• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are finding this photo offensive and people are asking CD Project Red to take it down.

Do you find the photo offensive and think it should be taken down?

• Yes it should be taken down (Explain why)

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • No I think it fits the setting of the game and should stay up

Votes: 598 97.2%

• Total voters

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I think they could go through the game, tag all "offensive" content (posters and such) in this vein as "TRIGGERS_VULNERABLE_PLAYERS" and filter it via a settings toggle. Replace the tagged content with other posters. They've got the filtering already set up after all. So that'd be a secondary pass.
But who'd pay them for that? Maybe make a GoFundMe campaign?

There's a live suicide also, it's been in the trailers as well; not sure how one would filter that. But they've got that one shader for filtering a person in one braindance, maybe they could use that for offensive animations and stuff?

Another thought: Is the content packing method already known? The pictures at least could then be replaced by user mods.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Those 16 voters on the poll right now,
aO9nso.gif

Nymphae

Banned
My only issue with it, not knowing too much about the tone of their narrative, is that it seems more like a joke you'd see in a GTA game or something, it's just a little to wacky, I don't know that I buy a corporation trying to sell depression pills with that imagery. It works for dark humour but I'm not sure what the tone of Cyberpunk overall is.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Who's the 2.7% here?

My only issue with it, not knowing too much about the tone of their narrative, is that it seems more like a joke you'd see in a GTA game or something, it's just a little to wacky, I don't know that I buy a corporation trying to sell depression pills with that imagery. It works for dark humour but I'm not sure what the tone of Cyberpunk overall is.

Honest question......how many preview videos have you watched of this game so far?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Honest question......how many preview videos have you watched of this game so far?

I don't have a number, I don't know. I've watched a good number of performance videos this week that's about it, don't really want to know a ton about the narrative.

Would be a heavy photo in the real world.

But this photo is in a WORK OF FICTION.

If you are offended, go play Dream Daddy instead.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don't have a number, I don't know. I've watched a good number of performance videos this week that's about it, don't really want to know a ton about the narrative.

Okay, that makes sense then. I'll just say, that advertisement goes "perfectly" with the themes and setting of the game.

Hustler

Wait, so are we going to start retconning movies, games and books of free speech because a very small vocal group is shouting?

Don't let them watch Equilibrium where feelings are suppressed with drugs because the root of all evil and wars is feeling / expressionism. That's where we are headed if we want to continually play the offended card and have content removed from something we didn't create. If you don't like it.... guess what, don't play it, don't watch it, don't follow. There are countless books that would offend many these days, but these people will never take the time to read every book on the planet to selectively choose which parts of books need to be removed because someone is offended.

Do I love the image,? no. Does it convey the state of that world which is bleak and lifeless? Sure, I can tell that without even playing the game.

Stop censoring this stuff.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

If CD Projekt Red caves and starts making changes to appease the twitter morons, it will be the first, and also guilt-free refund I'll be asking of them.

I am otherwise willing to wait for them to fix the game breaking bugs.

The free pass is revoked the moment they start to butcher their own game.

Could a game like GTA V even come out today? I mean I know its been a long 7 years at this point, but I feel like people don't get parody or sarcasm. Does anyone look at this and go oh man, this totally glorifies suicide and makes it look cool? Like this game is a dystopian setting, the whole thing.....WTF

ShadowNate

Could a game like GTA V even come out today? I mean I know its been a long 7 years at this point, but I feel like people don't get parody or sarcasm. Does anyone look at this and go oh man, this totally glorifies suicide and makes it look cool? Like this game is a dystopian setting, the whole thing.....WTF
Honestly, I think if a company can withstand the years without releasing a new game, they probably should until the lunacy is over and done. Any company that is. Woke games or "SJ sanitized" games are going to look especially ridiculous in a few years' time and consumers will probably won't be that eager to forget how their favorite developers or products turned to shit because of a misguided ideology and inane sensitivities.

Shame that CP had to come out in a year with both a pandemic and a peak of the SJ craze but the developers and the publisher has to man up and deal with the aftermath of a broken release. If they want to add to that "caving to the disturbed idiots", they'll have to deal with the consequences of that too.

kyussman

Can the few people who voted that it should be taken down explain why......remember,you are allowed to voice your opinion over here,even if it goes against the consensus....you won't be banned,lol.

Dunki

Rockstar said that VI is currently not possible because of the actual atmosphere right now. PC Police etc. So I doubt 5 would be able to go well in terms of media attention

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Rockstar said that VI is currently not possible because of the actual atmosphere right now. PC Police etc. So I doubt 5 would be able to go well in terms of media attention

i dont believe that, the world cant be governed by a few crazy cunts who shout loudest on Twitter, nobody should give a fuck about Twitter and it should die a death alongside all social media

Anyone remember this? One of the most critical acclaimed games of the 7th gen, spawner of memes, and they led with this in one of the trailers:

tumblr_inline_nmi1knXewJ1r1n7e8_1280.jpg

Fucking insane what the world has turned into - MGS2 + Demolition Man. It's an ever escalating nightmare. They want total control and nothing but banal, unoffensive content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom