• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Lmao I had the same problem after plying Rev for so long! Are you going to open your diamond chest before or after the patch?

Saving

Wanna earnnewer rewards.

I've stockpiled enough Chest ms and opened them up to earn coins and rep galore. Want to see how it works in new system.

As now tier Chest matters:
Bronze 2 rewards, Silver 3, Gold 4, Diamond 5. So I'll have 10+ Diamonds, 3 Gold, 5-7 Silvef, and a Bronze.

Also Patch Notes for 41.5:
https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/v-41-5-store-update

v42 should get posted soon in a day or two going by Epic so we can digest all the information

I don't know about the time zone in other countries but I'm from Argentina and I've learned my lesson: don't play during mornings and afternoons on weekends, I'm playing FFXII at those hours and leave Paragon for evenings, and I win more often than I lose.

Also, Muriel got me out of Silver league. My reasoning is that average or not so good players can turned into decent or good with a great Muriel (or support in general) and support and mid lane is what I do best.

Xater

First match today and I actually won. Also got all y dailies done. I am quitting on this high note immediately. lol

GraveRobberX

Revenant Master Get!, since Saturday evening lol, just posting it now. I love how the match I cap him, Loot Crate gets Rewarded Haha!

QlFytht.jpg

VsunVnn.jpg

That Fornite cross promotion, love using this Banner at the moment, does stand out:
Pi7wEdZ.jpg

When you know how to stack the XP Boosts just right:
GuOpP8T.jpg

Stockpile in Progress:
iM2iK2G.jpg

GraveRobberX

Here you go:

SEPw17El.jpg

Legendary:
Ceremonial Feng Mao
Golden Loot Crate Key

Epic:
Loot Crate

Common:
Titanium Shellshock Gadget

4 Weeks, 4 rewards...

I miss you Magma Grux, why couldn't you be in this month ={

Eggbok

Just bought 3 essential editions for $15 each @ best buy and since I had a gift card I spent no actual money! 18000 coins in time for the update! Hype!

Xater

Just bought 3 essential editions for $15 each @ best buy and since I had a gift card I spent no actual money! 18000 coins in time for the update! Hype!

I can't find any of those anymore around here. I wish I could do that as well.

Edit: Should have just stopped after my win today...

GraveRobberX

what are those 3 cards that are always on display? in that Iggy rework video

That's how the new Card system works

You can only have 3 Cards active out of your 12 Card Deck

So those 3 will show up on the bottom left hand corner, Gold is now in the top left corner up there with k/d/a counter
No more 6 cards and the 4 Active slots alongside 2 Passive icons, they're gone now

Attributes + Gems + Cards are new system

You go to level 20 max as a player.

You have a max of 25 Attribute points in 1 stat. Be it Intellect/Agility/Vitality. Every 6 levels from 1 you can slot a gem in to your decks as bonus, So 1, 7, 13, 19, 25 (even though it's 5, the 6th can be slotted at any Attribute Bonus level). You can slot as many gems at any bonus level but there are setbacks. Slot in 3 gems at bonus level 7, that means you have 3 gem slots left and if game is longer than expected, and you have next 3 at 19 and no 25, yet other player has 2 25 gems, they will have the advantage slightly

delSai

I'm a bit scared of this update to be honest. Last time they made big changes they almost ruined the game for me.

Oh well. Gonna be able to have an opinion on it soon enough i guess.

The New Iggy re-work video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3qa3yU-UkE&t=3s

Paragon is simply becoming the best Moba out there. It looks like it will look and play incredible after this update. Iggy Mains arise!.

I'm a Wukong main and this, combined with current Zinx, is scaring the crap out of me. Heck, me with a full kit and really powered up can't beat a Zinx 1v1 when she's built into Mana and HP. I run Sparrow as an alt and even she couldn't touch a Zinx 1v1 right now.

Still, this Iggy buff is much needed. He was garbage before.

GraveRobberX

Also a fan of upgrading cards in PvE - very clever.

It curtails dupe effect, why do I need 18 Bounty Stalker syndrome from old system

Now you have the collectors chasing Diamond Foil on cards they use most for the border effect, PvE users with bonus leveling up, and no worries on dupes just stagnating

This way the rewards matter, at least until you get all 120 Cards level 10 with Diamond Foil Border, I mean that's going to take awhile

Moobabe

It curtails dupe effect, why do I need 18 Bounty Stalker syndrome from old system

Now you have the collectors chasing Diamond Foil on cards they use most for the border effect, PvE users with bonus leveling up, and no worries on dupes just stagnating

This way the rewards matter, at least until you get all 120 Cards level 10 with Diamond Foil Border, I mean that's going to take awhile

Thanks man - appreciate all the help as always.

I'm a bit scared of this update to be honest. Last time they made big changes they almost ruined the game for me.

Oh well. Gonna be able to have an opinion on it soon enough i guess.

I feel like the last time they did a huge update, the community was dead set against it. This time I feel like most of the community is excited for the change. I feel like this is a pretty substantial change to the game and there will be an adjustment period, but that the changes are probably for the best. This new update has brought me out of retirement so I'm really looking forward to the changes lol.

Afro

This new update is gonna be crazy.

Just one more week to go! I've got two more heroes to get to level 3, since that's all I'll have time for.

Noob question, but why are people rushing to level heroes before the update? Also, what should I make sure I do before the update drops? Should I spend my coins/rep, buy packs, etc? Thanks.

Xater

Noob question, but why are people rushing to level heroes before the update? Also, what should I make sure I do before the update drops? Should I spend my coins/rep, buy packs, etc? Thanks.

Because you get rewards for your current progress. Getting masteries right now is a good idea, because it will save you rep compared to the new system. I am keeeping all my card packs and chests for now, so I can get the new stuff.

GraveRobberX

Masteries for Heroes are changing.

Old system was exponential, meaning first 5 levels were hella quick, next 5 were like climbing Olympus with a backpack filled with 60lbs of rock... oh you only had one freaking arm...
Now we will be going to a linear system. There's Ranks and levels. Each Rank has 10 levels, 9 which you will need to level up till next Rank. Each level is 6,000XP worth, so 54,000XP needed to go 1 full Rank.
Each level takes 2 hours (w/o Boosts active, etc.), 10 Levels total per Rank, 20 hours total then, with 99 Ranks, roughly 2000 Hours for 1 Hero.

Now reason people quickly leveling Heroes even if they don't have the Mastery for said Hero is to earn the first 2 rewards quickly. 1 Silver Chest and 1 Card Pack. New system in whichever Hero you put XP and leveled them up but did not purchase the Mastery (75,000Rep) will get reset back to 0. Also any Hero Masteries you have unlocked, the first 10 Ranks their Rep fee is waived. It's better to pay a little now, than lose progress on Heroes youve put time into and lose them. Also all that XP carries over. All the rewards you might have earned in new system will be given to everyone retroactively as Veteran Chests.

The more old 293 cards, card packs, and card materials you have, the better card value Score you will have. All those 3 things are going away. That will translate into Veteran Chests. So getting Heroes to 3 earns you a card Pack, which is roughly 10,000Rep, 35 Heroes total, 350,000Rep saved and 35 packs to convert into new Chests.

Veteran Chests will contain 14 Cards and/or Gems each. As many Heroes unlocked and leveled up and the card converting to value score, a lot of players will be swimming in those Chests.

Then we have the old Chest system, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond. There moving to new system but getting changed a little. No more Cards or Materials inside there going away. Rep and Coins being removed. So if you want more Rep now and chance at coins or increase your card value score pop those chests. If not, then when the New Dawn hits all Chest will get filled with the new items. Mostly Cards and Gems, still chance of keys and Chest within a Chest.
Also before all 4 chests rewarded 4 items but the tier value of Chest was what amount could be awarded. Now Bronze give 2 rewards, Silver 3, Gold 4, Diamond 5. You can still try to get gold and hope Diamond pops as 1 reward, but you might lose out on 1 slot reward, which over time adds up.

If your new, I say save your Rep, save your chests, level Heroes to 2 or 3 if possible just to earn rewards to carry over.
Don't worry to much about Masteries. Just get as much stockpile to bring you over, you'll just get a better head start the man say a brand new player joining that day.

Ploid 3.0

I'm really looking forward to the new Iggy, he looks so fun now. Reminds me of Gazlowe in Heroes of the Storm, I loved that hero.

KOHIPEET

I'm really looking forward to the new Iggy, he looks so fun now. Reminds me of Gazlowe in Heroes of the Storm, I loved that hero.

His rework seems to speak volumes about how teamfights are approached in v.42. To me it looks like they'll happen more often and they'll be even more quick and deadly.

Imagine Iggy's ult coupled with Gadget's tesla dome when she's using that instant cooldown card. Jeeesus, things gonna get messy

GraveRobberX

Daily Rewards, Day 151-165, remember these are placeholders, there still running on old system, once new system kicks in, Rewards will change too!

Day 151 - 250 Matrix
Day 152 - Rep Boost: 1 Win
Day 153 - 100 Cursed Soul
Day 154 - 175 Reputation
Day 155 - Gold Chest
Day 156 - 25 Coins
Day 157 - 100 Shrapnel
Day 158 - 175 Reputation
Day 159 - 250 Cursed Soul
Day 160 - 2000 Matrix
Day 161 - 500 Metal
Day 162 - 25 Coins
Day 163 - Card Pack
Day 164 - 350 Reputation
Day 165 - 1000 Topaz

Xater

So I tried Sparraow again in my quest to get all my heroes with mastery to at least level 2. Hey she is actually fun now! Who knew?

Also I need more friends guys. Please add me on PSN/Epic with the name Xater.

Eggbok

It was PvE, but I saw a test build Kalari one shot a Fay @_@
2-3 shots to kill any other hero @_@
👀

If you have a good deck that's entirely possible. I have a beast Rev deck that I use, played it in PvE and destroyed those bots. Went 51 - 1 lol, it was dope.

So I tried Sparraow again in my quest to get all my heroes with mastery to at least level 2. Hey she is actually fun now! Who knew?

Also I need more friends guys. Please add me on PSN/Epic with the name Xater.

I'll toss you a request! :)

ShdwDrake

Banned
Looking at the patch notes and then looking at the streams and videos things are definitely different from what the YouTubers played. Maybe not significantly but there are changes. For example Kallaris healing passive was removed according to the notes and the healing passive is gone on the hero page but on CMClarkes stream when he went into stealth as kallari he was getting the passive hp Regen.

Toni

Just went 37 kills and 2 deaths in pvp as Countess.

She is risiculously overpowered man. And I've even take out a 3 man team with her late game with ease.

My power stat with her was 270.

All the rangers are easy meals for her.

Spinluck

She is risiculously overpowered man. And I've even take out a 3 man team with her late game with ease.

Countess isn't OP at all.

Xater

Countess us fine, you probably just had a really good match. It happens!

GraveRobberX

It was PvE, but I saw a test build Kalari one shot a Fay @_@
2-3 shots to kill any other hero @_@
👀

Well that was a Bot Fey, no Armor on her, Support type with basic shit

Kallari was almost 9000 aka 9 levels ahead
So yeah, get up there, game meta changes quick

With Wards now at a premium oh boy

Looking at the patch notes and then looking at the streams and videos things are definitely different from what the YouTubers played. Maybe not significantly but there are changes. For example Kallaris healing passive was removed according to the notes and the healing passive is gone on the hero page but on CMClarkes stream when he went into stealth as kallari he was getting the passive hp Regen.

I think that is an Agility Bonus with Gem socketed in

Xater

So since I started playing again I am now at 7 diamond, 3 gold and 4 silver chests. I should be able to add a little more to that until the update. That plus the rewards for my old shit should get me a good start I think.

Eggbok

Just had the most epic come back holy shit! They destroyed all 3 of our inhibitors and were fucking us up bad. We were fighting them for a good 15-20 minutes at our core, defending it. They even had orb prime and was picking us off here and there but we were still managing to keep the core safe. One of our guys was afk too was it was basically 4v5. There was a guy spamming to surrender and kept doing the surrender vote but me and my friend kept cancelling it.

Then we killed their Khaimera and Serath and attempted to push. Two people went to get orb prime and by the time they got it we were back at their inhibitors. We only managed to destroy the middle inhibitor but we killed the few that were live. Khaimera and Twinblast were the only two trying to fight everything but we ended up destroying their core. and we won. Whew!

That's why I hate when my team surrenders, it's not until it's over. There is always a chance to come back in my mind lol. I've had teams surrender when there are only two towers destroyed, it pisses me off so much.

Top Bottom