for DAYS. I have read every single suggestion I've come across and tried them all. None of them work.

I am starting to think that I need to delete my save file and just start over.

EL CUCO

I have been at this for DAYS. I have read every single suggestion I've come across and tried them all. None of them work.

I am starting to think that I need to delete my save file and just start over.

Noo. That's what Kojima wants you do.

Just sing to that 👶 and pretend to cradle him in your arms. Works every time

le-seb

I've started playing this game in the dark with the Gold headset, and stopped after 30 minutes because I was stuck and all sweaty.
And since then, I've been lurking here and there, delaying the time to go to bed.

Guys, I'm near 40 but tonight I feel like the 6 years old boy I was back in the time.
I'm pretty sure there's some
fucking giggling zombie foetus
under my bed now, and I'm alone.

Nope. Nope nope nope. This game is just freaking scary.

mattp

Apparently this dude just solved it.

Link

The picture pieces provide you with a clue to the final puzzles. It calls upon you to seek her out. So by checking out the haunt locations during the final phase you'll trigger the second giggle.

EDIT: I was also able to complete it this way.
is everyone ignoring this?
this works guys. they figured it out

wait for the bell to ring and 00:00 on clock and do the 10 steps thing to trigger the first baby

then just do this:

any time you hear the moaning, stare at the radio until the music stops
any time you hear the crying stare at the bathroom mirror until the music stops
any time you hear the breathing stare at the phone until it stops

after you do the bathroom mirror one you will hear a second baby giggle and then the controller will start shaking. dont touch anything until these are both over. then a 3rd baby will giggle and the phone rings

it worked every single time for me

There is also

Outside window across from bathroom
Inside bathroom not in mirror

Those are rare.

If you are standing in a spot she will spawn somewhere else, unless its the mirror. So you basically have some control of where she spawns.

There's also the spot on the second floor where she looks down at you from.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
The part where
you are looking through that hole and hear how the protagonist murdered his wife in the past
kinda reminds me of this particular hole in SH4. Henry could see what happened at another time, but you couldn't interact with her, since their worlds we're just loosely overlapping. If I remember correctly, these holes are getting bigger every day until they form another Halo of the Sun which connects both dimensions ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I should get some sleep now lol

silent-hill-4-the-room-20040909115253909.jpg

wait for the bell to ring and 00:00 on clock and do the 10 steps thing to trigger the first baby

then just do this:

after you do the bathroom mirror one you will hear a second baby giggle and then the controller will start shaking. dont touch anything until these are both over. then a 3rd baby will giggle and the phone rings

All you are doing is going to the main haunt sites and waiting and hoping the 2nd giggle happens. It is the same strategy we all use but it does not work on command like the 10 steps. Until you can say with 100% certainty "goto X and you WILL get giggle" we still don't have the solution. We have the mechanism of the solution but we still dont know exactly what it is.

16BitNova

then just do this:

I tried this for 2 hours earlier. And nothing. Also it's hard to tell the difference between the moaning and the breathing. Any tips?

mattp

All you are doing is going to the main haunt sites and waiting and hoping the 2nd giggle happens. It is the same strategy we all use but it does not work on command like the 10 steps. Until you can say with 100% certainty "goto X and you WILL get giggle" we still don't have the solution. We have the mechanism of the solution but we still dont know exactly what it is.

from what i can tell it only really depends on the bathroom
basically, you wait for the crying, go to the bathroom and stare at the mirror until 2nd giggle, vibrate, 3rd giggle trigger

edit: see this for proof:

from what i can tell it only really depends on the bathroom
basically, you wait for the crying, go to the bathroom and stare at the mirror until 2nd giggle, vibrate, 3rd giggle trigger

But I have gotten the 2nd giggle in many areas not just the bathroom.

We just dont know what the solution for the 2nd giggle is yet.

I am going to try a lot of methods tonight. I'll link to the stream when I start.

Yep, am stuck. Have never EXPERIENCED the end but I've seen videos.

I tried to help someone like you, someone who never had any of the usual strategies work. I spent hours in his stream nothing worked. Eventually he just started running around, got possessed, just kept moving for like 10 minutes. He was about to give up and he just stood by the phone for a while and it happened.

So like I have said before, no one really has a clue as to what makes this work. Perhaps you guys have some different variable that a lot of us dont have which makes you do something different. Who knows.

EL CUCO

But I have gotten the 2nd giggle in many areas not just the bathroom.

We just dont know what the solution for the 2nd giggle is yet.

I am going to try a lot of methods tonight. I'll link to the stream when I start.

I think its definitely related to a specific haunting and location. I got my giggles standing by the radio, after about 3 hauntings and sweet lullabies.

Coringar

I completed it with the green tint - the ending appears to be the same as when you complete it without.

My first
giggle
was in the foyer next to the I hear voices message.
My second
and third giggle were at the digital clock.

Schrade

then just do this:

Moaning = Lisa at steps, at entryway (front door) or at entrance door where you start
Crying = Lisa at entrance or in bathroom
Breathing = Lisa at entrance or at entryway (front door)

So really, the sounds can be in many places.

If you use the sound locations to head to them you will get possessed (Unless she's in the bathroom or outside the window) and that stops hauntings until you reset the room or turn around and get eaten.

Going to keep an updated log:

Haunting 1: Breathing Located in Bathroom = Lisa in bathroom (seen in mirror)
Haunting 2: Moaning/Sobbing = Lisa at entrance door (where you start)
Haunting 3: Crying = Lisa in bathroom (seen in mirror)
Haunting 4: Moaning/Sobbing = Lisa at entrance door
Haunting 5: Moaning/Sobbing = Lisa in bathroom (seen OUT of mirror and possessed me!! I was sort of halfway through the door and saw her shoulder in front of me then possession)
<Reset>
Haunting 6: Breathing = Lisa in entranceway under swinging lamp (where radio is)
Haunting 7: Moaning/Sobbing = Lisa in bathroom (seen in mirror)
Haunting 8: Moaning/Sobbing = Lisa outside the window
Haunting 9: Crying = Lisa at entrance door
<Some words appear on screen, didn't see them.. nothing related to photo pieces, but similar layout>
Haunting 10: Crying = Lisa in entranceway under swinging lamp
Haunting 11: Crying = Lisa at entrance door
Haunting 12: Missed her location
Haunting 13: Crying = Lisa at entrance door
Haunting 14: Moaning/Sobbing = Lisa in bathroom
Haunting 15: Missed her location
Haunting 16: Crying = Lisa in bathroom
Haunting 17: Crying = Lisa at stairs near garage/exit door

gdt

Alright got we got the ending, thanks for the help.

Here's what worked for me.

When it's the endless breathing, take 10 steps.

Get first giggle, walk to the bathroom, look at fetus/baby, got the second giggle, and tada.

Schrade

Alright got we got the ending, thanks for the help.

Here's what worked for me.

When it's the endless breathing, take 10 steps.

Get first giggle, walk to the bathroom, look at fetus/baby, got the second giggle, and tada.

When you say endless breathing, do you mean you got possessed by Lisa? (she runs at/through you) and there's a scream.

Moaning = Lisa at steps, at entryway (front door) or at entrance door where you start
Crying = Lisa at entrance or in bathroom
Breathing = Lisa at entrance or at entryway (front door)

So really, the sounds can be in many places.

If you use the sound locations to head to them you will get possessed (Unless she's in the bathroom or outside the window) and that stops hauntings until you reset the room or turn around and get eaten.

But you can still complete it possessed. It still involves waiting at certain spots but with no hauntings guiding you. I guess. Who knows.

cchum

Elaborate your theory. All I know is that I put my controller down many times while waiting for the second giggle, I am pretty sure I would lay it down in different ways.
I said something about gyros way earlier in the thread.
The time i got it I had it sideways on the bed. Kinda like the translated text (holding his cold hands). I'm going to go try putting the controller to my side in one hand and see if that triggers.

Will report back.

Edit: wait if you miss the ring on the second cry, it stops working? Can't get the bell now....

Edit2: game broke my tv lol deleted save tho

What I find interesting is on the radio the guy says nine eleven instead of 9-1-1 like most people say for when dialing that number. I wonder if that has any meaning.
I also noticed this. Maybe there was confusion when they were translating it and thought it was pronounced nine eleven instead of the way its meant to be said 9-1-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom