• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

I just played a co-op vs AI game where one of the bots literally didn't do anything. It just stayed in spawn the whole time at level 1. It was a four star AI, too.

I guess even the AI gets leavers sometimes.

delSai

I had an AI Rampage who just straight up gave up. He used his ult and then he was just standing there while people were fighting all around him.

We laughed our ass off tho, so it was worth it. Then we killed him.

So many loot crates and 5 star matches lately.

Murdock's Hot Pursuit vs AI is ridiculously effective, like taking candy from a baby. Especially Steel, the Mayweather of Paragon.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watched so many v42 videos yesterday
So fucking excited!

People need to realize the animations for attack speed will get fixed, Devs said so

Also everyone is not comfortable picking right cards for right situation, so you see this overkill effect highlighted cause everyone going burst or Overpowered damage/sustain

Yeah a Countess should shred your Carry, that's why the Carry has a goddam support to keep those Assassins at bay. Yet people watch Countess and complain already v42 is broken!
Like Holy Shit!, relax, it's not even live, we need to be the focus test, bash out the bugs and get adjustments made from feedback

The great thing is now everyone is shook at pushing lanes, no Wards/Vision just changed the damn game up until mid game. Map awareness, sounds, and Team comms of "enemies missing in lane right/left/mid" is key to survival now

Crazy how now all those roles a Hero could fulfill they fucking can
Saw a Tanky Sevarog with 3500+ HP, good lord was he just chewing up enemy damage
There's theorycrafting with right cards and attribute points, a Tank can go up to roughly 6500HP, motherfucking absurd
Shit damage but Holy Shit at tanking everything like a champ

Darknight

Just got into this game. I think im level 7 scrub. PLayed PvP and got beat by the other team.

I need to play with a GAF crew else im gonna get chewed out here. You guys use headsets? I feel that helps when trying to coordinate attacks/defends.

Eggbok

Just got into this game. I think im level 7 scrub. PLayed PvP and got beat by the other team.

I need to play with a GAF crew else im gonna get chewed out here. You guys use headsets? I feel that helps when trying to coordinate attacks/defends.

I'm curious, who did you use and what is your deck like? Or are you using the standard deck?

Ploid 3.0

My kingdom for a loot box. What are the odds of a loot box dropping when you finish a match? I knew I shouldn't have spent a regular key on my most recent one.

I don't want to spend anymore coins on loot boxes. I must resist.

SarusGray

the game is going through a huge revision in a couple days, I wouldn't sweat it right now but find a role you enjoy and learn it well.

I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out how to build a couple of my characters for Tuesday. I know I'll likely get all the cards, but trying to figure out what will work versus what other players might be using is daunting.

Also, the nerf to Wukong sucks. Being a solo tower-destroyer was something that made me valuable on a team.

At what time does the "day" counter roll over to the next day?

I logged in last night at approximately 10pm EST and got my daily rewards. But then I logged in just now at 11am EST and it doesn't count as a new "day" yet

I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out how to build a couple of my characters for Tuesday. I know I'll likely get all the cards, but trying to figure out what will work versus what other players might be using is daunting.

Also, the nerf to Wukong sucks. Being a solo tower-destroyer was something that made me valuable on a team.

People are over exaggerating this Wukong nerf. Did you see the AS Serath had in the Tournament? It was stupid. Now imaging that on Wukong under a tower without the nerf. Now imagine Wukong with the card that flips enemy minions to his side. You could have all three lanes pushed to enemy inhib then a Wukong back doors to your inhib and flips minions and takes it in 1 second. That would have been stupid broken. It a good thing they nerfed him on towers or he'd be even more broken than he is now. This is coming from someone who plays a lot of Wukong.

I logged in last night at approximately 10pm EST and got my daily rewards. But then I logged in just now at 11am EST and it doesn't count as a new "day" yet

It tells you the exact hours and minutes left on screen. But its 22 hours from the last time.

ZeroCoin

It's based on your previous day login. You logged in yesterday at 10pm and tripped the day. Now your next day will start 22 hours after that. So you could log in for your next daily reward/daily quests at 8pm.

People are over exaggerating this Wukong nerf. Did you see the AS Serath had in the Tournament? It was stupid. Now imaging that on Wukong under a tower without the nerf. Now imagine Wukong with the card that flips enemy minions to his side. You could have all three lanes pushed to enemy inhib then a Wukong back doors to your inhib and flips minions and takes it in 1 second. That would have been stupid broken. It a good thing they nerfed him on towers or he'd be even more broken than he is now. This is coming from someone who plays a lot of Wukong.

This is all very true. Like I said, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how the game will play out come tomorrow. The flip card might be a dynamite one to add if I'm going with the siege route with Wukong. It's more Sparrow that I'm confused about. I used to roll attack speed + crit and it would make her stupid. The new cards seem to have mostly done away with crit and it will be up to the gems to make those stats happen.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Correct me if I am wrong, but this entire deck system seems wildly unbalanced. You can have a distinct advantage it seems just by having a better deck, which takes unlocks. Also, you have a deck which limits what you can do during a match. There is no chance to adapt, it seems? This is coming from a DOTA2 player. It just all seems off.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this entire deck system seems wildly unbalanced. You can have a distinct advantage it seems just by having a better deck, which takes unlocks. Also, you have a deck which limits what you can do during a match. There is no chance to adapt, it seems? This is coming from a DOTA2 player. It just all seems off.

That all changes tomorrow. Entire economy is changing to a more traditional MOBA style. Gold is being introduced to purchase upgrades like in other MOBA. There will still be cards, which is a good thing since deck building is a huge part of Paragon, but no more upgrading the cards, no more stacking damage upgrades to cards, no more skill point limit.

Actually, with this update tomorrow, DOTA players would feel right at home with the economy. So excited. Shinbi is life.

ZeroCoin

This is one of the biggest complaints about the game. The deck system certainly does reward players that have a larger (better) pool of cards to choose from. The hope, at least with this update, is that there's enough power on the standard decks to compete in the lower ELO range while the player learns the game and earns more cards. It's also a design challenge because you don't want the cards to be imbalanced enough that the unlocked cards give an advantage, while also making the other cards worth getting.

I will say that the versatility of a deck should be much better with the new system. Fewer active cards at a time, bigger impact per card, and being able to refund/redistribute cards (with exceptions) should allow you to plan for some extra scenarios.

Ploid 3.0

Finally got a box to use the gold key on, which resulted in two more normal keys. 4 keys, 0 boxes, 0 rewards for the last few days of fishing for a box. My last box was a Gadget emote, the one before that was something equally forgettable. I was hoping the gold key would give me some good luck since it skips a lot of trash. Motivation to fish for more boxes crushed.

Should I push for at least one more box before the patch? Will the boxes change for the better or worse after tomorrow?

methane47

RSrMmnQ.png

ummmmm Holy crap

Mindlog

I'm not a fan of progression systems in competitive MP, but they're everywhere now. My main source of peace with it in Paragon has been that there's no ranked play yet. However, that's definitely getting closer to happening. My source of peace when that happens is that I'll have every card in the game 'screw you got mine!'
It's based on your previous day login. You logged in yesterday at 10pm and tripped the day. Now your next day will start 22 hours after that. So you could log in for your next daily reward/daily quests at 8pm.
A timer tab would be a nice QOL update.
For example right now I can't see when my weekly chest can be claimed as the timer is covered by the claim button.

Eggbok

Does this make minions attack towers as well? If it does well then damn lol, Wukong is already a monster at taking down towers.
Hopefully Zinx is getting a debuff tomorrow as well.

Actually just watched a vid that had Wukong using this card. The other teams inhib was down and he ran to the minion spawn, changes the whole minion wave and destroyed their core lol!

Apparently she'll go back to her release/pre-buff version

Thank God Lol! One single hero should not be able to 1v5, take minimal damage and melt the whole squad.

NickMitch

I wouldn´t call my self a serious MOBA player, but at least i understand the concept about teamplay, lane management, buff-claiming, ward positioning and communication. But all these effers who play this game like it's TDM - People running into death, giving the opposing assassin 30 kills and thus caps the hero level 4-5 steps before anyone on my team. IT MAKES ME FURIOUS. Thank god for the "rate player" system.

Hopefully the v42 update will change some of this - at least i give it the benefit of a doubt.

55 minutes of my day ruined!

delSai

Thank God Lol! One single hero should not be able to 1v5, take minimal damage and melt the whole squad.

Yeah it was insane and definitely wont be missed.

I wouldn´t call my self a serious MOBA player, but at least i understand the concept about teamplay, lane management, buff-claiming, ward positioning and communication. But all these effers who play this game like it's TDM - People running into death, giving the opposing assassin 30 kills and thus caps the hero level 4-5 steps before anyone on my team. IT MAKES ME FURIOUS. Thank god for the "rate player" system.

Hopefully the v42 update will change some of this - at least i give it the benefit of a doubt.

I get you man. Playing without a full team seems pointless to me right now to be honest.

Who needs lanes if you can run around and try to kill but end up getting killed!

Eggbok

Yeah it was insane and definitely wont be missed.

I get you man. Playing without a full team seems pointless to me right now to be honest.

Who needs lanes if you can run around and try to kill but end up getting killed!

This pisses me off so much, especially when it's end game! It has happened to me so much. One game they had one guy attacking our mid inhibitor and one attacking the right inhibitor. The guy in mid was under half health, all 4 of my team mates go chase that one guy causing us to lose an inhibitor. Once the inhibitor is down they decide they should go back, like are you guys that bad?

Yesterday 4/5 of my team died, only leaving Revenant. Our middle inhibitor is under attack by only minions. Revenant is in right lane by the inhibitors, only person alive on either team and he's waiting for last hits on minions. My head was hurting so bad lmao, he's not even pushing the lane he is just waiting for the minions to kill each other to get the last hit. These people sometimes.

NickMitch

This pisses me off so much, especially when it's end game! It has happened to me so much. One game they had one guy attacking our mid inhibitor and one attacking the right inhibitor. The guy in mid was under half health, all 4 of my team mates go chase that one guy causing us to lose an inhibitor. Once the inhibitor is down they decide they should go back, like are you guys that bad?

Yesterday 4/5 of my team died, only leaving Revenant. Our middle inhibitor is under attack by only minions. Revenant is in right lane by the inhibitors, only person alive on either team and he's waiting for last hits on minions. My head was hurting so bad lmao, he's not even pushing the lane he is just waiting for the minions to kill each other to get the last hit. These people sometimes.

Wow, that is pure sabotage man.

GraveRobberX

It's 22 hours from last check in, no matter what
So you new time to earn anything is 8pm EST, then 6pm EST following day, just keep subtracting 2 hours from previous day

You can add additional days by doing said 22 hour knockback and earn extra days
Takes 12 days to gain 1 Day. I've been doing it for awhile I'm ahead of I think everyone by 10 Days come Wednesday. If you logged in Daily and didn't miss a Day, I'm still +10 Days ahead of them lol

Daily Quest and Login are 22 hours
Star Chest is 70 hours
Monthly Mega Vault is @12:00AM EDT 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd Day of the month
Week ends @11:59:59PM on 7th, 14th, 21st, and whatever last day of the month be it 28, 29, 30, or 31

Espada

Soon, brethren.... The New Dawn will be upon us! The only downer in all this is that we're not getting the visual update until September.

Darknight

I'm curious, who did you use and what is your deck like? Or are you using the standard deck?

I just started so I have basic deck (i use the auto option - making custom deck seems confusing) and I have 1st batch of characters so I dont have a fav yet. I think the girl with the giant arm is good but I need to play more and try others.

GraveRobberX

I just started so I have basic deck (i use the auto option - making custom deck seems confusing) and I have 1st batch of characters so I dont have a fav yet. I think the girl with the giant arm is good but I need to play more and try others.

Don't worry, everything changing tomorrow

You'll be joining in fresh
Earn some stuff and learn with everyone else

No one has advantage come tomorrow

Everyone will be doing everything possible to break the game min/maxing and figuring out the meta
So 2-3 weeks of chaos until the lull of semblance takes hold

Ah you like Gadget, yeah she a perfect Zoner, can ruin other peoples farm, has a great escape, and when you lob that sticky mine, the other side gets shook
They become so defensively cause that mine eats chunks if Healtg

delSai

Let this be the last time it'll be a completely new game tho please

Gadget is amazing btw i've been killing it with her the last couple of days. Was the first character i played and now i'm playing her again.

Darknight

Don't worry, everything changing tomorrow

You'll be joining in fresh
Earn some stuff and learn with everyone else

No one has advantage come tomorrow

Everyone will be doing everything possible to break the game min/maxing and figuring out the meta
So 2-3 weeks of chaos until the lull of semblance takes hold

Yea im kinda exited to start like a new like the rest.

I def have to play with some of you guys. For the meantime, Ill play with bots and get more experience with the game. Its not hard to understand but I feel like you need to learn which characters are best to go off against other players and better techniques to pull off and be a better team player.

GraveRobberX

Yea im kinda exited to start like a new like the rest.

I def have to play with some of you guys. For the meantime, Ill play with bots and get more experience with the game. Its not hard to understand but I feel like you need to learn which characters are best to go off against other players and better techniques to pull off and be a better team player.

Yeah that's just with time and playing each Hero to learn what they're all about

I play Co-Op exclusively, Bots are hella fun in this game
Don't enjoy PvP so much, like 5 games total, but I do keep up with meta talk, watch PvP fights and builds

Then I take those and bring them into co-op and try them out and adjust according to my playing needs
5 Star Bots are no joke

All Cards can be leveled up 5 times now which will be for the co-op side, might bring in more difficulty levels for bots or parameters to make you beat them with certain disadvantages on your side and advantages to theirs, but better rewards... (guessing here)

GraveRobberX

Is update live?

No Update is @3:30AM EST Tuesday (so 7 hours from now) with a 2 hour downtime, maybe even more

So i have 250k rep. Should I get three character masteries before the update?

Yes, if you want think those Heroes are worth it and you've invested time into them and will in the future

Remember pay 75,000Rep now get first 10 Ranks Rep fee waived off
Also those 3 Heroes won't be reset to 0

Any Heroes Masteries Challenges you haven't unlocked, all those Heroes will go back to 0

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lol holy shit i am extra terrible at this game. I do not know how to accomplish anything during a match. Don't know where or how to level, get cards, can't aim, don't know what any abilities do. Feels great.

GraveRobberX

so is it out yet, can't wait :/

1 hour till patch arrives and 2 hours from there for Servers to go live

Just go my Daily (Login) Reward, Day 156, now I'm onto Day 157 + 158 for Wednesday and be 10-11 Days ahead!

Get myself Double Rewards, muhahaha from Daily Rewards

Pookmunki

I was 1 card away from the full set due to dismantling too many Lazarus Blades during the affinity change a few months back, never got enough material to make another.

That's going to bother me for a bit!

Top Bottom