• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 43, 2010 - We Have Actual Sales Numbers!

ymmv

Banned
Sean said:
Wonder how long Bizzare Creations has left now, second flop they released this year for Activision.

#31 - 007: BLOOD STONE (PS3)
#33 - 007: BLOOD STONE (360)

I actually didn't know there was another James Bond game coming out besides Golden Eye for the Wii. The game was announced in July, only three months before the release date and it didn't get *any* publicity. Activision clearly didn't have any faith in the game and sent it out to die. *BAD* sign.

ymmv said:
I actually didn't know there was another James Bond game coming out besides Golden Eye for the Wii. The game was announced in July, only three months before the release date and it didn't get *any* publicity. Activision clearly didn't have any faith in the game and sent it out to die. *BAD* sign.

I knew bugger all about it too. Looked at the reviews today, game sounds mediocre.
It got 5/10 from both Eurogamer and IGN.

I'm worried about Bizarre!

ymmv

Banned
GarthVaderUK said:
I knew bugger all about it too. Looked at the reviews today, game sounds mediocre.
It got 5/10 from both Eurogamer and IGN.

I'm worried about Bizarre!

# James Bond 007 - Blood Stone - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC (2010) MC: 63
# Blur - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC (2010) MC: 81
# Geometry Wars: Touch - iOS4 (via iTunes App Store) (2010)
# Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 — Xbox Live Arcade (2008)
# The Club — Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC (2008) MC: 76
# Geometry Wars: Galaxies - Nintendo DS, Wii (2007)
# Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360 (2007) MC: 85

I don't know about the Geometry Wars games, but PGR4, The Club, Blur and 007: Blood Stone have sold poorly. Most of their games got good reviews though, so part of the blame lies with the publishers who didn't know how to market a good game. But Blood Stone doesn't even have that excuse. If I were working at Bizarre Creations, I'd be worried too.

Monty Mole said:
It really isn't. It's Goldeneye ffs. Also been backed up by a massive TV advertising campaign here in the UK, also showing people playing it on the "Classic" controller to try and hook in the core.

Its been on my TV more than Kinect and Playstation Move. Its getting a huge push and those sales don't really reflect that.

Roxas said:
Doesnt help when these idiot pubs send the game out to die 4 days before the biggest game of the generation is released.

Goldeneye was definitely not "sent to die" and COD is an irrelevance on Wii. The game got every chance at success, Wii consumers just didn't step up to the plate again, we'll see how it fares in later weeks.

supermackem said:
Go go fm11, need to buy this first time i havent had it day one ever.

Those sales are insane considering they don't include DD sales which could easily account for as much as half of the game's sales, it was competitively priced on DD stores this time (£30 + a bunch of Mega Drive games + preload) as well.

Edit: I forgot the last Football Manager game came with Steamworks, so that means all the traditional fans of the series would have been exposed to that offer on Steam, which probably means the percentage of sales that came from Steam are even higher than they are for most games, which makes it even more impressive.

Football Manager is SEGA's most valuable IP these days imo. Buying SI is the smartest move they've made in at least a decade. Euro PC devs saving SEGA's ass, who would have ever expected that back in the day? :lol

I know they've worked on a baseball management sim but have SI ever tackled American Football? Seems like a potential goldmine if they can nail it like they do with Football Manager.

Rad- said:
The clock is ticking for Bizarre. Should have stayed with PGR tbh.

I guess you forgot just how badly PGR4 bombed? Their last 3 games have all been a complete disaster and that includes PGR4. Others are right, its got to be squeeky bum time over there right now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
brain_stew said:
I guess you forgot just how badly PGR4 bombed? Their last 3 games have all been a complete disaster and that includes PGR4. Others are right, its got to be squeeky bum time over there right now.
Four actually, unless The Club did well.

spwolf

brain_stew said:
Those sales are insane considering they don't include DD sales which could easily account for as much as half of the game's sales, it was competitively priced on DD stores this time (£30 + a bunch of Mega Drive games + preload) as well.

Edit: I forgot the last Football Manager game came with Steamworks, so that means all the traditional fans of the series would have been exposed to that offer on Steam, which probably means the percentage of sales that came from Steam are even higher than they are for most games, which makes it even more impressive.

Football Manager is SEGA's most valuable IP these days imo. Buying SI is the smartest move they've made in at least a decade. Euro PC devs saving SEGA's ass, who would have ever expected that back in the day? :lol

I know they've worked on a baseball management sim but have SI ever tackled American Football? Seems like a potential goldmine if they can nail it like they do with Football Manager.

they are now focused on FM and FML

Top Bottom