• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Dance Revealed [Trailer]

tumblr_n91mpyRBGN1s7an0do1_500.gif

tumblr_njav5c2_GIj1ryc657o1_500.gif

GOAT Persona's and on PS4 as well. Lotus Juice and Piano scores please. Atlus delivered.

Minato and Akira stay winning.
Yu and P4 in the gutter.
IT'S
SHOWTIME

Verder

damn i wonder what happend and yu started getting so much backlash?

p4 still great but i guess the burnt out was real?

pariah164

I AM IN LIKE FLYNN DAY ONE.

Sorry for the caps, I am just very excited and happy to see this. I actually got a little teary when I read the news this morning.

Mediking

damn i wonder what happend and yu started getting so much backlash?

p4 still great but i guess the burnt out was real?

I love Persona 4.

But Yu is everywhere.

Time for Minato to have some spotlight.

Actually... it's really time for JOKER to have some spotlight.

The problem is that Persona 5's cast is nowhere near as loved as P3 and P4's cast.

And that's why Persona Q 2 and Persona 5 R (Tokyo Game Show reveal for sure... or maybe even PSX) exist to fix that.

Mediking

Watch them announce a Persona 3 remake at TGS.

I would love that but they really gotta focus on getting love for Persona 5's cast. Persona 5 R and Persona Q 2 has to come first.

Persona 3 remake is something you release after announcing Persona 6 to help with the wait.

Verder

I love Persona 4.

But Yu is everywhere.

Time for Minato to have some spotlight.

Actually... it's really time for JOKER to have some spotlight.

The problem is that Persona 5's cast is nowhere near as loved as P3 and P4's cast.

And that's why Persona Q 2 and Persona 5 R (Tokyo Game Show reveal for sure... or maybe even PSX) exist to fix that.

I feel when i played persona 3 10 years ago i was in a totally different mindset than when i am today and i feel i wouldnt be able to capture that feeling once again but it still is a great game.

persona 4 felt like i had best friends that were actually there for ya

persona 5 felt like associates for a big scheme with time to hang out only during proper events . its more grounded and adult like and the more realistic one.

while in p4 Yu was TOOOOOOO perfect and had everyone come together like glue to the point is if they ever were able to capture that feeling once he left. He was basically their universe while in persona 5 Joker is more neutral especally during the scene where
he goes to jail and they needed to come together completely to free him
(spoilers for p5)

im super excited for more p5 but not in the form of 3-6+ games 5+ movies 2+ shoes and what not . The cool thing about p5 was that it was more adult like and the cast felt more realistic and i feel they might dumb it down for spinoffs. same with p3 . p3 was about death .

dance away death i guess

Catvoca

Banned
I wasn't a big fan of P4D but I love Persona 3 and its music so much i know I won't be able to resist this. Looking forward to seeing badly written, flanderized versions of the characters I love!

Seriously though, I am a little worried about how you balance P3's dark tone with this light hearted dancing game. P3 didn't even really have the "we're all hanging out and goofin' around as friends" type stuff that P4 had. I feel like it might not be the best fit but my gawd, the music is so good that I'll probably put up with it anyway.

Mediking

I feel when i played persona 3 10 years ago i was in a totally different mindset than when i am today and i feel i wouldnt be able to capture that feeling once again but it still is a great game.

persona 4 felt like i had best friends that were actually there for ya

persona 5 felt like associates for a big scheme with time to hang out only during proper events . its more grounded and adult like and the more realistic one.

while in p4 Yu was TOOOOOOO perfect and had everyone come together like glue to the point is if they ever were able to capture that feeling once he left. He was basically their universe while in persona 5 Joker is more neutral especally during the scene where
he goes to jail and they needed to come together completely to free him
(spoilers for p5)

im super excited for more p5 but not in the form of 3-6+ games 5+ movies 2+ shoes and what not . The cool thing about p5 was that it was more adult like and the cast felt more realistic and i feel they might dumb it down for spinoffs. same with p3 . p3 was about death .

dance away death i guess

P5's writing has problems. The poor group dynamic at certain points in the game is pretty glaring.

But then there's those very few moments in P5 were the group dynamic is actually good.

And the cast in P4 didn't necessarily resolve around Yu. Before Yu even entered the scene, Yosuke and Chie and Yukiko were somewhat good friends.

This is just reminding me how weak the vocalist on P5's OST is
whaaaaaaaat. I watched this trailer on mute so not sure if its an arrangement or what...but P5's vocals were incredible.

other than dessert...but her english pronunciation is still the best in the series overall.

Verder

P5's writing has problems. The poor group dynamic at certain points in the game is pretty glaring.

But then there's those very few moments in P5 were the group dynamic is actually good.

And the cast in P4 didn't necessarily resolve around Yu. Before Yu even entered the scene, Yosuke and Chie and Yukiko were somewhat good friends.

I dont really recall Yukiko and Yosuke being close on any level but Chie and Yosuke were. Everyone else on the other hand revolved around yu .

p5 writing in some parts were lacking i feel due to the ENORMOUS amount of time they had to work on the game and they were adding and scrapping and adding and scrapping and forgot to really mold it all in some parts. It would have been awesome if the shogi player was actually a team member

Lynx_7

Aren't they going with Makoto Yuuki due to the movies? Or is that another manga situation?

I really hope not. Makoto is too confusing with P5 around and Yuuki is just eh. He's still Minato to me even though it's the less canon name.

Honestly my problem with Persona 4 is how Yu solved everyone's problems. It probably has to do with the fact their development wasn't tied to the story but rather through the social links. Unlike Persona 4, Persona 3 have the characters develop on their own which you could see though the story itself rather than the social links.

So my biggest problem is how everything revolves around Yu which they also hammed it a bunch in the anime adaptation of P4. At least with P3 everything didn't revolve around Makoto.

Lunar15

I was thinking that, haha. The P3D track is leagues better than the P5D one.

It's wayyyy better. It actually took me forever to realize that the P5D track was actually a remix of Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There.

I like the song, but yeah, Yumi trumps all in this case.

Setsu00

whaaaaaaaat. I watched this trailer on mute so not sure if its an arrangement or what...but P5's vocals were incredible.

other than dessert...but her english pronunciation is still the best in the series overall.

Both are seemingly new tracks, but work with existing motifs from their respective opening songs in the same way that Dance! incorporated parts of Pursuing My True Self.

Mediking

I dont really recall Yukiko and Yosuke being close on any level but Chie and Yosuke were. Everyone else on the other hand revolved around yu .

p5 writing in some parts were lacking i feel due to the ENORMOUS amount of time they had to work on the game and they were adding and scrapping and adding and scrapping and forgot to really mold it all in some parts. It would have been awesome if the shogi player was actually a team member

Yeah, true.

Whoever thought the Hawaii trip in Persona 5 was a good display of the group dynamic needs to get talked to.

I preferred the moments when Joker would be laying in bed and then he would get a text from Ryuji/Ann/Makoto to just hang out and study together via one on one. THOSE are the moments I really liked.

Mr. F

Banned

I don't know, I didn't find it did the music arrangements justice. It's hard to put into words but I generally found her to be kind of low energy/muffled sounding. Between that and being mixed weirdly quiet I kept wishing they'd gone with someone a bit punchier

Mediking

Honestly my problem with Persona 4 is how Yu solved everyone's problems. It probably has to do with the fact their development wasn't tied to the story but rather through the social links. Unlike Persona 4, Persona 3 have the characters develop on their own which you could see though the story itself rather than the social links.

So my biggest problem is how everything revolves around Yu which they also hammed it a bunch in the anime adaptation of P4. At least with P3 everything didn't revolve around Makoto.

You're making a VERY good point.

Characters developing in front of you in the story is wayyy better than hiding it in social inks.

Maybe social inks for the main cast should just be for romance stuff. I dunno. There's gotta be a balance.

Verder

Yeah, true.

Whoever thought the Hawaii trip in Persona 5 was a good display of the group dynamic needs to get talked to.

I preferred the moments when Joker would be laying in bed and then he would get a text from Ryuji/Ann/Makoto to just hang out and study together via one on one. THOSE are the moments I really liked.

that was thee most cringe worthy part in the game. not because of so called fan service but the fact that it was done so horribly it completely threw out what made the cast really approachable and sacrificed it for a generic jrpg fun quest .

im probably in the minority that actually preferred the less fan service of p5 compared to p4 (with the hot tub scene (2 in golden ) , the hotel , the kings game , etc etc )

What were the issues with 4d? I've only seen videos of the game but it seemed to have a decent amount of songs unless the problems were more gameplay related.

Setsu00

Yeah, true.

I'm not saying that P5's writing is without faults (it's certainly not), but the way you keep talking about P5 makes me think that you didn't realize that P5's cast is fundamentally different from the casts of P3 and P4 (and the dynamic between those two casts is rather different as well). The Hawaii trip probably wasn't even meant to show off the cast's dynamic in the first place, but nevertheless contains one of the best dialogues in the entire game IMO.

NeatoKuni

What were the issues with 4d? I've only seen videos of the game but it seemed to have a decent amount of songs unless the problems were more gameplay related.
Gameplay was great. Story was meh and there were a lot of different versions of the same songs. Still an excellent rhythm game tho.

It was this. Music and the remixes were actually quite good.

The dance game itself and the mechanics behind it are not that polished unfortunately. And the story and (new) characters are beyond awful.

Top Bottom