• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Kudo

I'm hoping the prequel anime that's meant to come out near the same time gives him a name.

Was thinking the same, it's pretty likely.

Hopefully West gets nice collector's edition too, already pre-ordered the JP Anniversary Edition.
I guess I shouldn't have too much expectations for dual audio but checking out Twitter seems to be lots of people requesting for it so here's hoping we get full AAA-treatment with dual audio.

Boke1879

Does anyone have a link to sites I can import for international shipping? Also do these sites charge immediately or once it ships?

FluxWaveZ

Is that retailer specific or something?

Famitsu DX Packs are limited editions of games exclusively distributed in conjunction with Famitsu. Items from those collectors editions are usually not made available separately in any other capacity post-release, and this extends to exclusive DLC colors in something like Persona 4 Arena.

Was thinking the same, it's pretty likely.

I think it's unlikely. Since the anime episode will mainly revolve around a heist, he'll most likely be called Joker the whole way through.

Does anyone have a link to sites I can import for international shipping? Also do these sites charge immediately or once it ships?

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-import-guide-japanese-copies/

I don't think there's any site there that will charge immediately once an order is placed, however you'll have to look into differing policies to determine if you can even cancel a pre-order once it's placed.

Boke1879

Very true. Thanks a lot for this. Just want to make sure i have a preorder secured for the CE in case I can't get one of the inevitable CE's for NA.

Also does anyone know if the Soundtrack discs are region locked or anything?

Kudo

I think it's unlikely. Since the anime episode will mainly revolve around a heist, he'll most likely be called Joker the whole way through.

That's a possibility too, guess we'll see in September.
Hopefully the anime gets released here too before the game comes.

Also does anyone know if the Soundtrack discs are region locked or anything?

As far as I know audio CD's are not region locked. Japanese Bloodborne The Old Hunters OST was region free.

Boke1879

That's a possibility too, guess we'll see in September.
Hopefully the anime gets released here too before the game comes.

As far as I know audio CD's are not region locked. Japanese Bloodborne The Old Hunters OST was region free.

Nice! I assume the only thing that would be region restricted is the DLC.

I was originally going to go with Yasushi Atsuhiro, but this was back before we knew about all the thief stuff, now the name Yasushi (meaning calm and quiet) doesnt fit.

Keeping Atsuhiro since that means escape or break free. But think I might make the first name Noritaka, just for a sense of irony since that means 'respect for the law'.

DNAbro

How much should we expect the potential anniversary edition to cost here? I'm trying to see how much money I should put aside for a Digital copy + anniversary edition.

Mediking

I keep rewatching the part in the new trailer when everybody is at the beach. Lol I love it!!! Even the main guy was looking at the girl in the bikini like, "I'm liking what I'm seeing..." Seconds later... "I'm SHOCKED."

Setsu00

I keep rewatching the part in the new trailer when everybody is at the beach. Lol I love it!!! Even the main guy was looking at the girl in the bikini like, "I'm liking what I'm seeing..." Seconds later... "I'm SHOCKED."

The beach scene was the single bad part in an otherwise fantastic trailer.

Lunar15

That scene def makes it a harder sell to non anime fans.

However, P4 opens with an arguably creepier scene and people are still down with it, so we'll see!

PK Gaming

dl0dUYO.png

Lunar15

Hard to fully tell the order of events in that part because it's all cut up.

It doesn't look too bad, Ryuji's reactions seem more subdued than anything yosuke or junpei would do.

Due to how that scene is cut, I'm going to assume that the shocked reaction is Morgana related, seeing as they're not shown in that scene in the trailer.

Strimei

I'm guessing Anne is who set it up and is just drinking in her triumph. Shes the most obvious one to have set Sakura up like that anyway.

Her pose as the towel is removed from Sakura's head does seem kind of like that. Though I took it more as just getting a kick out of the reveal and enjoying everyone else's reactions.

Day Breakers:

Yusuke seems to be in the party during the anime, so it must take place a reasonable way into the game, since it doesn't seem like he's an initial party member.

Setsu00

What are you doing when you go to the beach? Hiding beneath your towel whenever you see teenagers?

Believe it or not: I've been to an actual beach (you know, one with sand and water and stuff) before and I didn't feel offended when I saw minors running around in swimsuits.

I don't mind seeing a character in a swimsuit. However, I do mind sexualizing minors and that's what the scene does when it focuses on Ann's butt.

Day Breakers:

Yusuke seems to be in the party during the anime, so it must take place a reasonable way into the game, since it doesn't seem like he's an initial party member.

It looks like he's the second party member to join, with Morgana being first. I think I saw Anne in that clip too, so I guess she's third . Probably pretty early on, sometime after the first dungeon.

Believe it or not: I've been to an actual beach (you know, one with sand and water and stuff) before and I didn't feel offended when I saw minors running around in swimsuits.

I don't mind seeing a character in a swimsuit. However, I do mind sexualizing minors and that's what the scene does when it focuses on Ann's butt.

I don't know who the target audience for this in Japan is but I would assume its people close to Anne's age. That said, Atlus should be aware there are older players that are fans of this game- in fact, I think they are aware seeing as "High school is something everyone has gone through" is Hashino's reasoning for the characters' ages.

Setsu00

I don't know who the target audience for this in Japan is but I would assume its people close to Anne's age. That said, Atlus should be aware there are older players that are fans of this game- in fact, I think they are aware seeing as "High school is something everyone has gone through" is Hashino's reasoning for the characters' ages.

I'm aware of that, but that doesn't really excuse the scene. Atlus probably knows that this kind of stuff sells to the otaku audience and since otakus are usually reliable costumers, it makes sense to pander to them from a business perspective. I doubt that there are many scenes like that one in the game, but it's a trend that pops up in a lot of recent Atlus games and its starting to annoy me.

I'm also not sure how Western markets will react to scenes like this one. If P5 does indeed appear on Sony's stage during E3, they should probably refrain from repeating that scene or a similiar one.

Top Bottom