• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 50, 2016

Theorry

I am really bad in finding that out really haha.
I saw that Forza 6 was still arround place 13 in the charts in week 52 and 53.

But i guess some brilliant mind with numbers can figure it out what the ballpark is. :)

ethomaz

Banned
I am really bad in finding that out really haha.
I saw that Forza 6 was still arround place 13 in the charts in week 52 and 53.

But i guess some brilliant mind with numbers can figure it out what the ballpark is. :)
That helps??? 2015 ranking.

2015_review_14.png

Or that one... it sold more than Rise of Tomb Raider in 2015.

2015_review_7.png

Forza Horizon will be the best selling Xbox One exclusive this year in UK ahead of Gears
Who would've thought that? A dead genre outselling the second biggest Xbox exclusive IP

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Have Watch Dogs 2's sales actually increased though? Or are you just referencing it going up two places in the charts? Also, it's has savage discounts since launch.

eh yeah sorry I just meant it going up in the chart. It's probably because of the price slashes, but I'm just glad the game keeps selling.

EGM1966

Forza Horizon will be the best selling Xbox One exclusive this year in UK ahead of Gears
Who would've thought that? A dead genre outselling the second biggest Xbox exclusive IP
Racing is a dead genre in PAL? C'mon that's not the case. Forza 3 is a great game doing great but if the genre was actually dead then it either wouldn't be selling as well or if it was it would inducate Xbox fans are so desperate for exclusivist they're turning to dead genres as their only hope.

I get you're pointing out the game's genuinely positive sales position but this isn't the way to do it with hyperbole about genre.

id agree on Gears although it's clearly a negative for that franchise it can't seem to match Forza (which it should). Seems a fair percentage of former fans have abandoned the franchise.

viHuGi

Banned
Racing is a dead genre in PAL? C'mon that's not the case. Forza 3 is a great game doing great but if the genre was actually dead then it either wouldn't be selling as well or if it was it would inducate Xbox fans are so desperate for exclusivist they're turning to dead genres as their only hope.

I get you're pointing out the game's genuinely positive sales position but this isn't the way to do it with hyperbole about genre.

id agree on Gears although it's clearly a negative for that franchise it can't seem to match Forza (which it should). Seems a fair percentage of former fans have abandoned the franchise.

It's not a dead genre in Europe and that says more about Gears than Forza

a "dead" genre. hope it's clear now ;)
a genre that is not big anymore like it's use to be in the past

i'm curious to see how gt sport will do

Best selling game based in aus? Or was mad max based in aus aswell
???

Rymuth

German BIU Sales Awards for November: https://www.biu-online.de/2016/12/1...en-computer-und-videospiele-im-november-2016/

• Uncharted 4 (PS4) >500K
  • Battlefield 1 (PC, PS4, XB1) >500K
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4) >200K
  • Pokemon Sun (3DS) >200K
  • Pokemon Moon (3DS) >200K
  • Battlefield 1 (PC) >100K
  • FIFA 17 (PS3) >100K
  • Final Fantasy XV (PS4) >100K
  • Forza Horizon 3 (XB1) >100K
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) >100K

Wow, the UC4 number is really surprising and impressive.

noobie

Banned
German BIU Sales Awards for November: https://www.biu-online.de/2016/12/1...en-computer-und-videospiele-im-november-2016/

• FIFA 17 (PS3) >100K

Which exclusives have done a million or above in Germany?

Ashtar

Have Watch Dogs 2's sales actually increased though? Or are you just referencing it going up two places in the charts? Also, it's has savage discounts since launch.
They said it had a 73% increase in sales although sales were up over all because of the timing / Christmas shopping

chadskin

Which exclusives have done a million or above in Germany?

None. It's the first exclusive to sell 500K copies since they've started handing out sales awards in 2012 as far as I can tell (though Pokemon will likely join the party in a couple of months with both Sun and Moon combined).

UC4 it the only gen8 exclusive with the 500k sales award (500k sales in 12 months)
any information if that number does include digital sales? sometimes the publisher gives out digital sales to gfk for reaching these milestones. the 200k award for Driveclub as example.

Theorry

Great to see Forza Horizon there. Xbox not doing great at all there and then still to show up in the top 10 says alot about the game.

Chris1

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...duty-infinite-warfare-takes-uk-christmas-no-1

"you'll see that Horizon 3 sales are 70% higher than 2015's Forza Motorsport 6 (and that had been on shelves longer)"

Hot damn.
Well, Horizon it is the best Forza. It's only natural it's sales are much higher.

.. That is a little surprising, FM games had long legs too. What did FM6 and FH3 launch at again?

Edit: Oh wait, this is only Christmas week and not YTD right? Your quote makes it sound like it's the whole year, but the source says it's Christmas week only?

chadskin

UC4 it the only gen8 exclusive with the 500k sales award (500k sales in 12 months)
any information if that number does include digital sales? sometimes the publisher gives out digital sales to gfk for reaching these milestones. the 200k award for Driveclub as example.

Sony games mostly seem to include digital sales but I presume we'll have to wait until early next year for confirmation.

Great to see Forza Horizon there. Xbox not doing great at all there and then still to show up in the top 10 says alot about the game.

It's not a ranking, just games that have crossed a specific sales milestone (100K, 200K, 500K, 1M) in November.

You'll be pleased to hear though it's the fastest-selling XB1 exclusive; reached the 100K milestone twice as fast as Halo 5 (~ 9 weeks to ~18 weeks).

ethomaz

Banned
Well, Horizon it is the best Forza. It's only natural it's sales are much higher.

.. That is a little surprising, FM games had long legs too. What did FM6 and FH3 launch at again?

Edit: Oh wait, this is only Christmas week and not YTD right? Your quote makes it sound like it's the whole year, but the source says it's Christmas week only?
That is interesting...

The comparison is only about the last week in 2015 vs 2016 for Forzas and not LTD.

Javin98

Banned

• FIFA 17 (PS3) >100K
Nice, over half a million for Uncharted 4 in Germany in 6 months? Unless my reading comprehension is failing me, it is up to November. I do wonder what the sales figures look like now, probably passed 7 million a while ago.

Chris1

That is interesting...

The comparison is only about the last week in 2016 vs 2016 for Forzas and not LTD.

Yea, in that case I could see that. Higher rated + Good WOM + a more casual racer + no competition. Not to mention there's HDR support which supposedly looks glorious, a good game to give to someone getting a 4K TV.

But 70% higher YTD would be massive, I feel like FM sells more in the first few weeks as it's more of a hardcore racing game.

But it sounds like it's just the Christmas week, so that makes sense, I think.

hussmk

Neo Member

• FIFA 17 (PS3) >100K

Stellar numbers for Uncharted 4 and Pokemon. Horizon 3 doing great too, relatively speaking.

Does this mean FFXV sold 100k+ in its launch week? Impressive.

hussmk

Neo Member
Yeap... only launch week was counted.

That's great then. Do we have any numbers for XIII? I don't imagine it opened higher than that, perhaps the extra effort SE put into the localization is paying off? It's be interesting to get numbers from France too.

There are fundamental differences between the Forza Motorsport series and the Forza Horizon series. They're both racing, but they're also not identical.

jaina

Nice, over half a million for Uncharted 4 in Germany in 6 months? Unless my reading comprehension is failing me, it is up to November. I do wonder what the sales figures look like now, probably passed 7 million a while ago.
Just to be clear, it's including November.

hussmk

Neo Member
FH3 performance has been amazing. MS have got to be thrilled. I wonder who will be doing FH4 since Playground have hinted they are taking a break from the franchise.

Also FFXV seems to be legging very well for the franchise norms

• FIFA 17 (PS3) >100K

Drakeliftingweight.gif

That's a crazy number for UC4. Wonder how well sales are WW.

Also hats off to FH3, really been a mainstay in the charts since launch.
Think it's filling a real arcade free form racing niche for XB1 players out there and not available anywhere else.

Zedark

ethomaz

Banned
Actually, the article you quote says that XIII achieved a Platinum prize in september, meaning it had sold more than 200k from launch until the end of september.
Actually you are right... fixed my post.

Thanks for the information!

That's a remarkable increase then. Finally, some decidedly positive news for the game's performance in one region of the world.
My bad... I'm not native German so I misunderstood.

FFXIII received > 200k awqard in September.

Zedark

Actually you are right... fixed my post.

My bad... I'm not native German so I misunderstood.

FFXIII received > 200k awqard in September.

I have found that from the 2010 year overview, FFXIII sold more than 200k skus combined (as per the september press release), but the PS3 SKU is not mentioned at th end of the year as having sold >200k in 2010, while the xbox 360 has not sold >100k. So, FFXIII did between 200k and 300k from its launch in march until the end of the year. I wonder if FFXV can beat that performance, the start is good at least!

ethomaz

Banned
I have found that from the 2010 year overview, FFXIII sold more than 200k skus combined (as per the september press release), but the PS3 SKU is not mentioned at th end of the year as having sold >200k in 2010, while the xbox 360 has not sold >100k. So, FFXIII did between 200k and 300k from its launch in march until the end of the year. I wonder if FFXV can beat that performance, the start is good at least!
Yeap I did not found any other award so it possible didn't crossed > 100k on 360 or > 200k on PS3 to make it over 300k.

viHuGi

Banned
FH3 performance has been amazing. MS have got to be thrilled. I wonder who will be doing FH4 since Playground have hinted they are taking a break from the franchise.

Also FFXV seems to be legging very well for the franchise norms

Indeed, phenomenal game getting amazing sales!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
None. It's the first exclusive to sell 500K copies since they've started handing out sales awards in 2012 as far as I can tell (though Pokemon will likely join the party in a couple of months with both Sun and Moon combined).

WOW! That's insane

ethomaz

Banned
GT5 received the > 500k in the first 12 months (http://www.biu-online.de/2011/08/04...hood-knacken-im-juli-die-halbe-million-marke/) and after receive more awards in the second year.

I'm pretty sure others exclusives break 500k too.

The awards way before 2012... I have the 2008 and 2009 PDF links.

https://web.archive.org/web/2011010...eien/BIU_Sales_Award_Jahresstatistik_2009.pdf
https://web.archive.org/web/2011010...dateien/BIU_Sales_Award_Verleihungen_2008.pdf

Top Bottom