• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2010

onken

Ashes1396 said:
Looks like someone here knows their sport history.
quick question: Why do you think American football is called American 'football'? is it cause I hear people calling rugby, football, as well?
http://www.rfu.com/
http://www.therfl.co.uk/

:lol

What did you think the 'f' in rfu and the 'f' in rfl stood for? or do you not watch rugby?
I don't like the use of 'soccer' myself but come on... :lol

lol I am aware it is called "rugby football" but when you have another game that is completely different to it that's already called "football", which is the logical choice out of the two?

Augemitbutter said:
Amerigoball.

This is a good one too.

Ashes

Banned
onken said:
lol I am aware it is called "rugby football" but when you have another game that is completely different to it that's already called "football", which is the logical choice out of the two?

This is a good one too.

Gridiron? :p

American Football is named logically enough, it's an american form of Rubgy Football. And Soccer is fully a legitimate name for Association Football. I'm willing to bet that there are enough people in america who know that soccer is also known as Football around the world.

jrricky

Banned
Kittonwy said:
What would we call football if we call soccer football?
Indifferent2.gif
handball...

Corto

So nice to see Gran Turismo taking over Europe! :D Vrooom Vroommmm The first time in a long time I bought a game in a physical store instead of importing from UK just to have it day one... :D

NHale

bj00rn_ said:
6th..? After all the hype and 5 years I expected it to be the PS3s absolute biggest?

Do you really expected a racing game to sell better than Call of Duty and the FIFA series in the UK? :lol

Corto

bj00rn_ said:
6th..? After all the hype and 5 years I expected it to be the PS3s absolute biggest?

It will be. Fifa, CoD have annual iterations that replace the last years version. GT5 is going to be here for the looooong run (could not help it hehehehe), a large percentage of PS3 owners will buy it some where along the line of the console life cycle. It will sell huge, and others already posted numbers that showed that it did better than any other previous GT in UK/France and probably everywhere else.

Top Bottom