• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

90% sure I've decided on Makoto.

Even if her S-Link isn't the best, she has a ton of fantastic moments in the game, and she's
the one I walked on the beach in Hawaii with
too; not to mention that you just can't beat a Motorcycle Persona and that awesome vest.

... The 10% uncertainty comes from the emotional haymaker that is Haru's rejection reaction.

90% sure I've decided on Makoto.

Even if her S-Link isn't the best, she has a ton of fantastic moments in the game, and she's
the one I walked on the beach in Hawaii with
too; not to mention that you just can't beat a Motorcycle Persona and that awesome vest.

... The 10% uncertainly comes from the emotional haymaker that is Haru's rejection reaction.

Reject Haru and then go out on a date with Makoto. You'll feel better.

A.J.

Banned
One pro to Haru over Makoto is that for Valentine's Day
Haru makes you chocolate while Makoto buys you some.

Reject Haru and then go out on a date with Makoto. You'll feel better.

They're both so good though.

tumblr_oovzw6yy5f1rqmxy5o1_r2_1280.png

tumblr_oovzw6yy5f1rqmxy5o2_r1_1280.png

Astral

I kinda spoiled myself and saw some of the Valentine's Day events on YouTube.
So this MC leaves in March too? Damn. None of these relationships are gonna last. It's kinda sad.

OniBaka

Did Haru's s.link yesterday and rejected her because I was already with Makoto but god damn, way to make me feel like shit.

-Horizon-

Hmm. I'm really now just focusing on maxing out all my social stats first before doing any more confidant stuff.
I'm being locked out of too many other ranks too often. Might as well make it easier on myself on new game+.
Maxed knowledge. Have 4s in everything else.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
omg how do u get it

Sacrifice Michael + Black Imitation Gun (which you can purchase in the Black Net, make sure you buy the broken laptop from the shop near LeBlanc + the repair kit from Akihabara when the game allows you to)

It's really something else because *NONE* of the other weapons, melee or otherwise, give that kind of bonus to the character, only her. Heck not even the MC's best weapons give that kind of bonus.

jonjonaug

NG+: Turns out Futaba does have special Sunday events like other party members, but because she normally doesn't show up on Sundays you can't get them until the very end of the game, and then only if you clear the second to last dungeon early. Even then there's only time to get one of them because there's literally only one day in the entire game to get the event (the Sunday after this is the dungeon aftermath), you need to reload the game to see both.

Also her not-Disneyland date is hilarious.

Defuser

At the school festival event, something tells me Haru has a natural liking towards the MC. When it ask me to pick Makoto whom I'm dating or Haru for the festival event...which strikes me odd since I never got a chance to hang out with her to rank up with her.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
LOL at people saying Makoto's persona is awesome (it's a goddamn BIKE!) only for ATLUS to complete screw it over by deleting that once you reach level 10 and giving her... whatever that Persona is, lol.

Her Persona changed from the best looking to probably the worst.

LOL at people saying Makoto's persona is awesome (it's a goddamn BIKE!) only for ATLUS to complete screw it over by deleting that once you reach level 10 and giving her... whatever that Persona is, lol.

yeah but in exchange, she does a jojo pose when she summons

Jintor

Y'all know making chocolate is basically 1 buy cooking chocolate, 2 melt it, 3 put it in the fridge in a new shape right

KraytarJ

Everyone in p5's persona gets worse upon second awakening.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
yeah but in exchange, she does a jojo pose when she summons

At least it gave her that pose where she summons the Persona

Well... that's true.

Everyone in p5's persona gets worse upon second awakening.

But only she holds the distinction of changing from the best looking in the game--hell, probably in the entire series--to the worst one.

Anyways,

This is a waifu thread, so WHY DON'T WE HAVE A POLL RUNNING?

Moonlight

Banned
But only she holds the distinction of changing from the best looking in the game--hell, probably in the entire series--to the worst one.
That title goes to Haru and Milady. Goes from an incredibly striking and elegant design that nails everything about her character to a light-up Halloween decoration that someone who thought they were being funny stuck cones onto. It's such a step down that it genuinely makes me reconsider getting to rank 10 with her again, and she's who I'm planning on romancing on my second run.

Makoto's is lame because it takes the coolest concept for a Persona and just makes it another Persona (and a Bayformer at that), but it's not nearly as bad as Haru's.

why do you need a poll, we all know Makoto is the most popular one.

Popularity means diddly fucking squat when it comes to quality though.

beep boop I do believe the equation to relationships involves a formula where two specimens go into a restaurant and consume calories while discussing about their daily events beep boop

Yeah, it was super disappointing to see Makoto's Persona change from an awesome as hell pope-cycle to a
fucking transformer
. Haru's was almost as bad a change, too. On that note, none of the persona transformations I've seen so far have been positive except for Futaba's.

why do you need a poll, we all know Makoto is the most popular one.

Popularity means diddly fucking squat when it comes to quality though.

beep boop I do believe the equation to relationships involves a formula where two specimens go into a restaurant and consume calories while discussing about their daily events beep boop

Yea that sums up Makoto really well.

She reverts right back to that once her arc is over, and it makes it hard for me to see what people see in her. The only thing she has going for her is her Persona.

Yea that sums up Makoto really well.

She reverts right back to that once her arc is over, and it makes it hard for me to see what people see in her. The only thing she has going for her is her Persona.

Once her arc is over? I'm at 11/25 and she's not nearly as robotic now as she was pre Palace 3. If anything, I'd say her S-Link is what sets her back, and she's actually one of the better characters in the main story.

If Haru had as much development and time to shine as Makoto does, I have little doubt I'd have been swayed to pick her.

TheStig88

Yeah, it was super disappointing to see Makoto's Persona change from an awesome as hell pope-cycle to a
fucking transformer
. Haru's was almost as bad a change, too. On that note, none of the persona transformations I've seen so far have been positive except for Futaba's.
Cripplingly disappointing. I immediately regretted taking her to rank 10 lol. Not looking forward to seeing Haru's from the sound of it.

Azzanadra

Just a quick quetsion from someone who has never played a persona game and doesn't really know much about the franchise anyways:

Isn't it kind of fucked up to have a "waifu" in this game since these are all high schoolers anyways? I mean 2nd year, that's like the 10th grade right?

Isn't it kind of fucked up to have a "waifu" in this game since these are all high schoolers anyways? I mean 2nd year, that's like the 10th grade right?

The player character - and some of the romancable characters - are second years, and only a year younger (17) than how old you need to be to buy the game in North America. (18) Then there are third years, who are of age, and adults.

It's more awkward when you throw characters like Tae Takemi (Late Twenties) and Futaba Sakura (15) into the mix.

Once her arc is over? I'm at 11/25 and she's not nearly as robotic now as she was pre Palace 3. If anything, I'd say her S-Link is what sets her back, and she's actually one of the better characters in the main story.

If Haru had as much development and time to shine as Makoto does, I have little doubt I'd have been swayed to pick her.

I still find her very bland post development while she's generally better at not listening to terrible adults any longer, but she still comes across as the every man among the thieves and is overshadowed by the rest of them.

Which was disappointing for me after the promise she showed in her awakening cut scene. Haru's late addition put her in an even worse position than that.

To be fair, though I find most of the character development for most of the characters takes a back seat for plot in the second half of the game.

Just a quick quetsion from someone who has never played a persona game and doesn't really know much about the franchise anyways:

if this is something that bothers you to the point you need to ask the question, then keep in mind that there is also an option for older adult women, including your teacher, to be your lover.

Ultimately many of us are just joking around and having fun. I'm not about to go buy Ann memorabilia and like put a poster of her on my wall.

If it bothers you too much, you have the option to simply be friends with all of them. But ultimately many in here choose their romantic interest based on which character they like more. It's not like you're creating a character and him being a self-insert. MC has a clear backstory and very few dialogue options to the point his personality isn't going to be wildly different depending on the person. He's an established character, you can always choose someone based on who you think he'd click with more.

To be fair, though I find most of the character development for most of the characters takes a back seat for plot in the second half of the game.

Which really sucks, considering that's when Haru joins... Would have loved to know her better outside her social link.

(For those who are wondering, still haven't decided between Makoto, Tae, and Haru)

LotusHD

Banned
Which really sucks, considering that's when Haru joins... Would have loved to know her better outside her social link.

(For those who are wondering, still haven't decided between Makoto, Tae, and Haru)

Damn it BRS...

-

Finished Mishima, Hifumi, and Haru's S-Links.

Mishima, I'll still happily shit on you because it's tradition, but you're alright.

Haru - Rejecting her was pretty rough, but not as bad as y'all made me believe. Then again, she probably cried off-screen or something. Her story was nice, and admittedly, I've grown quite used to her voice. Good character in the end despite being introduced so late.

Hifumi - I initially thought her story (and her) were bland as fuck. She herself still kinda is, but I enjoyed it. The reveal that she's
actually shit at Shigi,
or more accurately, nowhere close to being professional level was surprising. Must be brutal knowing that you were so mediocre at something you loved so passionately.

Top Bottom