• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that swedish translation, the radio broadcast 75 years ago has to be the war of the worlds broadcast. So is the plot of the game aliens?

Yudoken

I can see this happening, actually. With MGSV coming to PC (Which I'm still mindblown about), I hope that Kojima can get Silent Hills on it as well. Even better would be to get the older Silent Hills on Steam as well. Ya know, because if Konami likes money and all...

It looks amazing and it would even look and play better on pc.
And I'm pretty sure people will get Oculus Rift working with this.
It's just a matter of time until I got an Oculus rift so I'm really hoping it's coming outfor pc, too.

Yes. Get possessed and then walk someplace and turn around sometimes :) You'll get a nice surprise.

(You hear double footsteps too while possessed)

That is one of the certain things we know. After a load at the infinite loop you will be killed if you wait around the first time you get possessed.

Dude the 2nd baby laughed while my game was paused..

Yup that happens too. The game actually never pauses, it runs in the back. Which I thought meant it was online but that is not the case. Maybe real time is important in some way.

So in your case I believe the trigger made its way to where you were standing and it triggered, even while paused.

Albert12851

Neo Member
Dude the 2nd baby laughed while my game was paused..

I have beaten the demo at least 4 times. This has happened to me TWO times, IDK why. both times I left the game on pause while I was reading something on my laptop. I wonder what really triggers that laugh. I've already spent too many hours in this demo thing, but I just want to know an official way to figure this out and why is that way.

Tried for the past hour to get past the ending but I can't figure it out. I wait by the clock, right after his hits 0:00, I walk 10 steps to the phone and get the first giggle(almost single every time). But after that I don't EVER hear a second giggle. I've tried all different combinations I've read online and nothing seems to work. Plus people keep saying look in the bathroom mirror for Lisa but i've NEVER seen her in the bathroom yet. Just in both hallways and outside the window by the phone.

You win Kojima, I give up.

cchum

I have beaten the demo at least 4 times. This has happened to me TWO times, IDK why. both times I left the game on pause while I was reading something on my laptop. I wonder what really triggers that laugh. I've already spent too many hours in this demo thing, but I just want to know an official way to figure this out and why is that way.

Ok did it again. Left character by the radio after getting the first (maybe went to the phone once). Turned off controller for a couple minutes. Turned controller back on. Maybe said one thing or breathing (ps camera un muted). Maybe caught my breathing as I was planning to put a video with talking on it next to the camera. Maybe it's breathing (sound under a certain decibel?). Went through about 2-3 hauntings.

Edit: Those of you having trouble should put the controller down and breathe a little louder than normal and report back.

SSReborn

In my run through just to add I left it paused staring at the phone during a haunting with my mic on and I was having casual conversation.

Can't get the fucking phone to ring and that youtube video is a load of bullshit, also have my mic connected
Did you try this? It worked for me on the first try.

METHOD 02

Once you enter the final loop immediately go to the digital clock and wait for it to change to 0:00. Once the bell tolls midnight, you will hear the ghostly wailing audio and breathing. Head to the old radio near the exit and inspect it by pressing (R3) then immediately move over to the telephone near the window and inspect it by pressing (R3) to trigger the first laugh from the baby.

Begin making noise (you can scream in faux terror if you like, or simply rattle the microphone) until two more baby laughs are triggered - this may take some time. The phone will start ringing and the controller will start vibrating. Answer the phone by examining it with (R3) to hear the "You have been chosen" message and the sound of an unlocking door. Exit through the Loop door to complete the teaser and view the trailer.

I am pretty sure I have beaten it in under 15 minutes before. You can fly when you know what to do, then it all comes to how lucky you are in the infinite loop.

Ryuuga

Banned
I was denying it before, but I believe the mic is necessary to complete it alongside the sound source theory. I attempted doing it without a mic and was not successful whatsoever, can anyone confirm completing it without a mic plugged in whatsoever?

Schrade

Did you try this? It worked for me on the first try.

METHOD 02

Once you enter the final loop immediately go to the digital clock and wait for it to change to 0:00. Once the bell tolls midnight, you will hear the ghostly wailing audio and breathing. Head to the old radio near the exit and inspect it by pressing (R3) then immediately move over to the telephone near the window and inspect it by pressing (R3) to trigger the first laugh from the baby.

This first part here, all you need to do is take 10 steps literally ANYWHERE and you'll get the first laugh (after the bell starts to toll)

Begin making noise (you can scream in faux terror if you like, or simply rattle the microphone) until two more baby laughs are triggered - this may take some time. The phone will start ringing and the controller will start vibrating. Answer the phone by examining it with (R3) to hear the "You have been chosen" message and the sound of an unlocking door. Exit through the Loop door to complete the teaser and view the trailer.

Guy on twitch is trying this right now: http://www.twitch.tv/TurboRotary

There's really no need to spoiler stuff btw... people have been posting theories all over the place and none of them work 100%

cchum

2nd: mic noise (this is the one that randomly triggers, especially if you have the camera)
3rd: stand still or keep controller still (I think it's controller )

Translated text again:
I though I heard a phone, and fog dwindling awareness (babel fish translation), i didn't move anymore, waiting motionless,whispered his name.
"Then his index slides in my hand" It was a cold hand / They were cold hands My body was shivering. I waited for it to pass.

How come the second person's method did not follow the method that others are trying which is stare at radio/phone/mirror, but still got the second giggle.

As we have been saying there is no set method yet. The truth is NO ONE knows how to really get the other giggle.

Niks

This was brilliant, legit screamed 2 times (shamed to say I even dropped the controller).
The swinging fridge was a nice touch (creepy levels to the max)

JaxSteel

Neo Member
I just unintentionally beat it by using the pause method. (With a mic on)

Did the 10-steps, got first giggle.
Walked around for 15 minutes trying different theories (mainly the "go to each haunting" one).
Decided to pause the game for a bit and get some ice cream, came back after about 10 minutes.
While the game was paused I put the headset back on and sighed into the microphone, second giggle instantly.
Resumed the game, controller vibrated, third giggle.

I have been trying all day today and erased my previous save to start over from scratch. This saved clocked in around 40 minutes, which is nuts because my last save was well over 3 hours on just the last puzzle alone and no second giggle.

Ryuuga

Banned

Did the 10-steps, got first giggle.
Walked around for 15 minutes trying different theories (mainly the "go to each haunting" one).
Decided to pause the game for a bit and get some ice cream, came back after about 10 minutes.
While the game was paused I put the headset back on and sighed into the microphone, second giggle instantly.
Resumed the game, controller vibrated, third giggle.

I have been trying all day today and erased my previous save to start over from scratch. This saved clocked in around 40 minutes, which is nuts because my last save was well over 3 hours on just the last puzzle alone and no second giggle.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the mic is a necessary component. Even if you're not making noise as long as the game picks up sound a designated area you'll get a giggle.

Jabba

Banned
I was denying it before, but I believe the mic is necessary to complete it alongside the sound source theory. I attempted doing it without a mic and was not successful whatsoever, can anyone confirm completing it without a mic plugged in whatsoever?

Done it twice without a mic. The last time bout 7 minutes ago with blue flashlight in about 15-18 minutes.

Miami, are you still streaming, could you link it? I only have ps4 browser.

No camera, no mic plugged into controller. Usb headset plugged in at all times but never once picked them up while playing. The only thing that worked for me was the going to the right haunting spots. Btw that 16.52 run, after the baby giggles, she's breathing, you need to be near the phone. Guess where is? Near the phone. So he triggered the second laugh through that method I used. The game doesn't pause at all. I've left to watch streams of Xaos from gaf with tempest003 from gaf proxy chatting for me. Come back, into the middle of a haunting.

cchum

Done it twice without a mic. The last time bout 7 minutes ago with blue flashlight in about 15-18 minutes.

Miami, are you still streaming, could you link it? I only have ps4 browser.

Do you have the camera by any chance ?

Well I have no idea how I keep triggering it then lol

Jabba

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/dvader6543

I just got a baby giggle WHILE BEING EATEN. Right as the screen was going to black, giggle. WTF. I was in the entrance hall way.

Ty for link Miami. Gonna watch a bit.

Miami it's because you're in the right haunting spot. Read the picture.
Can you see me? Can you hear my voice?
Can you read this sign?
I'll wait forever, if you'll just come to me.

That's the 2nd giggle,you've had while possesed. The phone isn't ringing though.

Part of what makes PT so fucking terrifying is how it brilliantly subverts the players expectations of the familiar.

By containing the game to pretty much one hallway, and by using the looping mechanic to make you 'start over' each time, the player becomes very familiar with the space, and will thus have expectations for what they will see each time. So when something changes, or is amiss, it is doubly terrifying because we know what we should be seeing, but it is warped and twisted.

Every time I turn that corner I'm fucking terrified, because I have a mental image of what to expect down the hallway that I can't help but be twice as scared when what I see (or hear) doesn't match up to what I expected.

And by slowly ramping up the scares over repeated loops, rather than having shit hit the fan from the offset, the game carefully ramps up the tension while also lulling the player into a false sense of security.

Z3M0G

Finally fucking got it. But I dont feel I did anything new, however this time I am wearing my headset with mic enabled since my GF is sleeping. I guess im now convinced that the mic certainly raises your odds, since I tried so mich without it. Edit: I never spoke into the mic. But it may have picked up white noise from itself or something.

10 steps for first laugh of course.

Then I got a haunting which was clearly her loud crying in the bathroom. I went there and watched her in the mirror and glanced at the fetus until the haunt stopped. I waited there staring at the mirror (no R3) for the next haunt...

Haunt 2 sounded like crying again but it wasnt loud. And she didnt spawn behind me. But since it was the crying I stayed in he bathroom. Staring at the mirror. No R3.

Haunt 3 starts and she spawns right on top of me... crying for the 3rd time in a row. Once the haunt stopped I looked down at the fetus and left the camera staring at it. No R3.

As soon as haunt 4 started, I got the second laungh (FINALLY). The haunt this time wasnt the crying one and she spawned some where else. I got the rumble and the 3rd laugh before the 4th haunt even ended.

So glad it is over. Now I can just replay and enjoy it. Will likely marathon all the silent hill games too. 2016 is a long time to wait...

Tried chasing Lisa for an hour without result then decided to get possessed and just stand before the mirror for like ten minutes with no progress. I then finally plugged in the microphone and made some noise and within thirty seconds I got the second giggle then the ringing.

For me the noise from the microphone clearly triggered it.

cchum

Tried chasing Lisa for an hour without result then decided to get possessed and just stand before the mirror for like ten minutes with no progress. I then finally plugged in the microphone and made some noise and within thirty seconds I got the second giggle then the ringing.

For me the noise from the microphone clearly triggered it.

I'm convinced it's both. Movement and sound. The game also conditions you to walk forward and be quiet, so breaking the routine in this case is a cool subversion.

Edit:I've been most successful starting from phone, doing the 10 step and then posting up by the radio. I'll do another run through and post my results.

I strongly believe Kojima intentionally used some next level RNG shit in this demo. No one will figure it out perfectly; as he intentionally used many variables to screw with you.

I wouldn't be surprised if elements are being changed on a whim on a daily basis; or having it scheduled. Suddenly a few days later and small elements will be different.

Jabba

Banned
The method I used isn't working now. So forgot my yammering earlier. Nvm. I quit in the middle of a new game. Not even in loop yet. I'm in a weird loop where game won't progrees and no writing on the walls.

mctelinde

Neo Member
Followed this Reddit post and got it, finally:
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2dj4he/pt_demo_how_to_unlock_last_cutscene/

I'm not sure if it's different for other player's games, but this was the clear solution for mine. The most important thing was to be pretty noisy into the microphone right after the first baby giggle (after taking 10 steps). After being noisy and acting like I was frightened, I got a second baby giggle and immediately walked towards the phone. My controller started vibrating, but I made sure not to touch any controls while it was vibrating, because I got a vibration before and once I touched the left analog stick the vibration stopped and canceled the final trigger.

Finally, after the vibration stopped the third baby giggle hit and I picked up the phone, heard the creepy voice telling me I've been chosen and heard the door unlock.

What I thought I'd been hearing was that people actually walked out the front door to begin the trailer, but I actually had to walk down into the basement door to trigger the trailer.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Went to my brother's to play this tonight. He knew nothing about P.T.

Fun watching him scream and grab his chest at all the same moments. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the second baby giggle to trigger. Which is strange, because I could do it every time on my machine at home. Had to show him the ending on youtube...

The final puzzle kind of turned him off to the whole experience. I think it is proving a little too cryptic to be any fun for individuals who aren't solving this as part of a community.

Z3M0G

Fun watching him scream and grab his chest at all the same moments. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the second baby giggle to trigger. Which is strange, because I could do it every time on my machine at home. Had to show him the ending on youtube...

The final puzzle kind of turned him off to the whole experience. I think it is proving a little too cryptic to be any fun for individuals who aren't solving this as part of a community.

Not surprised at all by this... kinda offers proof that there are external factors that govern who may be easily "chosen" or not.

Did you use a mic at home, and no mic at your friends house?? What are your confirmed steps at home?

Holy shit finally. I had been trying for an hour with no luck for that second giggle. I had lost my mic but since I had the damn time, I was able to go find it. I paused the game, blew into the microphone, unpaused the game while blowing into it, then blew a couple more times quickly.

Got the second giggle. Kept still, got the third. Kept still till that phone rang.

As for my thoughts on this game, FUCK THIS GAME. Also, it was amazing. I can do nothing but cuss at it though because it scared the SHIT out of me. I wanted to turn it off. I seriously started walking facing the floor and looking away from my tv because I was so scared. I've never been that scared from any sort of media. I still feel like I may have a heart attack at any minute and I'm not even playing the game anymore. Fuck.

Schrade

I've been trying for days and still no luck :p Nothing works. I even deleted my first save and redid it and still am having no luck. It is frustrating indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom