• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pac Man Championship Edition DX+ is out Sept. 25th

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Insta-bought, I played CE for like a zillion hours. One of the only games I ever bothered to get 100% of the achievements for.

Never played DX though, what did that add?

CE on 3DS is fucking CRACK.

I'm buying Museum when it hits 3DS AND Wii U when it comes out, I do hope it comes with CE DX and even DX+.

Wish we knew the additional content in the 3DS and Wii U versions aside from the original Pac-Man, CE, and Battle Royale.

Ironically, I believe they confirmed CE is NOT in the PS360 versions of Museum. Also Museum is a download game.

TheOGB

Banned
Aww yiss, now just gimme dat Battle Royale

ss_0a249e01b26219a31ad5e53e35b8f0bf6d92c59e.1920x1080.jpg

that background legitimately scares me
fuck, why is the dude on the left just staring at me D:

Killer! I had no idea this content for DX was coming, and no idea Battle Royale would be available for consoles. Will buy all of it. Fucking sweet. The only OT I've ever made was for DX. Maybe I should bump and update when this content hits.

Vs would work with the Wii U pad and on PS4 w/ Vitas ... but there's no way Namco would be good enough to release it that way....

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Any word on a WP8 release? Love the game to bits and I'd love for a complete edition to come out on it. Current version is missing content that was in the original XBLA release even.

Oh sweet, Deluxe+ is indeed announced for WP8. Love me some CEDX on the go. Apparently Namco released a WP8 version of the original that had all the XBLA content too. Wtf.

Killer! I had no idea this content for DX was coming, and no idea Battle Royale would be available for consoles. Will buy all of it. Fucking sweet. The only OT I've ever made was for DX. Maybe I should bump and update when this content hits.

Vs would work with the Wii U pad and on PS4 w/ Vitas ... but there's no way Namco would be good enough to release it that way....

Preeeeetty sure Vs is owned by Nintendo.

Miyamoto designed the game himself, before even showing it to Pac-Man's creator.

mollipen

From my last conversation with Namco Bandai, the main portion of content in DX+ will be free to those who already own the game, and then you'll be able to buy DLC skins.

So, unless that's changes, that's how it should be working.

Cartman86

Banned
Forget New Adventures. Why didn't Namco release CE or DX as Pac Man 2 and advertise it a bit. Sadly it was slightly ahead of smart phones but release it in every platform and maybe I'm crazy but I think the average person has a huge soft spot for Pac Man and a named sequel might have been a bigger deal. Especially since CE was actually the only other game designed by the creator.

Man, I wish this was on the 3DS.

Judging from this: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...MUSEUM_ANDPACMAN_CHAMPIONSHIP_EDITION_DX_.php

maybe so?

Battle Royale is being bundled with Museum...so Winter 2013 is the proper time-frame, judging from the press release.

Also, think Bamco's done supporting Wii-U for a bit

You can get the original (and superior) Championship Edition via the Pac-Man/Galaga 3D two pack.

For Whatever reason Scamco doesn't want to give the latest version(DX nor DX+)to Nintendo hardware owners which seems really odd since they must love making money. They seem really close to Nintendo as well since they make the Mario Kart Arcade games for Nintendo and are helping produce the next Smash Bros.

I already own DX for PS3, but my next version will definitely be the Steam DX+ version. I would triple dip for Gamepad only play if they ever decided to release on the Wii U though. Battle Royale has me intrigued as well so I may get that for Wii U and Steam as well.

KJA

I've been wanting to play this game for the longest time but I've been waiting for a proper PC release (none of that Windows 8 BS).

Might have to buy this at normal release prices. Since there's a legit PC version now, it should only take a couple weeks for some interns to get that code up and running on anything it hasn't been released on already, right?

I just saw this pop up on Steam and Sqeeee'd like a school girl..... I realize this has also been available on the Windows 8 Metro store thingy, which I do not have since I am still happily using Windows 7 Ultimate.... but seeing this show up on Steam made my day.

The original Pac-Man CE and Deluxe are up there as some of my favorite games of all time. The original Pac-Man CE was one of the deciding factors in why I bought an XBox 360 years ago, and I have also invested countless countless countless... hours in it on my iPhone as well. DX was everything I loved about the first one with just more features.

For anyone interested in the PC release, you might want to wait for this: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/pac-man-museum-collection-coming-to-digital-platforms-includes/

You know, since it's going to include the original CE as well as CE DX.

I will gladly triple dip on the first Pac-Man CE, if I can get it for my PC.

It had better come out on the Vita as well, it would look insane on the OLED display and the Vita's d-pad is awesome.
Pac-Man Museum is a compilation of Pac-Man games coming to Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360), PlayStation Network (PS3), Nintendo eShop (3DS & Wii U), and Steam (Windows PC)

You would think Sony is trying to get it as a cross buy.

Pac-Man Museum is a compilation of Pac-Man games coming to Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox 360), PlayStation Network (PS3), Nintendo eShop (3DS & Wii U), and Steam (Windows PC)

You would think Sony is trying to get it as a cross buy.

That would seem logical, I would buy that instantly.

Cheddahz

Banned
Off topic. but the Pac-Man 3D Platformer coming out in October looks quite fun

This version of Pac-Man is amazing though, might buy it, but Rayman Legends comes out the same week...

Just moved up on dungeon ( set on 10 mins) from number 74 overall to number 53. :) shooting for number 1, but I dunno.. that's pretty far off. :D

elry09

Neo Member
The new stuff bums me out a bit. Its lacking in content on the mazes, just five minute runs and then the time trail stuff. How did the big eater level not have the ghost combo game mode?

Timeless

Someone smart should figure out how to reverse-engineer these mazes and make custom ones.

Once I get this game (probably in a Steam sale), I'll look into it. However, my hacking skills are absolute garbage. Basically zero.

Divus

Try the steam demo before you buy. Game stutters badly with constant massive FPS drops every couple seconds.

I have a beefy PC and quite a few others on there forums are reporting the same issue. Actually seems to run better the worse rig you have.

Mindlog

Please read before purchasing the PC port.
Cross post from the community thread.
The biggest thing that makes me think this was based on a mobile version is the assets, the game looks blurry at 1920x1200 with black bars at top and bottom of the screen.
Click for fullsize images.

In the second screenshot you can see at the top next to the high score a pause button that is clickable, and at the bottom a gear which opens a settings screen when clicked.
In that menu there is an option labelled "Display Controller". It reduces the size of the screen to show virtual directional buttons and a bomb button for those who play the game by using mouse or touch.

In the control settings there is an option labelled touch/mouse operation which uses this display setting. Even the main menu looks somewhat like it was designed for touch. I wouldn't be too surprised if this version of the game appeared on the Windows 8 App Store with some sort of XBL integration for achievements.

The black bars are present in all of my screenshots because in game there is no resolution option, only a toggle for fullscreen.
Aerocrane also posted pics so click through to the post to see them. Thank you Aerocrane for giving us the heads up with pics.
_____
That's a damn shame about the PC Port. I hadn't double dipped yet, but was planning on it. I'll probably hold off for now, but (unfortunately?) I will still pick it up at some point. It's definitely going to be one of the first games I use to test out the Steam Controller.

Dario ff

Banned
I can't get the medals that need sharing to Facebook. It just doesn't work for anyone I've asked so far, it only gives an error message... so I can't unlock the classic skin either. Why is this even locked behind such a pointless task is beyond me tho.

i didn't like CE on XBLA nearly as much as i loved DX on PSN...this could be another GOTY contender for me
I know that this is an old post, but I don't get it. Is there some kind of difference between XBLA and PSN versions of two significantly different versions of the core game? (Just as weirdly-worded statement, is all.)

Anyway, picked up the DX+ DLC all-in-one pack for vanilla DX updated to DX+ (which means a new front end, upfront friends/leaderboard comparison on title screen and...DLC to sell) on XBLA. Pricey for what it is, honestly, but It's a nice set of new ways to play the old game. Really like the Dig Dug skin and Dungeon and Mountain courses so far. Not seeing anything essential, but it's more variations for CE and DX junkies.

Nokterian

Well got the whole package with all the dlc for 6 euro 50 on GMG. Yeah not the best port but for that money i don't mind. Pretty addicting and great music.

Aerocrane

That's a damn shame about the PC Port. I hadn't double dipped yet, but was planning on it. I'll probably hold off for now, but (unfortunately?) I will still pick it up at some point. It's definitely going to be one of the first games I use to test out the Steam Controller.

Thanks for cross posting my findings from the other thread. To you and everyone else who is considering buying the PC version anyway, please do try the demo first. There are lots of people on the Steam forums complaining about poor performance and crashes. Looking at the Steam Database entry for the game, it seems that there is an update coming which will hopefully help with these issues.

IrishNinja

really disappointing stuff here, especially regarding the PC version

I know that this is an old post, but I don't get it. Is there some kind of difference between XBLA and PSN versions of two significantly different versions of the core game? (Just as weirdly-worded statement, is all.)

ah, just meant that i fancied DX way more than CE overall

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I bought it as soon as it went up. I've only played the standard Championship Edition before, so can't wait to see all the improvements made for this and DX.

There are no "improvements" going from CE to DX. It's a different game mechanic altogether which is neat, although I vastly prefer CE.

big_z

I updated my copy a few days ago, started it and noticed everything was pay to unlock and didn't add any achievements like they originally stated. i'd be fine dropping a few dollars for all the new stuff, maybe up to $5 if it had new achievements but fuck paying $1-3 for each piece of content.

Aerocrane

Patch incoming for the Steam version.

1. Show full game AppID store page in demo version.
2. Change channel mapping to 2 channels, disabled check for default audio change every 1 second which may cause audio problems on some audio cards.
3. Fixed a bug that game crashes after updating scores of Highway II and return back to Game Modes Select page.
4. Fixed a bug that game display wrong ranking (always S) in Game Modes Select page.
5. Add Leaderboards for DLC courses in 'Game Mode Total'.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/236450/announcements/detail/1729671232700392699

Top Bottom