• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamers Assemble, Let's Demand PC Ports From Sega!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I fudged up the little screenshot arrow and had to fix it.

vanquishaduca.jpg

bayonettay6ung.jpg

But how many are just going to wait for the Steam Sale?

No need. Pre-orders would be -50%, of course.

Riki

This will sadly never happen unless Valve pays for the ports themselves.
Sega simply doesn't want anything to do with games that aren't Sonic and Total War.

Sentenza

Price it smartly for a late port and people won't need to.
I bought Metal Gear Rising in preorder on Steam just because the price was that good, and that's even the game from Platinum I cared the least about.

Someone needs to do a Valkyria Chronicles Steam mockup. I've already tweeted the Vanquish one to Sega (so did one other person).

Grief.exe

So many people pre-ordered Rising day one that it was top of the Steam Sales chart for the first 48 hours it was on sale. This was during a Steam Sale I might add.

The pre-orders also exceeded the sales expectations over at Amazon.

They put these up, regardless of time, they will make money.

Jawmuncher

Vanquish on Steam.......oh man if that happened I think I wouldn't even need to buy any more steam games almost. Man those mock ups cut deep.

EMT0

Banned
Did my part, although I think I know why your Reddit thread died in flames. Demand, come on dude. Petition for, request, campaign for, convince, any of these words would do the deed better than trying to demand anything. All that wording probably ended up doing was drawing the Reddit console diehards like moths to a flame.

Zezboob

VF 5S - Good chance given the arcade version is basically a PC? Plus many fighters seem to be doing very well on PC KOF,SF,MK... This would be the first real 3D fighter on the PC. Big opportunity here for Sega.
Well... VF1 & 2 exist on PC.

Strangely, only the port of the 2 on Megadrive version is on Steam.

Momentary

Banned
I fudged up the little screenshot arrow and had to fix it.

vanquishaduca.jpg

bayonettay6ung.jpg

No need. Pre-orders would be -50%, of course.

This just seems so right. I saw these pictures and almost lost consciousness. I wouldn't wait for no damn sale either. I would give them 20 Gaben bucks day one for both of these games.

Saty

Wouldn't a petition be more effective? A single link to direct to Sega rather than various tweets. Also because this is directed to their Japanese HQ which makes those decisions and Japanese devs have been more receptive and encouraging a form of a signed petition.

I think you guys are a little crazy to be requesting Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see it happen, but I just...don't see it. I think focusing on a smaller number of more likely games would be better. More power though.

Platinum's games have a good shot though, could definitely see it happening. Especially after Rising's preorders doing so well.

Sentenza

After the actual release I would be curious to hear what the Platinum people think about how the game is selling on PC.
Topping Steam sales chart for a couple of days should already put this in the "Not too bad" territory, but I'm not sure if we should expect them to be just satisfied or genuinely amazed.

Peff

I think you guys are a little crazy to be requesting Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see it happen, but I just...don't see it. I think focusing on a smaller number of more likely games would be better. More power though.

Platinum's games have a good shot though, could definitely see it happening. Especially after Rising's preorders doing so well.

Valkyria Chronicles would do really well for sure. Just slap a "From the publishers of the Total War and Company of Heroes series", let double dippers cover the cost of the port on release, then enjoy extra sales from word of mouth and sales for years to come.

Almighty

Well I might have to break my no twitter vow and support this. Probably won't go anywhere, but Sega has a bunch of games I would by a PC port of in a heart beat. Persona 3 and 4 for example or Valkyria Chronicles. Dammit Sega why don't you want my money.

Valkyria Chronicles would do really well for sure. Just slap a "From the publishers of the Total War and Company of Heroes series", let double dippers cover the cost of the port on release, then enjoy extra sales from word of mouth and sales for years to come.

I don't think it wouldn't do well, I just think it would be a lot harder to convince the right people that the game would do well/get the right Japanese teams involved to port it, etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong! It's just really hard to get Japanese devs on board with this stuff. It's kind of a miracle that Platinum has been showing interest in the first place.

Peff

I don't think it wouldn't do well, I just think it would be a lot harder to convince the right people that the game would do well/get the right Japanese teams involved to port it, etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong! It's just really hard to get Japanese devs on board with this stuff. It's kind of a miracle that Platinum has been showing interest in the first place.

Oh, yeah, for sure, which is why this should probably have more of a central focus, but on the other hand at least there are recent precedents like Sonic Generations or Binary Domain. Maybe someone can contact Devil's Details and see if there's anything they can do on their end?

After the actual release I would be curious to hear what the Platinum people think about how the game is selling on PC.
Topping Steam sales chart for a couple of days should already put this in the "Not too bad" territory, but I'm not sure if we should expect them to be just satisfied or genuinely amazed.

I'm afraid PG might not comment at all, because Konami is the publisher and sometimes it's (only) up to them to comment.. And as far as I know Konami haven't been a particularly sharing bunch.

Wouldn't a petition be more effective? A single link to direct to Sega rather than various tweets. Also because this is directed to their Japanese HQ which makes those decisions and Japanese devs have been more receptive and encouraging a form of a signed petition.

Aye. Currently I don't feel like the campaign has any chance of working. Not even remotely.

It needs to be reworked and refocused.

clubstoic

Banned
I agree with you all. Everyone would buy Bayonetta, Vanquish, Panzer Dragoons, Shenmues, Virtua Fighter, etc. Why is it Dream Steam and not SteamCast? Sega box 2014 The time is now.

Dario ff

Banned
Oh, yeah, for sure, which is why this should probably have more of a central focus, but on the other hand at least there are recent precedents like Sonic Generations or Binary Domain. Maybe someone can contact Devil's Details and see if there's anything they can do on their end?
Devil's Details isn't an option I'm afraid from what they told me before via e-mail. This complicates the matter of the other non PG-games getting ports a lot.
Hi Dario,

Devil's Details doesn't accept work any more - in fact it's been dormant for quite a while now, hence you not getting a reply, everyone has moved on.

Best of luck,
Steve
I do agree with the line of thinking it should be a petition tho, and it should focus on Vanquish and Bayonetta mostly, they're our best chance since Platinum has likely gotten a lot of experience with the MGR port and would likely be willing to if Sega funds it. If you guys are able to organize this properly with a petition I can help much more easily.

Top Bottom