• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

Goodday PersonaGAF, long time no see.

I wrote an op-ed on Persona 4 for RPGsite. Talk about reliving adolescence vicariously through the game, Jungian psychology, and relating to Yukiko IT'S WEIRD I AM TOO

Anyways, thought I'd share~

Repeating what I said elsewhere, butt this article kind of hits all the right notes for me about idealized school life in regards to both Persona 3 and Persona 4. While it was different from what you describe, I didn't exactly have the best school life either. Really like how to put it into words there.

DNAbro

When are they announcing the release date for P5? At this rate FF XV will be dated sooner.

That is actually a good question. Which one will be dated first, at least in Japan. I've been saying March for P5 but FFXV will also have an event in March. Wonder which will be first...

Skii

Just remembered I was supposed to complete Persona 4 Ultimax, Persona Q & Persona 4: DAN before Persona 5 comes out lol. Is it still on track for the summer? Which order should I play those games? I did ask this before but all I remember was everyone telling me that I need to play Persona 4 Arena for the story before Ultimax. Might just watch it on Youtube as Arena hasn't gone on sale once!

Sophia

Just remembered I was supposed to complete Persona 4 Ultimax, Persona Q & Persona 4: DAN before Persona 5 comes out lol. Is it still on track for the summer? Which order should I play those games? I did ask this before but all I remember was everyone telling me that I need to play Persona 4 Arena for the story before Ultimax. Might just watch it on Youtube as Arena hasn't gone on sale once!

If you've completed both Persona 3 and Persona 4, grab Persona 4 Ultimax and get the Arena story DLC for it. It's like $10 and it adds the entire story mode of the first game to it. Then you can do the Arena story and continue directly into Ultimax.

I think April is the latest they can announce a release date if they're still going to hit "summer." Considering that SMT IV F was 4 months from announcement to launch.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Persona Q is the only one of these with a decent story, but it's really back-loaded.

I like DAN as a rhythm game, but the story mode really drags on.

I wrote an op-ed on Persona 4 for RPGsite. Talk about reliving adolescence vicariously through the game, Jungian psychology, and relating to Yukiko IT'S WEIRD I AM TOO

That's an intriguing point. The game that's about acknowledging truth gives you a protagonist character that is unreal for a teenager. I always knew that but I never actually put it together in that perspective. And up until now, I never looked at the ending of Persona 4 in that way.

Hindsight is a funny thing though. You say that Persona 4 made you think that you didn't try as hard as you should have. For me, it was that if you try too hard, you can get tunnel vision as a result.

That's an intriguing point. The game that's about acknowledging truth gives you a protagonist character that is unreal for a teenager. I always knew that but I never actually put it together in that perspective. And up until now, I never looked at the ending of Persona 4 in that way.

Hindsight is a funny thing though. You say that Persona 4 made you think that you didn't try as hard as you should have. For me, it was that if you try too hard, you can get tunnel vision as a result.

My thoughts exactly. (P4G ending spoilers)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
12705353_779118552189439_233441477356299456_n.jpg

I found this on Facebook sooo...

Skii

If you've completed both Persona 3 and Persona 4, grab Persona 4 Ultimax and get the Arena story DLC for it. It's like $10 and it adds the entire story mode of the first game to it. Then you can do the Arena story and continue directly into Ultimax.

I was waiting for a sale on Arena but it never came :(

I already have Ultimax. Is Arena's story so vital? Or can I make do with just youtube videos?

Persona Q is the only one of these with a decent story, but it's really back-loaded.

I like DAN as a rhythm game, but the story mode really drags on.

Well I intend to play all 3 but I feel like Persona Q will be the one I get into first since it's still an RPG.

Skii

P4A has been on sale multiple times on PSN in NA. It's currently on sale right this moment.

Really?! Oh man. I checked the Valentines sales but I didn't see it on the thread. I'm in the UK but I do have a US account as well. Guessing it's the whole game and not the DLC?

I already have Ultimax. Is Arena's story so vital? Or can I make do with just youtube videos?

You could pay 10 bucks to add Arena's whole story mode to Ultimax.

Or pay no bucks and watch it on YT, which I would recommend since the interactivity in Arena's story mode is close to none.

I'd also recommend just not playing Arena or Ultimax's stories at all, but that's a whole other dealio.

You could pay 10 bucks to add Arena's whole story mode to Ultimax.

Or pay no bucks and watch it on YT, which I would recommend since the interactivity in Arena's story mode is close to none.

I'd also recommend just not playing Arena or Ultimax's stories at all, but that's a whole other dealio.

In hindsight, I'd take that dealio.

The general census seems to be that
Aigis, Mitsuru, Teddie, and Yosuke
have the best story modes, where as
Yukiko
has the worst.

Hey guys! Did you know that
Yukiko can't cook?
Imagine that!
A woman who doesn't know how to cook!
How wacky and subversive of us writers!

Oyyyy... -_-

Sophia

It's vital to play Arena first. Ultimax continues directly off the end of Arena under the full assumption that you know the important stuff. You could probably make do with youtubing it, but I'd recommend just buying the DLC tho seeing as you already have Ultimax. Arena isn't exactly going to go much cheaper than $10, so it's the best deal anyhow.

If you do chose to YouTube it, here is the how the story modes play out so you can watch it in order:

1. Watch Yu, Yosuke, Chie, or Yukiko's story up to the To Be Continued.
  2. Watch Teddie or Kanji's story mode up to the To Be Continued.
  3. Watch Ahkiko, Aigis, Mitsuru, or Naoto's story up to the To Be Continued
  4. Watch Labrys's story, which has only one ending. This unlocks the true ending every P4 cast member except Naoto.
  5. Continue the story mode of whoever you watched in Step 1 or Step 2 for the true ending. This unlocks the true ending for the P3 cast + Naoto.
  6. Continue the story mode of whoever you watched n Step 3 for the true ending.
  7. Watch Elizabeth's story mode for more P3 story content

While it fills in the blanks, it is not necessary to watch or play through every story mode in Arena. Only
Labrys'
story is mandatory.

The general census seems to be that
Aigis, Mitsuru, Teddie, and Yosuke
have the best story modes, where as
Yukiko
has the worst.

Shizuka

PersonaGAF, I've started P4U and came across an image I'd like to use as an avatar, but I can't find anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find a clear image of Shadow Kanji's profile in this picture?

Makio

End of February, launch late June.

I will be the idealist here! I beeeelive~!

I'm in the #IdealistTeam ... but then again i was #2015team until the end and i not want to get my hopes destroyed again.

But i see Atlus waiting for FFXV release date in Atlus for some reason , they can decide which date get their game since they not announce anything yet unlike Square Enix have to give a date in March unless delay the game again.

I found this on Facebook sooo...

I love the Batman vibes in this.

Lunar15

Great write up! The game really does put you in a zen like mood by showing you this ideal setting. It sets you up to see everyone else's problems better. Yu is kind of a mix of who you wish you were but also the friend you wished you had. Made me realize how it important it is to stay connected with people, especially after college.

Makio

Well you guys know some guys ripped the files from Dancing All Night , so where they found that P5 velvet room outifit between the files days ago.

They rip the sound files too and put it together by character , and then i download the ones from Nozomi Nakahara (one of the Kanamin Kitchen girls) because i love her english voice bla bla

Going between the files and not only find they "record" the line Dingo between the PStudio and Atlus ones.

You can find a lot of not used in the game basically ones cheering the main characters i dont remember hearing in the game besides a few it happens at time to time so random mostly in Narukami's songs.

But even lines it confirm at some point the Kanamin Kitchen are going to be playable characters both partners dancers and main dancers.

Even she got lines like "yeah i can go with this outfit" , "¿ this is right to wear ?" which seems even their going to have alternate outfits too.

I only have Nozomi , Sumomo and Kanamin ones for now , like 500- 600 lines for each character but pretty sure all the other characters have lines with the kanamin kitchen be playable. Even Kanamin have one like "Marie-san and i are a really odd couple" which means even the dlc characters had more dancing options that we have now.

I mean im not surprised they are playable at some point , since the Miku games practically you can play with each character possible for each song.

But yes kinda surprised they dub those lines , like anyone in Atlus says to the record studio they not gonna used it anymore or something.... or how old is this dub is,or a what point they cut out those characters be playable.

Most knowing "Dingo" Dancing All Night was a diferent monster compared to the final game , as all we can see in the original trailers compared to the final build.

Interesting indeed.

PD: I would try to put some videos together later when i got all the files and pick the right ones (the unused ones).

Weiss

Banned
The translators for Megami Ibunroku Persona have just released the final volume.

Give em' a big round of applause for picking the series up after all those years of silence.

StereoVsn

That's a great article and very well written. While I had actually fairly good experience in high school myself, certainly the idealistic rendition of such (plus a bit of Japanese weirdness) and Yu's general confidence and determination made P4G (never finished P4 originally due to dead PS2) one of my favorite games of all time. I also thought that a huge achievement was that all of the characters were likable and relatable.

For example, Yosuke, who a lot of folks tend to dislike due to his treatment of Kanji, people forget that this is how most teens are (well, were when I was back in High School in the 90s). Heck, one of my good friends was basically freaking Yosuke down to dad being a general manager of a large store (and yes, sometimes friends need a knuckle sandwich :p). Same with most of other characters who really act/look/feel like teenagers with the associated problems. Well, except Teddy ;).

As a comparison, I am playing Trails of Cold Steel 1 right now and I outright dislike half the cast which makes the game itself drag on since I don't care their problems, I don't want to hear about their problems, I don't identify myself with them at all (even considering the setting).

.JayZii

Banned
I would say March .... but then again im sucks in bets of those things.
Me too. I was in the camp that said it would be out in 2015.

Are there any Japanese gaming events coming up that would be suited for an announcement? They'll probably just have their own 2 day countdown, I suppose. Those are fun.

Lunar15

There really is no solid evidence that anything will happen in March, there isn't even really an event to tie everything together. The only reason it seems likely at all is because there's a lot of other persona stuff ending or scheduled for March:

Persona 3 Movie #4 Pasela Resort collaboration ends on February 29.
Persona 3 The Movie Finale event takes place on March 5.
Persona Q Side: P4 releases on March 9.
Persona 4 Golden ski tour takes place on March 12.
Persona 3 Escape Game ends on March 13.
Persona 4 Golden anime rebroadcast ends on March 26-27.

So, while I personally keep saying march sounds right, there is absolutely no real basis to that whatsoever. The only other theory tied to it is that march would be 3 months out from June/July, which is around the time that P3 and P4 came out in Japan, and Atlus marketing campaigns are often about 3 months long.

In other words, it's pure speculation.

I don't keep up with most of persona news, but is there any chance this has a version without text? I know flux mentioned this piece earlier and forgot to ask how the chances of getting original artwork with nothing else on them is

Top Bottom