• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

With my last hurrah, I got Shinbi to level 3 and I got her mastery. She's pretty fun to play, with a lot of pretty and silly effect!

Now the update awaits...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Last Game

RIP Pre-v42 A New Dawn Monolith

eMxOrn7l.jpg

9ePtoCAl.jpg

GraveRobberX

FUCKING LOOOOOOOOOOOOL:

Damn off by 9 Account Levels, I'm an underachiever =/
m8HayCh.jpg

Veteran Chests from conversion of everything that is no more:
gBD34h2.jpg

Veteran Chests from Heroes:
LhrxoIT.jpg

Sum total of all Chests earned: 371 Veteran Chests, LAWL!
ICNIRxo.jpg

Sexy looking page:
rqDtCfa.jpg

So many chests to open, Holy Shit!
I know there's people gotta have over 1,000+, I mean I joined with PS+, Early Access people must be drowning in them lol

delSai

Oh cool i got a Fey concept art banner

Do not open your boxes now, its possible that some will be skipped due to the server issues. You get the stuff, but dont see what you get.

GraveRobberX

Daily Rewards Days 151-165 v42 Updated

dXlWerDl.jpg

Day 151 - 100,000 Reputation
Day 152 -Yomi Guardian
Day 153 - Gold Chest (Rare)
Day 154 - Silver Chest (Uncommon)
Day 155 - Armor Aura (Uncommon)
Day 156 - 25 Coins (Epic)
Day 157 - Bonze Chest
Day 158 - 100,000 Reputation
Day 159 - O.P.D. Militia (Uncommon)
Day 160 - Diamond Chest
Day 161 - Wicked Riposte
Day 162 - 25 Coins (Epic)
Day 163 - Soldier of Fortune
Day 164 - Silver Chest (Uncommon)
Day 165 - Domain of Stillness (Epic)

SSReborn

Oh cool i got a Fey concept art banner

Do not open your boxes now, its possible that some will be skipped due to the server issues. You get the stuff, but dont see what you get.
Honestly with how long this is gonna take I may just mass open and read the cards after since I don't know what they really do anyways.

SSReborn

I'm at 21 of 24 for growth and knowledge, 20 out of 24 for order, 22 out of 24 for death and chaos with about 105 chests left. So I guess I don't need to open all of these lol

Are gems and cards the only things contained in chests now?

Eggbok

Chests and things are buggy af, if you open too many they start to not do anything at all. If you press open chest 3 times and nothing happens you'll back out and be missing 3 chests. So be careful!

GraveRobberX

I'm at 21 of 24 for growth and knowledge, 20 out of 24 for order, 22 out of 24 for death and chaos with about 105 chests left. So I guess I don't need to open all of these lol

Are gems and cards the only things contained in chests now?

From Veteran Chests yes only Cards and Gems

The tier chests give Cards, Gems, Loot Keys, and Chest within a Chest up to Gold Version, Diamond doesn't have that

Chests and things are buggy af, if you open too many they start to not do anything at all. If you press open chest 3 times and nothing happens you'll back out and be missing 3 chests. So be careful!

You still gonna get rewarded, your not losing anything
Server load is going bonkers, reading Reddit everyone in chaos mode

I'm just reading info and browsing, no rush to unlock everything quickly, I'll take my sweet ass time!

delSai

Your not missing nothing trust lol

It sucks that you have to play a match before you can create a deck but I can't get a match to start for the life of me. So now I'm just here.. lol
Does it have to be PVP? If Bot matches work then maybe 5 of us can group up and just get the one match done.

Eggbok

No it's co-op vs AI or solo but the queue for both aren't working.

It's very iffy, one of my friends is playing solo as iggy. I made it to the draft lobby but then it kicked me back to the main menu to apply an update.
Edit: Just got in a bot match, hype!

NickMitch

Played the mandatory 1 v AI match, and MY god the controls threw me of (ps4) The gem,gold,card system seems solid.
The pace of the game was good and I leveled up quickly enough.
Will countinue to stick witch TwinBlast and Howitzer.

Also 84 veteran chests - not that many, but good enough. Servers went down half way so..42 to go.

GraveRobberX

I got 51 Veteran chests and I have almost all cards and gems.

Also holy shit @masteries now being 500k rep.

I told y'all to Buy!

Don't worry Rep is hella easy now

Look at my Daily Login posts, you get 100,000 for logging in for fuck sakes lol

Xater

I told y'all to Buy!

Don't worry Rep is hella easy now

Look at my Daily Login posts, you get 100,000 for logging in for fuck sakes lol

Hey I did open my chests to get 3 more masteries. There are only like 4 heroes left I wish I still got the mastery from.

Also where the hell is the card that gives me the ward? It's an Order card right? I can't find it.

Can't wait to try this out. I'm level 84 after the update lol. Can't open chests or anything so I guess I will play some Fortnite while I wait.

NickMitch

Still downloding. How's the new controller layout?

Only played one match but.

Tap touchpad to open attribute trees and to unlock abilities. Abitlities are all moved to the shoulder buttons.

R2 - basic attack
R1 - Square
L2 - X
L1 - Circle
L1+L2 - ultimate

To level up ability - tap touchpad and press corresponding button.

To upgrade attribute - tap touchpad and press x to buy a level on the attribute you bought from earlier - use d-pad to change category.

Teleport, comms, emotes etc are bound to the d-pad

Hold touchpad to open store.

edit: i found it to be a bit fiddly. But i guess that's natural.

Only played one match but.

Tap touchpad to open attribute trees and to unlock abilities. Abitlities are all moved to the shoulder buttons.

R2 - basic attack
R1 - Square
L2 - X
L1 - Circle
L1+L2 - ultimate

To level up ability - tap touchpad and press corresponding button.

To upgrade attribute - tap touchpad and press x to buy a level on the attribute you bought from earlier - use d-pad to change category.

Teleport, comms, emotes etc are bound to the d-pad

Hold touchpad to open store.

edit: i found it to be a bit fiddly. But i guess that's natural.

Why? What do the face buttons do now? This seems pointless.

Yeah, this queue thing is sucking pretty hard. Have a limited time before going to work and wanted to get 2 or 3 matches in.

EDIT: Oh cool. Got from 25 minutes to 15 and then it gave me a maintenance error. Went back in, and now it is back to 25 minutes. Best patch ever.

EDIT2: And the same thing again. GG Epic.

Yeah, this queue thing is sucking pretty hard. Have a limited time before going to work and wanted to get 2 or 3 matches in.

EDIT: Oh cool. Got from 25 minutes to 15 and then it gave me a maintenance error. Went back in, and now it is back to 25 minutes. Best patch ever.

The servers are down.

ZeroCoin

I think you can change it in the settings, but i haven't tried it yet.

You can definitely switch back, as well as a few more options too. I switched around a month ago to their newer control style with the abilities on the triggers. Took some getting used to but I think it's a better system. This updated scheme will be even better since the item activations are all together instead of split between dpad and face buttons.

I hope I can still see what my rewards were and how many veteran chests I unlocked after this hotfix is live. Going to be a little disappointing if I can't even get a recap of what I received.

Xater

You can definitely switch back, as well as a few more options too. I switched around a month ago to their newer control style with the abilities on the triggers. Took some getting used to but I think it's a better system. This updated scheme will be even better since the item activations are all together instead of split between dpad and face buttons.

I have played with the new control scheme ever since I came back to the game. It's a lot better. I think it will be pretty much needed with the new card system.

NickMitch

So no visual upgrades at all yet, right? Besides the new animations.

The "floor" by the tower is glossy black - and i definitely think that's new... Some stuff has changed for sure, but not the total overhaul they have shown in the road map.

Top Bottom