• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 31, 2014

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So what kind of crazy 3DS deal has been happening in France?

Foshy

55% drop for TLoU is pretty good. It did like 68-69k first week so it's already around 100k in the UK alone now.

kadotsu

Banned
Weird that only FIFA seems to be selling better on XB1. But that far down the chart the numbers are probably small enough for a few hundred purchases to make a difference.

55% drop for TLoU is pretty good. It did like 68-69k first week so it's already around 100k in the UK alone now.

Yeah that's not bad. Great to see the PS3 version back high up there too

Also, they released another Street Fighter?! Who knew?! Is the PS3 version better than the 360/exclusive content? There's a big discrepancy in positions.

Foshy

Weird that only FIFA seems to be selling better on XB1. But that far down the chart the numbers are probably small enough for a few hundred purchases to make a difference.

I guess that's because of bundles, too. There are a lot of different ones for PS4 so it's probably more evenly spread out between the games. Also, the world cup is over and FIFA 15 is coming soon so interest in the game is probably down overall.

onQ123

Yeah that's not bad. Great to see the PS3 version back high up there too

Also, they released another Street Fighter?! Who knew?! Is the PS3 version better than the 360/exclusive content? There's a big discrepancy in positions.

xbox360s8302010rumor530p.jpg

Mokubba

The Last Of Us Remastered dominating everywhere then.

According to Amazon UK the PS3 version of TLOU is currently the 2nd best selling game. (Ignoring FIFA / Destiny pre-orders) I wonder if it will make an appearance on the official chart tomorrow?

I predicted for this to happen last week after seeing the PS3 version high on the Amazon charts but it didn't happen so it's surprising it's happened this week instead.

Word of mouth must be great.

TLOU has to be around 8 million by now.

Easily, If it's done 100K alone in the UK, plus the PS3 version still selling, it must be there by now.

Is forza bundled as well? Noticed FIFA and forza began to rise as titanfall fell.

At GAME there's lots of Forza and CoD bundles. Also they have Titanfall bundles again that they've put together themselves as opposed to the MS official ones now those have dried up. Would explain the former 2s shifting up the charts a little.

Also interestingly they have Destiny XBone bundles that are cheaper than the PS4 ones.

p3tran

Banned
Germany XBox/Microsoft Situation:

There are many reasons why Microsoft is in the gutter here in Germany. Long-term and Short-term.

Short-term XBox and Microsoft issues:
- Privacy and Spying issues. This is HUGE here in Germany. Microsoft lost the generation in Germany on the 7th of June 2013: http://pics.computerbase.de/5/0/0/5/5/1_m.jpg PRISM NSA - Scandal, mere Days (4) before E3 2013
Who was the first IT Giant, that signed up for Prism? MICROSOFT. Who is absent from that list? Sony!
At that moment, Xbox One with mandatory Kinect was the SPY-CONSOLE here in Germany.
- The TV-deals and NFL Focus (America F*** Yeah! stance) are not particulary well liked. The expactation to get this TV-Deals in a timely manner was nonexistant. All the All-in-one Setteop-Box Nonsense has no impact in the germany TV market.

Longterm XBox and Microsoft issues:
- betrayal of the PC-Gaming Market. The other huge issue that we have with Microsoft. You guys might have heard, that we germans love PC-Gaming. Microsoft was one of the big PC-Gaming Publishers that had a great standing in Germany. Especially with well liked Genres like Flight/Space Sims, Strategy and Mecha.
Starlancer, Freelancer, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Mech Commander, Age of Empires, etc. etc. All well loved. And Microsoft burned these bridges.
We couldnt wrap our heads around the notion, that a PC-centric IT-Giant created their own opponent with the XBox Division.
They raised a youth who never learned to use Windows jackiechanmeme.jpg Why would you do that?
They should have made all their exclusives Crossbuy/crossplay from the beginning. So that the XBox Division was not an opponent to the Windows Division and you dont burn bridges with your Windows followers. The consensus here and in the us seems to be, that PC gaming is not for them and the majority would never play with KB/M. Then Microsoft should have had no fears of undermining their console-sales.

Personally, I boycotted the Xbox when Halo was announced as an XBox Exclusive. And microsoft Gaming Studios is now nonexistant in the PC Sector. RIP Freelancer and Mech Commander Series.
(Still use Windows and Office)

now, I dont want to burst your bubble, cause hell, I'm probably more concerned with privacy than you are, but you have to put things in perspective here...

you post this pic
1_m.jpg

and you go on about how xbox is the spybox while you love windows, games, etc.

well, the thing you are missing here is this:

Microsoft is there at number one place, not because of the console and whatever policies you may believe, but because microsoft is the producer of the world's most widespread computer operating system. yes, you guessed it, its there first on the list because of ..windows, not xbox ;)

and Sony, its not on that list simply because they dont have a widely used operating system for pc computers or a humongous social network gig, not because what you may think.

dolemite

Who was the first IT Giant, that signed up for Prism? MICROSOFT. Who is absent from that list? Sony!

NSA is a US government agency and every member of the prism is a US-based company. Sony is absent because it is a Japanese company.

p3tran

Banned
NSA is a US government agency and every member of the prism is a US-based company. Sony is absent because it is a Japanese company.

I am willing to bet that if sony was the creator of windows, facebook or equivalent, it would make the list pronto.

Bundy

Banned
and Sony, its not on that list simply because they dont have a widely used operating system for pc computers or a humongous social network gig, not because what you may think.
Sony is not on the list, because they aren't an american company.
So the US government can't force shit on them ;)
I am willing to bet that if sony was the creator of windows, facebook or equivalent, it would make the list pronto.
Uhm.... would be funny as hell.
NSA: "Hello japan / japanese company, please give us all the data we need from your customers"
Sony / Japanese company: "lmao....."

p3tran

Banned
oh I see... well, maybe you are right and global spy-thing would not exist at all if only it was a non-american company with the os's...

anyway, back to topic

Kyougar

This has nothing to do with Windows. We know that Microsoft could do xyz with Windows. Hell, "XPantispy" was on EVERY pc Mgazine Disk for months after launch of Windows XP.

It was the Mindset 3 DAYS BEFORE E3, that Microsoft was the first to sign PRISM and want to spy with Kinect. (the narrative changed, depending on how respected the new outlet was, but most of them had a negative stance regarding the XBOX One. The NSA Scandal is STILL in the news as of today! Even if the latest findings (listening in to our Chancellors cellphone, Spys in our Defense-Ministry) have nothing to do with Xbox or Microsoft, you can most of the times find some comments or whole pages of opinions that are related to Xbox ("thats why I dont buy an Xbox" for example of a comment).

It took years for Microsoft to get the XP-Spy scare out of the peoples mindset here. (even if it was reasonable for the years AFTER XP ^^ See Prism date.) The thing is: We need PC´s for our daily activitys:
And the Xbox Spy-Scare is directed at the kinect sensor. Not something, that is widely used in PC´s, even Webcams are scarce.

p3tran

Banned
you know Kyougar, us cats should have a conversation about that in the proper topic. :)
but no matter how you look at it, windows is the reason ms is on that list, and not xbox.

anyways, I am very concerned with my privacy, and I came to the conclusion that buying xbox day 1 with kinect detached unless I want to use it, it was satisfying enough for my privacy at that time.
now there is even the kinect-less option.

I totally understand what you mean about public opinion though etc. the timing that the news broke out was p-e-r-f-e-c-t :D

Kayant

you know Kyougar, us cats should have a conversation about that in the proper topic. :)
but no matter how you look at it, windows is the reason ms is on that list, and not xbox.

anyways, I am very concerned with my privacy, and I came to the conclusion that buying xbox day 1 with kinect detached unless I want to use it, it was satisfying enough for my privacy at that time.

I totally understand what you mean about public opinion though etc. the timing that the news broke out was p-e-r-f-e-c-t :D

Well there is this - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-warcraft-second-life

OT - Not surprising WD XB1 is out this week it was hanging on thin last week. Forza 5 went up a lot this week which is probably due to bundles.

Kyougar

well originally, I wanted to post something like that in the german sales thread, but it was dead after 1 day :( (I am not active enough for that kind of threads....)
And Pal charts is the next big thing.

Back to topic, was there a new biug release this week or next week?

Top Bottom