• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentagon Formally Releases 3 Navy Videos Showing 'Unidentified Aerial Phenomena' (also known as UFOs)

So you feel that this explanation is less likely than aliens?

The source being terrestrial is most likely. However, it cannot be tech from our civilization because of what it is capable of. We cannot build aircraft which can handle those forces and accelerate like that yet due to engineering constaints, so it being ours is less likely than anything else by default. It's as impossible to build for us now as a cellphone would be for the ancient Egyptians.

Again, I don't like people strawmanning any unconventional explanation as "aliens". That is a tactic of ridicule which has been used by the IC for decades to color the populace's perception of the UFO phenomenon. There are simpler terrestrial explanations which fit the facts, like a more advanced parallel/breakaway human civilization.

Texas Pride

Banned
The naysayers are always quick to say "why is the video or camera evidence so shitty"?. Or "why wasn't it caught on camera"? Then when presented with solid proof from the fucking US military no less they still deny what they're seeing. Truly fucking incredible.

mango drank

And for naysayers:, to spoil the fun, the videos have been analysed using basic observation skills and mathematics - and these are "likely two airplanes and a weather balloon."
As much as I want all this stuff to be aliens, every single time ... it's never aliens. :[

Honestly, I think any alien race that's advanced enough to make the infinitely long journey to Earth in a reasonable amount of time is also probably advanced enough to use means that are completely undetectable / invisible to us. They wouldn't just be a few hundred years ahead of us technologically; they'd be way, way, waaaaay farther ahead of us. Unimaginably far ahead.

So, funnily enough, these two statements...
A: All UFO sightings on Earth so far haven't actually been aliens.
B: Aliens have visited Earth, and might be watching us right now, and are completely undetectable.
... could both be true.

Ehhh, no such thing~ aliens exist (according to equations that work out the possibility of inhabitable planets in this galaxy), but not these dudes~

Last edited:

asustitan

Banned
I do believe in other life out there however, when you grasp how far the nearest star is away from here and time taken to travel (as an Earth observer). it is just infeasible that we have been visited.

Say an Alien could travel at light speed and decided to come here yesterday, If they could get here instantly, we would have to wait however many light years they are away, like 20000 years in the future for example.

Not to mention our signal of life foot print doesn't even get anywhere far at all,. So to outsiders, there is nothing of interest in this very part of the universe..

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
People never ponder the idea that perhaps EBE's have been here for awhile already. We know more about outer space than we do about our own oceans which IIRC is only like 3% explored and what we know about outer space is limited at best. Believing the human race is so special that there couldn't possibly be life elsewhere is what's truly crazy to me. You'd have to be pretty far up your own ass to really believe that.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Some batshit crazy stuff:
December 4th, 2018. The USPTO issues a mysterious patent to the Navy for a hybrid aerospace/undersea craft, capable of extreme speeds in water, air and space. It takes advantage of a quantum mechanics concept once thought impossible: manipulating microscopic fluctuations always present in the vacuum of empty space, quantum vacuum fluctuations and Casimir force.

Link to the patent itself, US10144532B2

This video spends a lot of time describing various unrelated physics effects in a tbh quite decent way, and then jumps to a bunch of completely unsupported conclusions. Squeezed vacuum, sounds kinda cool. It is kinda cool, but it has nothing to do with "breaking the vacuum". The former is in essence just light that obeys certain statistical properties, while the latter refers to something called the Schwinger effect which is the spontaneous creation of electron-positron pairs from extremely strong EM-fields. Anyway, they try to make some kind of analogy between superfluid helium and this plasma surrounding the hull, suggesting it would be in a coherent macroscopic state. I personally know the people who hold the current world record for the largest system shown to exhibit quantum coherence, and they would scoff at this even harder than I am lol. Even if you take it at face value, it has nothing to do with going fast. They talk about removing inertia and gravity and give no actual justification for it other than "we're pulling particles out of the vacuum so there'd be a void" - no you're not pulling particles out, you're creating them by depositing insane amounts of energy, and that vacuum (the EM-vacuum) has nothing to do with inertia or gravity in the first place.

I had a look at the patent itself and it's high level quackery.
patent said:
It is possible to reduce the inertial mass and hence the gravitational mass, of a system / object in motion, by an abrupt perturbation of the nonlinear background of local spacetime (the local vacuum energy state), equivalent to an accelerated excursion far from thermodynamic equilibrium (analogous with symmetry - breaking induced by abrupt changes of state / phase transitions). The physical mechanism which drives this diminution in inertial mass is based on the negative pressure ( hence repulsive gravity ) exhibited by the polarized local vacuum energy state (local vacuum polarization being achieved by a coupling of accelerated high frequency vibration with accelerated high frequency axial rotation of an electrically charged system / object) in the close proximity of the system / object in question

The EM-field vacuum has nothing to do with the spacetime background unless you get into a quantum gravity regime, and we don't have a theory for that. One doesn't speak about a "nonlinear background" and the spacetime is the background, there isn't a background of it. He's just throwing words together and saying nothing, this is not real science and don't be fooled into thinking it is.

StormCell

Is there video of these events?

I've had a chance to catch up on all the videos posted, and the short answer to your question is No. Strangely, we don't yet have any video from Commander David Fravor's plane that would show him circling the object and then turning his nose on it and having it vanish instantly. I watched the Joe Rogan video in the OP detailing this story -- I'm really only about 13 minutes in and it's been great.. There's a lot more to the story than the brief accounts in the news stories.

Having listened to Fravor, and I still do need to finish the video (it's like 2 hours though...), I think I have more questions now than before. According to Fravor, dozens of these objects had been tracked on radar for weeks. Dozens of objects would descend and hover over the water. But usually only when there were no training missions in progress. They apparently sent planes with no live arsenal to check out this object. I find all of this very interesting. And lastly, the video provided is from a follow up flight to go find the object (I guess...). Whatever it is, it is radar jamming, and TIL that is considered an act of war in international airspace (note to self).

StormCell

The navy sees something they haven't seen before. It MUST be aliens. Fairly sound thinking.

But I must be reading a different thread than you. I only see people drive-by posting in this thread about how it must be aliens. A few of the more genuinely interested posters are taking a long look at the released information and attempting to have an intelligent and interesting discussion about what these objects in fact are. And that's what makes the topic interesting is that the objects are real and not malfunctions or hallucinations. That opens up all sorts of interesting avenues for discussion, especially because they're no longer considered classified.

StormCell

What do you mean by "real?" Was there really something recorded? Sure. Was it an object? Maybe. Was it definitively something extra terrestrial? Hardly. Did you watch the debunking videos giving plausible explanations for how this could show up? I doubt it.

Why do I doubt it? Because, like I said before, whenever we see something that's so outside the norm that it either breaks the laws of physics or there are real reasons that have been observed in real life that could explain why it's happening, you usually default to reality.

Thaedolus, what I mean by real is this: the object appeared on radar. The Navy sent 2 planes to see what was up at that location. Both planes spotted the object from different views. One plane descended to get a closer look at the object. They viewed the object for quite a while from different angles. The object showed up visually as well as on other sensors including IR. The object was also seen hovering above breaking water. The object had no rotors, so it wasn't a helicopter, but it was apparently affecting the water it was hovering over.

You can continue to deny that the object definitively existed, but we rely on far less visual evidence to confirm the discovery of planets in other solar systems. If the Navy concludes that the object existed, then it 99.9% existed. And they don't claim to know what it was. That's somewhat more unsettling since I was hoping it was ours and not China's or Russia's.

Airola

Believing the human race is so special that there couldn't possibly be life elsewhere is what's truly crazy to me. You'd have to be pretty far up your own ass to really believe that.

Ok, so let's say I'm far up on my own ass for saying that (not that I necessarily say that but let's assume I do). Ok, done.
Then what?

It's not as if me being far up my own ass would mean I would be wrong. Selfishness of thought has zero to do with whether alien life exists or not. All that can be done with that is to make that claim about someone and hope that someone will be "I don't like to be far up my own ass so I have to believe something else" and change their view. It's only an intimidating and blaming tactic and nothing else.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Our brethen from another dimension are just checking in on us making sure we're alright and ready to help us out if sh!t really hits the fan with this climate stuff

V4skunk

Banned
Bro, my name is on several patents submitted to the US patent office which I’m sure will be never come to fruition. I’ve brainstormed lots of shit that won’t ever be made, but the home base wanted to protect just in case. Patent submissions don’t mean shit.
So why do they show all the math and link to all the research? Some one with the money and intelligence could make this stuff work.
Shit the gravity wave generator patent even explains what gravity is! And what it says isn't what mainstream science claims.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
That’s the reason for all the sightings lately, there probably like “nope I’m not dealing with this shit. I’m out of here”
I think it's more they came here hoping to be able to vote for Bernie for the nomination, but once he got fucked over again for Mr. Creeper, and hightailed it the fuck outta this shitshow.

Romulus

Pretty interesting. They claim nasa airbrushed ruins off the moon so that we can't see them. Apparently there are a few ancient spires, slender structures that are 2 miles high that astronauts have mentioned.

I haven't been following this closely, but some people believe aliens are based under the seas (like X-COM: TFTD). This is interesting because besides Mars some of the best candidate planets for harboring life (in our solar system) also have huge seas, covered in a shell of ice usually.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Thunderf00t analysis of the first of the three videos:

He finds a static point of reference on the ground and plugs in the known data.

It’s a bird.

Very good analysis. A bird is a good guess but at the same time how can he assume it was moving at all then?

I believe this video actually had no accompanying witnesses like other 2. So a very mundane explenation is a very high possibilty.

Very good analysis. A bird is a good guess but at the same time how can he assume it was moving at all then?

I believe this video actually had no accompanying witnesses like other 2. So a very mundane explenation is a very high possibilty.
Why didn't the navy do these calculations?

mango drank

Been thinking about this further. Any intelligent alien civilization that visits us would most likely be using faster-than-light travel of some sort to be able to make it to Earth in a reasonable amount of time, so that civilization would have to be far ahead of us technologically. And they'd actually have to travel much faster than light to make their trips convenient, so their technology would be preposterously more advanced than ours.

Meanwhile, the stuff in the footage being described with breathless wonder as being far beyond what we have today is, at most, I dunno, 200 years out--if that? "Oh boy, that blob sure is moving kinda fast, those aliens must be gods!"

Do you really think that an advanced alien civilization that visits Earth is, by some bizarre chance, only a few hundred years ahead of us technologically? Given the age of the universe, for any reasonably close alien species that's more advanced than we are, odds are it's going to be at least millions of years ahead of us technologically. I can't imagine human technology 1,000 years out--that's already god-like. But millions of years out? Forget about it. We're not even human anymore at that point. We're probably not even physical, or visible. I don't know what we are. We most likely don't have physical "ships," or "travel" in the sense we think of today, or do any of the things we do today that we naively try to extrapolate into the future.

With the above in mind, do you really think that 1) an alien civilization millions of years ahead of us technologically 2) would simply send a bunch of blobs doing vaguely impressive stuff, and 3) be dumb enough to let them be seen by our rudimentary million-year-old cameras? Sorry to say it, but that's a spectacular failure of the imagination, my friends.

I want it to be aliens, but it's not.

If it isn't US military equipment it will be Russian, Chinese or Private company owned.

Back in 2007 I saw an experimental jet move like nothing I have ever seen and the pilot was human. Remove all the equipment needed to keep the pilot alive, mix in the ability to pull more than 9G, and this video makes sense.

I would bet at least £1.57 on this UFO been drone operated.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
With the above in mind, do you really think that 1) an alien civilization millions of years ahead of us technologically 2) would simply send a bunch of blobs doing vaguely impressive stuff, and 3) be dumb enough to let them be seen by our rudimentary million-year-old cameras? Sorry to say it, but that's a spectacular failure of the imagination, my friends.
Imagine the aliens are trolls who are just fucking with us.

lol

Thunderf00t analysis of the first of the three videos:

He finds a static point of reference on the ground and plugs in the known data.

It’s a bird.

Obviously none of the military ever got into 16-bit parallax gaming, even street fighter II gotta go fast I suppose. You have to laugh at all those eggheads, technology and media falling down the UFO rabbit hole over parallax footage of a bird. One simple added technology of you know...maybe...just maybe...visible light standard camera footage to overlay/compare against infrared footage would show the bird for what it really is. I wonder how many tens of millions those cameras cost and they don't simultaneously record live footage with infrared footage.

cosmic wizard

Neo Member
This video spends a lot of time describing various unrelated physics effects in a tbh quite decent way, and then jumps to a bunch of completely unsupported conclusions. Squeezed vacuum, sounds kinda cool. It is kinda cool, but it has nothing to do with "breaking the vacuum". The former is in essence just light that obeys certain statistical properties, while the latter refers to something called the Schwinger effect which is the spontaneous creation of electron-positron pairs from extremely strong EM-fields. Anyway, they try to make some kind of analogy between superfluid helium and this plasma surrounding the hull, suggesting it would be in a coherent macroscopic state. I personally know the people who hold the current world record for the largest system shown to exhibit quantum coherence, and they would scoff at this even harder than I am lol. Even if you take it at face value, it has nothing to do with going fast. They talk about removing inertia and gravity and give no actual justification for it other than "we're pulling particles out of the vacuum so there'd be a void" - no you're not pulling particles out, you're creating them by depositing insane amounts of energy, and that vacuum (the EM-vacuum) has nothing to do with inertia or gravity in the first place.

I had a look at the patent itself and it's high level quackery.

The EM-field vacuum has nothing to do with the spacetime background unless you get into a quantum gravity regime, and we don't have a theory for that. One doesn't speak about a "nonlinear background" and the spacetime is the background, there isn't a background of it. He's just throwing words together and saying nothing, this is not real science and don't be fooled into thinking it is.

So why do they show all the math and link to all the research? Some one with the money and intelligence could make this stuff work.
Shit the gravity wave generator patent even explains what gravity is! And what it says isn't what mainstream science claims.

Kenneth Shoulders - Charge clusters

Top Bottom