• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 43, 2010 - We Have Actual Sales Numbers!

Dennis

Banned
Good show for MoH and New Vegas.

They have both caught a lot of flak, especially MoH, but they both deserve great success.

I am sad that Fable 3 made number 1. Dumbed-down RPGs is not my thing.

Road

Last 5 months total software sales in the UK:

360 - 5.4 million
PS3 - 3.3 million (missing one month, actually, should be well over 3.5 million)
WII - 3.0 million

Perspective: Just Dance 2 sold 58k this week alone. Just Dance sold less than 39k in the entire 5 weeks of September.

Psychotext said:
As much as I liked the sales awards, I'd take these instead (assuming we keep getting them).
The awards are just as valuable though, considering how much many games sell outside the top 10, plus they are for individual formats. But I'm taking anything. haha

The latest Guitar Hero opened between 9k and 14k, by the way, it's my guess.

BishopLamont said:
Wii software sales look pretty much the same as it did in 2008 on the same week, maybe slightly less, its the DS sales that has dropped.

Really? I'd have to go back to check, but I thought 2010 looked pretty shabby all round for Wii software (outside of Nintendo's main titles and a couple of big hitters).

Interfectum

DennisK4 said:
Good show for MoH and New Vegas.

They have both caught a lot of flak, especially MoH, but they both deserve great success.

I am sad that Fable 3 made number 1. Dumbed-down RPGs is not my thing.

FrankT

Road said:
Last 5 months total software sales in the UK:

360 - 5.4 million
PS3 - 3.3 million (missing one month, actually, should be well over 3.5 million)
WII - 3.0 million

Perspective: Just Dance 2 sold 58k this week alone. Just Dance sold less than 39k in the entire 5 weeks of September.

The awards are just as valuable though, considering how much many games sell outside the top 10, plus they are for individual formats. But I'm taking anything. haha

The latest Guitar Hero opened between 9k and 14k, by the way, it's my guess.

360 am beast confirmed. Would be nice if we had some perspective compared to last year with these.

Interfectum said:

We'll just let ME2 slide. Actually not, tied for my GOTY and I can certainly say that is a clear weak point in the game versus ME1.

Xater

Dascu said:
Terrible debut for Castlevania.

It's not the games debut. It's been out for a while and returned to the charts.

RB3 numbers are terrible indeed. It seems to be a great game but that is what happens when so much of this stuff floods the market (I am not just talking RB here but music game sin general). I personally stopped caring by RB2 took the mainstream just one iteration more.

miladesn said:
Vanquish is out of the chart, ~10k it is then, way to go Sega.

A great Sega title does not sell well? What a shock!

Dascu

slaughterking said:
This is actually a comeback after the usual UK price collapse. :lol
The actual debut was not considerably better, though.
Oohh. I thought it launched earlier, but seeing how it didn't chart last week, I thought I was mistaken.

Road

miladesn said:
Vanquish is out of the chart, ~10k it is then, way to go Sega.
Vanquish is #29 on the all-formats, a little below RB3, which means between 4k and 7k this week.

El-Suave

Was the plastic instrument music game genre that popular in Europe to begin with? Rock Band in particular never seemed to be very popular here, a lot of that can be blamed on Harmonix/MTV/EA themselves I guess.

It's strange that we're the continent where SingStar and Just Dance got their big breaks but the Guitar games failed to really catch on.
Anyway, the real test for Rock Band 3 will be the NPD report, although these indicators aren't encouraging.

Mafro

El-Suave said:
Was the plastic instrument music game genre that popular in Europe to begin with? Rock Band in particular never seemed to be very popular here, a lot of that can be blamed on Harmonix/MTV/EA themselves I guess.
Guitar Hero was pretty big in the UK.

EA fucked up with releasing the first Rock Band game, so that set the precedent.

Interfectum

Rock Band 3 is an awesome game. It's a shame that both EA and Activision had to destroy the music genre before this game could come out. :\

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Interfectum said:
Rock Band 3 is an awesome game. It's a shame that both EA and Activision had to destroy the music genre before this game could come out. :\

Agreed.

Stink

Prine said:
Whats even more surprising is that it opened higher than Fable 2. There was no hype for the game...in contrast to its predecessor.

This is incredibly wrong. I saw several prime time TV adverts for Fable 3. Easily as many as I have seen for any game.

Stink said:
This is incredibly wrong. I saw several prime time TV adverts for Fable 3. Easily as many as I have seen for any game.

Yeah, I don't know how it was in the UK but the game was all over the place on US TV.

Stink

BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah, I don't know how it was in the UK but the game was all over the place on US TV.
Yep, I'm in the UK. Pretty much the only non-casual ad I've seen.

Garjon

GarthVaderUK said:
Exactly the sales that MTV/EA deserve - that's what happens when you fuck up the launch of your product several years in a row. Harsh for Harmonix though.

I'm not surprised by the poor sales of Vanquish though; so many wrong decisions were made in regard to maximising sales potential with this game. Sending it out with no marketing doesn't help either.

dolemite

53 to 42% split for the Force Unleashed II in the 360 favor.
And I can't believe that UKIE pulled the numbers down, fcukers. Why publish them in the first place then?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Harmonix could be in for a bit of a downsizing if the game fails to perform in the US too.
I wonder how profitable DLC is though? Can't be huge margins after licensing, authoring and PSN, XBL cuts.
This could be the last disc release for the series.

Only thing saving Harmonix now is the imminent release of Dance Central.
Dancing games are the new rhythm games from 3 years ago.

Prine

Banned
Stink said:

If this is true i just stumbled upon a terrible truth, you watch X factor and strictly come dancing :eek:

dolemite said:
And I can't believe that UKIE pulled the numbers down, fcukers. Why publish them in the first place then?

EA might have had a word or two. Or it could have been cjelly again.

Road

UK Top 40 with numbers. A brief courtesy of Ukie and Chart-Track. =P

01 (__) 360 Fable Iii (Microsoft) - 129.000
02 (03) WII Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft) - 58.000
03 (02) NDS Professor Layton And The Lost Future (Nintendo) - 45.000
04 (01) 360 Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda Softworks) - 41.000
05 (07) 360 Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts) - 36.000
06 (__) 360 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ii (Lucasarts) - 30.000
07 (04) 360 Medal Of Honor (Electronic Arts) - 26.000
08 (08) PS3 Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts) - 25.000
09 (09) WII Wii Party (Nintendo) - -
10 (05) PS3 Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda Softworks) - 24.000
11 (__) PS3 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ii (Lucasarts) - 24.000
12 (__) 360 Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 (Thq) - 22.000
13 (06) PS3 Medal Of Honor (Electronic Arts) - 22.000
14 (10) WII Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - -
15 (__) PS3 Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 (Thq) - 21.000
16 (13) PS3 Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami) - 16.000
17 (27) WII New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - -
18 (__) PC The Sims 3: Late Night (Electronic Arts) - 13.000
19 (26) 360 Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft) - -
20 (__) 360 The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts) - 13.000
21 (12) 360 Halo: Reach (Microsoft) - -
22 (19) WII Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - -
23 (17) WII Just Dance (Ubisoft) - -
24 (__) PS3 The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts) - 9.000
25 (18) NDS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - -
26 (22) 360 Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami) - 7.000
27 (16) 360 F1 2010 (Codemasters) - -
28 (15) PS3 F1 2010 (Codemasters) - -
29 (__) PS3 Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow (Konami) - -
30 (36) 360 Red Dead Redemption (Take 2) - -
31 (__) 360 Rock Band 3 (Electronic Arts) - 5.000
32 (40) PS3 Red Dead Redemption (Take 2) - -
33 (34) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - -
34 (30) WII Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) - -
35 (25) WII Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo) - -
36 (14) 360 Dead Rising 2 (Capcom) - -
37 (11) PC Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda Softworks) - 5.000
38 (29) WII Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts) - 5.000
39 (28) PS3 Sports Champions (Sony Computer Ent.) - -
40 (__) 360 Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow (Konami) - -

Shiggy

navanman said:
Only thing saving Harmonix now is the imminent release of Dance Central.
Dancing games are the new rhythm games from 3 years ago.

Don't say this! Otherwise Rare will start a dancing game which they'll cancel after three years because the market is saturated.

Stink

Prine said:
If this is true i just stumbled upon a terrible truth, you watch X factor and strictly come dancing :eek:

Not even Microsoft could get adverts on during strictly come dancing :p

Shiggy said:
Don't say this! Otherwise Rare will start a dancing game which they'll cancel after three years because the market is saturated.

Hang on - are you saying Rare had their own rhythm game in development? Are Microsoft just turning them into a bandwagon-jumping dev house now?

szaromir

Banned
dolemite said:
They probably did that without consulting with GFK/CT and now they were asked to remove them. Which sucks.

Top Bottom