• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

Dang it flux, now you've got me looking it up. It's definitely nowhere on Famitsu.com, nor their twitter.

Anywhere I go traces it back to the two users you said, and it all says "cleaned", but it's definitely not photoshopped. I wonder if there was an asset package sent out to japanese websites? I kind of doubt that given it has the explicit Famitsu logo on it.

FluxWaveZ

My final update on the image thing: Well, I don't think anyone's going to be able to give a conclusive answer at this point.

The earliest points in time that I could find where the image was found on the internet was September 23, 2015 at 1:24 PM EST, where it was found on the AllGamesBeta Twitter and some Japanese image board (possibly 2ch) at the same exact time. The images uploaded were of different resolutions, too, so it's unlikely that one took it from the other.

Speaking of resolutions, I at least found a higher resolution version of the image through the Japanese image board compared to what people have been using everywhere instead (which is the smaller AGB version).
ybOSxEE.jpg
Unfortunately, AGB doesn't remember where it came from, so the answer's been obscured on that front.

The Japanese image board had uploaded full scans from Famitsu (at 1:23 PM EST) alongside this "clean" cover art picture at 1:24 PM EST. Because this was ~2.5 hours later than when the Famitsu scans were surfacing around 11:00 AM, it probably means they were all coming from the same person, and therefore the same source which was the magazine itself (though, they were separated in two different posts, with the feature scans at 1:23 PM and the "clean cover art" at 1:24 PM).

Combined with the similarities this has to some other bonus merchandise included in magazines, the most logical assumption is one of these:

1. This issue of Famitsu magazine—or at least select copies of it—contained a poster or clear file for the Persona 5 cover. Somehow, this was mentioned literally nowhere, and there were literally no pictures floating around of this poster or clear file.
  2. This was a promotional poster for the magazine sent to retailers alongside its release. A staff member didn't respect the "Not for Sale" part, and a person went home with the poster along with their magazine to scan everything (if it wasn't the staff member themselves).
I think it's #2.

Edit: Wait, the higher image resolution version wasn't even that new, and is one of the easier things to find if that's what my focus was. There's even a way larger one:
Ah well x 2. Mysteries abound!

Sophia

The 3215 x 3980 version looks horrible when examined closely. I think your larger one there might just be one that was blown up to that size after it was scanned in. Like someone used the resize feature in paint or something.

EDIT: And blowing the smaller one up to 3215x3979 does indeed provide a virtually identical image as your second larger image there.

FluxWaveZ

The 3215 x 3980 version looks horrible when examined closely. I think your larger one there might just be one that was blown up to that size after it was scanned in. Like someone used the resize feature in paint or something.

EDIT: And blowing the smaller one up to 3215x3979 does indeed provide a virtually identical image as your second larger image there.

I thought as much when I saw the bigger image, too. Either way, taking the original image and upping the resolution to that extent would probably not make for great quality, anyways... well, assuming that it was around a B2 size thing in the first place.

On a non technical note: The P5 character designs thus far are easily the sleekest Soejima's done for any piece of media. They're so effortlessly cool. And the new school uniforms are so snazzy. Just felt like saying this again.

Sophia

On a non technical note: The P5 character designs thus far are easily the sleekest Soejima's done for any piece of media. They're so effortlessly cool. And the new school uniforms are so snazzy. Just felt like saying this again.

If you ask me, the pants for the guys are kind of... tacky and old-fashioned. :\

arue

Yeah I agree with you on the bolded part. The character designs look simpler but still are distinguishable from other anime/video game characters.

For example, Yusuke has a plain ol' buttoned shirt with a small symbol, plain black pants, and some keys hanging on the sides. Meanwhile P3MC has the whole school jacket, mp3, and headphones (they're a pain to draw).

Lusankya

If you ask me, the pants for the guys are kind of... tacky and old-fashioned. :\

I think they're pretty cool. Even if Ryuji could freely choose pants for his punk outfit he would probably still use the school pants.
I like the design so much it's actually a shame we can't really see Ann's skirt, so I hope one of the other female group members will show her skirt more prominently.

_Ryo_

Random P3 Question.

Anyone explore every single area/ room available? Even when you knew it was futile?

I did. All those empty dorm rooms. X_X

I actually had dream last night where I was endlessly searching the dorms looking for lost headphones. Lol

Yes, I've probably been everywhere P3 lets me go at some point. My playthroughs are approaching double digits, after all.

There's a reason to go to one of the empty dorm rooms at one point, if you didn't know about that already.

Random P3 Question.

Anyone explore every single area/ room available? Even when you knew it was futile?

I did. All those empty dorm rooms. X_X

I actually had dream last night where I was endlessly searching the dorms looking for lost headphones. Lol

Yep. I was hoping to get lucky with one of the girls.

_Ryo_

Yes, I've probably been everywhere P3 lets me go at some point. My playthroughs are approaching double digits, after all.

There's a reason to go to one of the empty dorm rooms at one point, if you didn't know about that already.

Do not click if you havent finished P3.
Shinjiro's items after his demise?

"Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet."

I love stumbling on lines in P4 that I don't remember. But anyway, while the culture club part has some fun stuff in it here and there the sequence goes on way too long.

yuuki

And despite that there people already in the "2017 release" train.
But sure i get into it if dont hear anything about it from here to June / July...
if they doesnt say look for infos soon in the interview in the magazin, then we can star to worry.

FluxWaveZ

2013: "Man, I can't wait until Persona 5 next year!"
2014: "Man, I can't wait until Persona 5 next year!"
2015: "Man, I can't wait until Persona 5 next year!"

Makio

I wonder how people would feel now... Not good, I bet.

Im a dub-fanboy , but i dont care if it is Pv01, PV02 or the third, and dont need get dubbed either.

But it really need to show off localizated gameplay , no more "japanese footage" scenes anymore.

So where we can expect the next Atlus USA trailer , in E3 ? , pretty sure a that point they have at least the PV03 localized.

At this point, I'm just curious how Atlus USA is going to start talking about it. I'm assuming we'll never see PV02 or PV03 in English.

Not so sure about PV02 , since is not even uploaded in Japan yet , seems it was really exclusive for the preorders for Dancing All Night, but pretty sure the PV03 is goin to be the next full localizated trailer with dub included.

DNAbro

I hope if we do get PV3, it's dubbed. I'm really curious who they got this time.

Also as I've said for the past few months, new info will probably come in March.

Makio

I hope if we do get PV3, it's dubbed. I'm really curious who they got this time.

This (dub cast) and how different is the battle gameplay from previous games are the things dont "let me sleep" , im really curious about those.

And yeah this month and March was my bet to hear of them again when they delay, and at least we getting something with the Persona Magazine this month.

PD; To the dub topic , i notice Carrie Keranen and Erica Lindbeck getting pretty active lately and since Lindbeck supposedly got a role in Dancing All Night (Nozomi i think) i keep a eye in those two, i can see them getting Ann or other female role in 5.

FluxWaveZ

We've got the Atlus CEO saying Summer, people other than Hashino saying Summer and the upcoming Persona Magazine having a section that screams "Summer." A new delay—more than any of the others—would be a particularly bad look.

Please let the localization process happen sooner rather than later. I won't be able to stomach a five month gap between JPN and NA releases a la P4.

Also, when I meant the new uniforms were snazzy, I mainly was referring to those blazers. I'd wear one.

Zolo

Considering the graphics are enhanced now, would any work need to be done in that area instead of just text such as signs, etc?

Makio

I need that OST, fam

For sure that OST hits the internet as soon the game releases , even a couple of days before like the Dancing All Night one.

Unless you want the OST in context XD.

-------
Speaking of which , im pretty sure the PV02 theme is going to have vocals , you can totally imagine which parts are going to replace like they did with the opening , but no idea what engirish phrases are going to use specially when some notes repeats itself too much sounds like a new baby baby baby to me.

For sure that OST hits the internet as soon the game releases , even a couple of days before like the Dancing All Night one.

Depends if it's actually included with the game or not like P4D's was. If it isn't, of if it's an arrange CD with only a small number of tracks, then you'll be waiting for game rips and until the OST officially comes out. Neither of which should take too long though.

Top Bottom