• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena Gamechariot Videos!

cj_iwakura

I need to watch these Akihiko vids. I saw one where Yukiko and range characters kept bodying him.

Akihiko wouldn't stand for that ish!

Been watching some more videos. Good to see people are getting used to the system and using some cool combo's. Does anyone know how many characters there will be in total?

SUPARSTARX

Been watching some more videos. Good to see people are getting used to the system and using some cool combo's. Does anyone know how many characters there will be in total?

I think so far we're up to 12. I hope we get a few more but I don't really want to see this roster blow up too big haha.

OMG Aero

I thought the shadow versions of characters were just palette swaps, is shadow Labrys a unique case or is she just a palette swap too?

shtkn

she does, but its much more limited; ground special attack that only shoots straight forward, can be ducked iirc.

followups are
hold forward to go to opponent
hold forward + A for overhead
hold forward + B for low
or do fireball A+B for slice through opponent.

I had an amazing string of victories at the game center tonight.

I've played some 60+ rounds so far and had about 23 wins (I know), but tonight two of the top players in Nagasaki were playing. After getting rocked by a super strong Kanji, I managed to come back in the second match and knock him off the machines.

That was followed up with a Chie mirror match. The player had some 537 wins, but I somehow managed to beat him in two sets. He gave up and got on the machine next to mine.

Feeling totally awesome right now. XD

SUPARSTARX

I had an amazing string of victories at the game center tonight.

I've played some 60+ rounds so far and had about 23 wins (I know), but tonight two of the top players in Nagasaki were playing. After getting rocked by a super strong Kanji, I managed to come back in the second match and knock him off the machines.

That was followed up with a Chie mirror match. The player had some 537 wins, but I somehow managed to beat him in two sets. He gave up and got on the machine next to mine.

Feeling totally awesome right now. XD
Beefy.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I know Akihiko has a mountain to climb but damn if I don't watch high level matches. When I see xxxx vs xxxx(Akihiko) I sit down, watch, study & route for the player.

Yeah, Mass Destruction plays during mirror matches involving P3 characters. (ex Aki vs Aki)

I thought I read somewhere that it was Meguro, but I could be wrong.

I also recall reading it was Meguro, but I can't remember where I found that info. I should really just check the credits next time. >.>

Youtube uploader Jourdal, from Blazblue, has uploaded one of the first videos for Persona 4: Arena. I will link more as people find them.

Mitsuru v. Naoto P1:
Ladies, please. Theres no need to fight over me.

Seriously though, this game is looking good.

I can just about make out a small bit of Electronica in Velvet Room from the P4 soundtrack playing in the background at about the 2:35 mark, I'm curious to see where that is used in the game.

It's Battle For Everyones Soul, at least the part that you mentioned is. The rest was indistinguishable to me.

Elizabeth looks cheap as fuck :lol

90% Super and that troll ass throw

I can bearly contain myself

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Labrys is the lovechild of Hazama and ABA

I will buy 100 copies of this game.

OMG Aero

What are the chances of this having a tutorial or something when it comes to consoles?
I don't play a lot of fighting games and whenever I watch a video of the game I have no idea what the fuck is going on or what anyone is saying when they talk about the gameplay in this thread.

danmaku

What are the chances of this having a tutorial or something when it comes to consoles?
I don't play a lot of fighting games and whenever I watch a video of the game I have no idea what the fuck is going on or what anyone is saying when they talk about the gameplay in this thread.

High chances that a tutorial will be there. It's an Arcsys game and they included an excellent tutorial in all versions of BlazBlue. It probably won't explain the fighting game lingo (overhead, reversal, oki, etc.), though.

OMG Aero

Hmm is there a source for that? Also how much will it be sold for?
Video Games Plus and Amazon has that release date on their pages and are selling it for $60.
But obviously that could just be a placeholder date since I don't think there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

Top Bottom