• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

MoonFrog

Ms. Chuono wouldn't require any stupid stat block or money requirement. All you gotta do is visit the karoake at night and it'll trigger a social link.

Hmmmm...I like seeing the school as a stable of ~sex workers, though.

Having too much fun imagining an analogous Ushimaru social link by myself...lol

There's a disturbing lack of Haru in this thread nowadays:
m0zuHS.jpg

Oh that's damn adorable.

Also, early design for Kawakami:

gM8RzY.jpg

Kawakami? Not Tae?

Replaying mid-
September
when you first talk to Haru and help her move the soil cart.

...there's something super meta about the way Makoto just comes in out of nowhere and takes over the scene.

They know - they know and they did it anyway.

This person is all about the fluffygoodness and it's pretty great.

Love their art.

A lot of the Haru stuff I posted before came from them - this gem included:

Laughing Banana, I take your unquoted, giant shipping image as a declaration of Fanart War.

Bring it.

Haru has properly entered the fray now with her confidant link (blimey, that took some time!) and now it's a battle between her and Kawakami.

Hardest. Decision. Ever.

At last you've seen the light that is Haru's confidant. Do not lie to yourself, for you know her to be the one true fluff, the one true waifu.

MoonFrog

Dont even know who Ushimaru is... only beat Palace 4....

Guy who throws chalk.

So him getting hard ass on you about coinage and social ills and throwing chalk as romance. IDK forcing you to do drills and stuff. So instead of Master/Maid, he's the master.

Mediking

Guy who throws chalk.

So him getting hard ass on you about coinage and social ills and throwing chalk as romance. IDK forcing you to do drills and stuff. So instead of Master/Maid, he's the master.

Lmao what the....? You mean the teacher with the black hair and glasses and looks 40 or something?

I probably like the original design more aesthetically, but yes the bolded is 100% true and it is a good change.

I'm in the same boat, I agree that it's not a great fit for the character because the original design looks much more self-assured and put-together. Plus she looks kind of like a model. But out of context, I like the design!

Homely is harsh. But she reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the woman who looks hot in some lighting, and not in others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeUrC2gR30

Not meant in a bad way. Kawakami isn't ugly by any means - she's designed to be attractive like a regular person, rather than attractive in the "hollywood pretty" sense - and that is part of her charm. No one at her maid office would be turning her away or giving a shit about her age if she looked like Sae.

MoonFrog

I win at everything.

:) And she'll make you homemade ones next year!

Music notes for continuity and pushing dedication...

Tbh. I like Makoto a lot.

Lmao! Jokeress would NOT care for him.

Oh I can see it. Say guy has dead wife and is saddled with paying off end-of-life fees from a terminal illness they fought together. He turns to sex work for the cash upon Kawakami's suggestion.

Then he ends up with you...and it feels so wrong but so right and that sort of undermines his master persona, but you also both want him to be a master so...it swings back and forth and romance ensues. :p

Edit:

I mean think about it. You could have the tragic death conversations and the "will he pull away or not" conversations and you could be the character subverting the fetish play like Kawakami does when she takes over your room.

It'd be a clear way to parallel Kawakami and also play with the same themes by turning them a bit around.

And it'd turn FeMC into expert mode because Ushimaru is NOT going for a measly 5k a night :p.

Wouldn't go so well with the social link skills though...

Edit 2:

Also, experienced male with tragic romantic past is very much a successful type.

Edit 3:

And he'd definitely need a coin collection! And showcase just what an axe he has to grind against people who think the bank of Japan issues the coins.

Anyone who's interested should check out the art book btw. I'm a huge Soejima fanboy (I'm sure most of you are as well) and have most of his books anyway so I'm biased — but it's full of great stuff. I've seen some disparity between the JP version being 512 pages while the ENG one due out next month is only meant to be 400 pages, but I'm not sure what's up with that though.

You can definitely see how his hart has changed subtly over the years, and his technique has moved into more "painterly" sketches where he seems to block out the silhouettes directly and refine the shape by painting. I think there are a few live stream videos of him sketching stuff online for anyone interested.

cj_iwakura

As an advocate of Team Tae, her romance route is pretty damn boring, though maybe it's a commentary on the downside of dating an adult with a full time job.

cj_iwakura

Tae's storyline, personality, and design are all top tier, but there are two problems: 1. her VA is kind of flat at rank 10, and 2. she stops calling you her little guinea pig.

And her dialogue in no way reflects your relationship when you go to visit her later. Would have been nice if she had some sweet nothing VO if you shop there and have a relationship with her.

Tae is probably gonna be my choice in new game +, loved her style and the quality of her romance + confidant.

Not to mention she has her own music and has the best dates.

Mediking

*starts the social link with Chihaya* Interesting.... kinda cute...

*tries to flirt with Makoto in a social link and realizes she doesn't like upfront flirting* Jeez...

*starts the social link with Chihaya* Interesting.... kinda cute...

*tries to flirt with Makoto in a social link and realizes she doesn't like upfront flirting* Jeez...

Makato is sort of inconsistent in that just as a heads up. She actually likes it in Hawaii for example (I actually reloaded, when I realised the fairly direct appearance compliment works for literally everyone else and decided to check and sure enough it gets 3 notes.)

Top Bottom