• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

ZeroCoin

Really wish Epic had explained the gem system a little bit more in the blog post. They just scratched the surface with a lot of the new systems, but some supplemental posts detailing the gems and card systems would go a long way.

I would pay 10 bucks to remove the stupid "Good Job!". It's like an assholes free pass.

This is why I'm actually dreading voice chat being added to the game. I'm fine relying on party chat or discord if people want to talk. People are already rude enough with text chat and quick comms.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Of course I get the key from the vault...

You too, lulz

I got Golden Key 2 days ago

Have 2 Golden Keys (1 from Vault, 1 from Day 150 Daily Reward) sitting with 10 Crates, thinking of pulling the trigger and hope to earn one of the NovaBorn Greystones hopefully

2 chances, but I highly doubt it =/

Watch me earn a Banner and 700 coins or variation of a skin that I already have!

If I could get a Doomsday Steel variation that would be awesome also

I know next week that Crate has my name on it in the MMV
Won't get skins till week 3 and 4 lol

Xater

I mean at least I should still get the skins when I do the vault every week, but nothing having to do it every week would also be nice.

Just had the most epic come back holy shit! They destroyed all 3 of our inhibitors and were fucking us up bad. We were fighting them for a good 15-20 minutes at our core, defending it. They even had orb prime and was picking us off here and there but we were still managing to keep the core safe. One of our guys was afk too was it was basically 4v5. There was a guy spamming to surrender and kept doing the surrender vote but me and my friend kept cancelling it.

Then we killed their Khaimera and Serath and attempted to push. Two people went to get orb prime and by the time they got it we were back at their inhibitors. We only managed to destroy the middle inhibitor but we killed the few that were live. Khaimera and Twinblast were the only two trying to fight everything but we ended up destroying their core. and we won. Whew!

That's why I hate when my team surrenders, it's not until it's over. There is always a chance to come back in my mind lol. I've had teams surrender when there are only two towers destroyed, it pisses me off so much.

I see a lot of surrenders that are kind of silly. Some however are for the best. It's all relative. If you have all 3 inhibs down, and they have all up, but you have great wave clear and are close to them on card power, you can easily come back if your team rallies. Lots of people just lose all hope too early.

GraveRobberX

Iggy seems so scary mannn. Burn burn burn!

As you posted the video I saw Iggy wreck shop, but RGSAce became tanky hella quick with new cards and putting in Intellect and Vitality and his gems coming online

So there's a give and take, Iggy now looks like the Best Zoner, also goddamn @Sun Wukong flipping one whole minion wave lol and then Gadget stealing it back, fucking hilarious

Ploid 3.0

As you posted the video I saw Iggy wreck shop, but RGSAce became tanky hella quick with new cards and putting in Intellect and Vitality and his gems coming online

So there's a give and take, Iggy now looks like the Best Zoner, also goddamn @Sun Wukong flipping one whole minion wave lol and then Gadget stealing it back, fucking hilarious

Yeah Paragon looks so friggin exciting in that build. Few more days!

They said Paragon open beta was like an actual beta, and it is showing. The game gets so realized each step of the way. I'm loving how it's looking in the early test videos of this new patch. So clean, new UI in and out of matches, nice looking changes to the map art, faster attacking, seemingly more ways to build with the new card system.

Espada

Slowly creeping towards my Rank 6 Diamond chests on Murdock and Sparrow. Don't know if I'll be able to make it before THE NEW DAWN hits. I've got a pretty decent batch of chests ready to open on the 8th.

GraveRobberX

Talk about knowing your future... lol
Post #2303 was premonition personified

Used my 2 Golden Keys.

First Golden Key; Doomsday Steel!: Aww Yiss!
RCjXGgJl.jpg

LqXghnEl.jpg

Second Golden Key; 700 Coins

Haha I know this game way to well that I knew what I was in line for this

Espada

That is absolutely ridiculous luck. Last time I got a golden loot crate key I wound up unlocking a skin for a character I don't even like, let alone use.

GraveRobberX

That is absolutely ridiculous luck. Last time I got a golden loot crate key I wound up unlocking a skin for a character I don't even like, let alone use.

I fucking called it!

Like watch me earn these and literally earn them lol

GraveRobberX

so the consensus is to open chests before the update?

If you want Coins, Reputation, chance at skins/keys/Emotes then you got till August 8th

Chest will change to cards/gems, chance still at Keys/stuff, and still have Chest within a Chest

What do you want more, Rep and Coins chance now or more Cards and/or Gems

By the way, All Heroes are Mastered to Level 5, Thank Fuck! that's over, Support isn't really great in Co-Op
Ready for August 8th!

Just needed 2,000XP to get Muriel to 5, then had one of the strangest games
We snatched Victory from the jaws of Defeat!:
Close to fucking 45:00 minutes
Thank fuck, I created a LOLDPS Muriel Deck for shits n' giggles, paid dividends in the end with Attack Speed and Power Haha!
BFdLsZDl.jpg

Longest fucking co-op game in Monolith ever!
Legacy I had a 1 hour 25 minute losing 3 players yet we still win scenario

XP rewarded, the max shown @2,100XP for Match Complete (Max) + @1,050 Victory Bonus (Max) add in the Boost of 100% of 3,150XP, nice chunk of XP. Wish I had the other Boost for Win, Double XP Event, and First Victory of the Day, *bites lip* @400% Boost, 15,750XP for one match 👀
iIGBuSBl.jpg

Ploid 3.0

I wanted to main Muriel but I only play vs AI (support doesn't feel that needed), and the whole shifting around on is she, isn't she useful right before Monolith and after. Then Phase came along, and now a new update. That whole change to shielding duration and such a few months ago didn't seem to help her much.

Xater

Decided t open my chests to unlock one more mastery. I discovered that Morigesh is really fun.

Also how do you play against more difficult bots in coop? I only get games with two star bits which are total stomps. I want to grind out some more mastery levels.

GraveRobberX

Decided t open my chests to unlock one more mastery. I discovered that Morigesh is really fun.

Also how do you play against more difficult bots in coop? I only get games with two star bits which are total stomps. I want to grind out some more mastery levels.

Depends on who the lowest Account level is on your team
Luck of the draw really

Every Account level Tier it jumps 1 Star.
1-19, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50
So if a player with lowest in mid 40's while everyone else capped at 50, 5 Star bots
If player Account level 5, well enjoy the 10 minute game and earn stars quicker

In Co-Op it just matches puts the whole Account level players from level 1 to 50 within the same pool
Quicker times for lobbies, cause if segregation perAccount level longer queues would've been the norm
Which they were for a little bit but got fixed right afterMonolith dropped

Xater

Depends on who the lowest Account level is on your team
Luck of the draw really

Every Account level Tier it jumps 1 Star.
1-19, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50
So if a player with lowest in mid 40's while everyone else capped at 50, 5 Star bots
If player Account level 5, well enjoy the 10 minute game and earn stars quicker

In Co-Op it just matches puts the whole Account level players from level 1 to 50 within the same pool
Quicker times for lobbies, cause if segregation perAccount level longer queues would've been the norm
Which they were for a little bit but got fixed right afterMonolith dropped

Ugh, so I am shot out of luck at account level 23 I guess.

24hr

I am loving playing this atm. Revenant is my go to character.
Oh and IGGY seems so OP. Khaimera usually fucks me up too.

Pookmunki

Graverobberx your enthusiasm for Paragon is commendable, I have a Countess at 10, Sparrow at 7 and various others between 1-3.

Getting to 5 on all is some feat!

Pookmunki

My Countess was from when xp boosters were given out like candy plus a surplus of boosters from the paid packs.

She is still my favourite hero, waveclear, jungle, ADC - she can do it all.

delSai

I really hate how most matches turn into Team Deathmatches where lanes dont seem to matter anymore. Please defend when the enemy is in front of your inhibitor, its more important than the river buff >_>

Also a guy threw the game so hard he attacked our inhib lol, i know it doesn't do anything but it was kinda ridiculous. Fun times, maybe it can only get better with the update

GraveRobberX

Graverobberx your enthusiasm for Paragon is commendable, I have a Countess at 10, Sparrow at 7 and various others between 1-3.

Getting to 5 on all is some feat!

Thanks

Just enjoy the game so damn much
I mean I do chase rewards, min/max for them here and there

Just happy that I'm enjoying playing a MOBA on console

I really hate how most matches turn into Team Deathmatches where lanes dont seem to matter anymore. Please defend when the enemy is in front of your inhibitor, its more important than the river buff >_>

Also a guy threw the game so hard he attacked our inhib lol, i know it doesn't do anything but it was kinda ridiculous. Fun times, maybe it can only get better with the update

Well lane rotation will matter a lot, if you roam and think Deathball is the way to go, you will be starved for gold and the issue compounds itself further along the match

Watching vids, whoever laned and didn't just abandon it for them to net themselves a chase kill prospered more
Hell now you can click Attribute points on the field, recalling only to slot in cards
So there shouldn't be any slowdown
Recall for your cards once you know you have your requirements met

Game is gonna change a lot, thought process of how Monolith played before and after New Dawn drops is almost like a new game.
Even if Wards are at a premium now, the mindset will need to change, no more ward plops nonchalantly and vision 3/4ths of the Monolith map
Map awareness is going to be huge!

Hell I watched a Khaimera jungle vid and the player playing and Im watching were startled as fuck, they going through the barrier into the jungle and a Riktor with like 45 Health not knowing where the enemy is and Khai not knowing where he is
Khai literally runs into him, 1 Basic attack, nets a kill lol

That is the new norm, vision really segmented everyone to know where everyone was at anytime, now you better know your comms and start learning Enemies Missing or Careful Lane cause those will be needed more

Mindlog

Thanks

Just enjoy the game so damn much
I mean I do chase rewards, min/max for them here and there

Just happy that I'm enjoying playing a MOBA on console
It's a good game and like you said soon we're basically getting the sequel :]
In case anyone wants to watch a nice send-off for the current state of the game, the exhibition tourney is starting in about 20 minutes.

Youtube Link

Twitch Link
Thanks! Will be peeking on on some matches as the tourney progresses.

CrimsonN0

Man, I don't even know how my team managed to win the match we had last night.
We had 2 of the enemies' inhibitors down while they had our 3 down and our core was below 30%. We also had 1 disconnect and 1 afk at that point.
Somehow or other while I was respawing, our Khimaera soloed the Prime and when all the enemy team were at our core, our Wukong somehow took all of them down.

Eggbok

Playing Belica as a support is so much fun. Played 3 games where their off lane was Feng Mao and he got wrecked in every game. Last game I didn't get to finish due to the power in the area going out. Sucks too because we just destroyed their left inhib and were working on the middle one.

Afro

I have to say the matchmaking / ELO system is weird in this game. I rarely have close competitive matches. Not sure if it's just the low population or something else because Overwatch comp has very consistent matchmaking where everyone feels like they're on the same skill level. In Paragon I might get a Decker who seems like it's their very first time playing the game and sometimes I'll get an amazing Sparrow who goes 22-0. Love the game, just hope the skill system improves.

TLDR; Feels like the ELO system takes too long to figure out where you're at skill-wise.

Stuff like this just shouldn't happen lol...

played my first pvp match. it didnt' go that well. i think because we were always chasing so they just ended up taking the tower. also my team doesn't realized the tower will shoot at you if the minions aren't there to take the hit lol. luckily as Phase i can hook them away.

Espada

Okay, I earned my 5th Diamond chest by getting Sparrow to Rank 6. No way in hell I'm getting Murdock up to 6 by Tuesday, though. He's still got half of that bar, most of my AI matches end in 7-10 minutes, and it took me ages to do the final quarter for Sparrow.

Still, I can't wait to crack those open and see what cards I get.

The Paragon stream just showed a match using the v42 build.

I have to admit...it's messy. The upped attack speed straight up makes carries OP. And not to mention looks goofy af.

delSai

I hope they patch out the Good Job. It would make the game like 60% less toxic. It's being used to demoralize the team in most cases, doin the opposite of what it's supposed to do. It has no use right now. I'd rather have a "Low on Mana" thing or something useful.

Also make it mandatory or whatever to pick lanes during draft. Not knowing where people wanna go and then you end up with Khaimera on off lane or with 2 junglers is dumb. But then again, i had 3 people pick off lane earlier... man this stuff is making me shake my head.

The Paragon stream just showed a match using the v42 build.

I have to admit...it's messy. The upped attack speed straight up makes carries OP. And not to mention looks goofy af.

Oh oh.
Yeah i hate how so many animations are just gone. First travel mode (which i really liked. RIP Muriels awesome animation) and now something like Howies reload. So much detail just gone.

Looking for people to play with. Sick of people not doing specific roles like they should.

PM me your Epic ID Name thing and ill add you tomorrow. No promises that ill stick around for long tho, im on the edge of deleting this game (again) should v42 be crap.

Toni

Looking for people to play with. Sick of people not doing specific roles like they should.

I'm a great Yin and Countess. Also have good Decks for Serath (I do 548 damage with her mid to late game) and Khaimera.

Tonymbou

I know how you feel. Add me up.

Top Bottom