• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

tumblr_ogyv591HYy1sifqsjo1_540.jpg

Best spy.

What nah! I googled them... just reminded me of some of the quiz questions in this. Like how in the world am I supposed to know about the legendary magistrate or whatever. Now my knowledge is 4 creeping on 5, I wish Becky let me skive off class more reliably.

Oh lol, sorry, I thought you were being facetious.

Nah, after getting Futaba to Rank 9 and seeing the way her link went I still don't really get a little sister vibe from her at all. I guess I just don't see Sojiro as a surrogate dad cause I've known him for like 9 months? And Futaba's actions and way she was around me never felt like a sister. What do I know tho, I hate my fucking sister so I never really got a sister relationship to know in my life that wasn't antagonistic.

She really likes you too so much like turning down the other girls, it's pretty obvious when you can see their heart break.

I'm only on rank 3 for Sojiro on the 4th dungeon bc I hate that I have to brew coffee to even open up his rank up. Anyone know how many times I have to do it? I'd really like his rewards but I usually pick other confidants.

Just finished the game

that post valentine-scene if you date every girl is amazing! Especially the message of the poor ryuji just after that! Also i'm glad i chose futaba during this scene, i tried again with someone else to see futaba's dialogue when every girl confront you, and she was the only one crying, that was sad to watch :(

Can someone post a summary of each girls reaction if you turn them down on rank 9? Can't find it on youtube, only the romance one!

JMY86

The problem with Ryuji isn't so much that he's loud, is that he's such an idiot who gets pissed off way too easily. So many problems your group faces are either due to him or they get worst because of him. And he also flips the fuck out at everyone.

I didn't mind him as 'the brute' but yeah I would have loved to have been only regular friends with him and be besties with yusuke.

I find Ryuji to be extremely irritating and pretty fucking useless in general. He is not close to being Prompto level annoying but pretty damn irritating nonetheless. I started rolling with Yusuke and haven't once looked back.

Man I really wish Haru had more time with the cast and to develop as a character cause even though she's all wimpy and sawft she really likes joking around with the MC and has this weird earnestness that's kinda nice to see.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Finished the game at 124 hours.

The Christmas and Valentine day scenes with Makoto are so sweet.

Now contemplating on who to romance next playthrough, either perhaps Futaba or Haru (it's surprising how much I ended up liking her, she's such a sweetheart)

I'm only in August (8/19 to be specific), but I have Ann's Confidant rank sitting at 8 because I know level 9 is when the romance option is introduced for the ladies.

I'm kiiiiiiiinda leaning towards her as "My Best Partner" (that's the trophy you get for romancing someone lol), but I don't even have the full Phantom Thieves party assembled! I at least wanna see my other options. >.> So, I think Ann's gonna be sitting at rank 8 for a while lol.

Yeah, Makoto follows you almost everywhere for a while.

I...actually didn't like her much to begin with.
Game does a good job of having her be antagonistic towards you (it kinda felt like this is how Naoto in P4 should have gone if she weren't such a late addition to the investigation team). I particularly LOVED it when Ann called her out on not doing shit on the whole Kamoshida incident.
I'm just now starting to warm up to her as she's had development.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
When I played through the JP version, I was all about Haru. Now that I'm playing the en version I'm leaning towards Makoto or Becky.

I guess voice acting really does help some.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm at about 55 hours in , july 14th, am I half way through the game? Trying to finish this before I go on a business trip on tuesday.

You're not beating this game in time. I'm about 57 hours in and I'm in late August.

Imagine if the sexes were reversed.

I understand how that can be perceived as hypocrisy on the game/developer's part considering the first boss, but I don't really see what that has to do with people who go for her.

Lusankya

I would like this, yes. No reason for them to be alone forever!

Yeah, why couldn't they make Ryuji x Ann a thing?

I mean at 12/19
when they think Ryuji died you can see how devastated Ann is. Why was his return scene played for laughs? Instead of hitting him Ann could have hugged him or something more friendly. :(

Yeah, why couldn't they make Ryuji x Ann a thing?

I mean at 12/19
when they think Ryuji died you can see how devastated Ann is. Why was his return scene played for laughs? Instead of hitting him Ann could have hugged him or something more friendly. :(

that's my only real complain about the persona serie... the need to be able to date every girls stop Writers to be more free to do what they want with the different relationships between characters!

Sure i get why they do it, but it would be nice to still have some characters that you aren't able to date because they have other love interest Would have loved that in p4 with kanji and naoto! The shit that junpei goes through in p3 is also pretty nice!

Top Bottom