• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC couch gaming. What are folks doing for mouse and keyboard?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Some PC games don't really allow game controller input. What are my options for couch gaming?

Schmendrick

CYCON%C2%B2_Black_1-1.jpg

I have one of these, but instead of using a Corsair keyboard I use a Logitech G915 TKL instead and it fits the slot very snugly.

61aOsJPBNcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Some PC games don't really allow game controller input.
Add the game to Steam (if it isn't already). You should be able to configure Steam Input to map your gamepad buttons to the KB&M inputs. Maybe someone else has done it already and you can just download their settings / gamepad profile.

I use this a lot on the Steam Deck, it's great for playing old ass games.

Last edited:

Catphish

Some PC games don't really allow game controller input. What are my options for couch gaming?
This is some jury-rigged business but, hey, it works.

I have one of those love seat recliners with the console/twin-cup holder gimmick in the middle. I sit on the left.

The console cup-holder area is the perfect size for a folded-up chess board. Upon the chess board sits a mouse pad. Upon the mouse pad sits a gaming mouse with a USB extension to the PC. Elbow on the arm rest, hand on the mouse.

On my left, I have one of those little gaming keyboards, also with USB extension, which sits over the cup holder at the end of my arm rest. Elbow on the arm rest, hand on the little keyboard.

A simple wireless keyboard sits in my lap, while a PS5 controller, with extra long USB cable, sits off to the side within arm's reach.

About as comfy and lazy as it gets. :)

Last edited:
lol wtf just use steam input for your controller on desktop, works a charm.

I find that its not reliable depending on the situation. If you play a game outside of Steam then Steam thinks its still in desktop mode and you get double inputs, and then you have to close Steam to get it to stop. Other times I find that if I right-click on an icon in my system tray to get to a context menu Steam input just completely stops and I need to reach for a mouse.

But yeah if all you're looking to do is use your controller to mouse over to an icon to launch a game it works fine for that.

Kataploom

Gold Member
For those games, I skip them. Most of the time they're on genres I don't care about (anything point and click) so I'm lucky. You can have a M&K combo around in a place you can easily take and some surface to use them comfortably, that's what I've done for online games (tho right now I just play those in my desk computer), it works, the alternative being on console or PC is not playing them anyway.

TrebleShot

I find that its not reliable depending on the situation. If you play a game outside of Steam then Steam thinks its still in desktop mode and you get double inputs, and then you have to close Steam to get it to stop. Other times I find that if I right-click on an icon in my system tray to get to a context menu Steam input just completely stops and I need to reach for a mouse.

But yeah if all you're looking to do is use your controller to mouse over to an icon to launch a game it works fine for that.
Yeah same issue I've had that's why I have Remote Mouse & KB installed on my phone for such occasions , once in game the controller will work.

Crayon

I just map stuff with steam input for games with no controller support. If its a strategy/builder I use the normal air mouse remote and half a controller for scrolling and hotkeys.

Top Bottom