• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Dance Revealed [Trailer]

Damn it, can't watch the videos.

They really couldn't put this all into a single game? I hope each of these has more content than P4D.

Two games? Fuck off with that shit

There should have been one game with characters and music from all 3. Atlus playing the persona fan base like the suckers they are splitting the games like this.

i mean i looked at fire emblem and thought to myself i'd never buy what is essentially the same game twice for different content

little did i know at the time i was actually going to do exactly that

Wasn't the P4:D game considered not great for a rhythm game? Never played it myself, heard mixed things about it.

It wasn't a very good rhythm game but the problems are really easy to fix. That being said it had a great soundtrack, looked great and was really charming.

flohen95

I was correct about it being PS4/Vita. Weird there's no switch tho.

I don't really think it's weird - the source games are only on PS systems and this isn't like with Persona Q on the 3DS where it's based (gameplay-wise) on an IP at home on that system.

I would have liked Switch versions, for sure (because I doubt we'll get the Vita versions, and even if Atlus USA brings them over, Deep Silver likely won't for us European plebs and DLC+import is a pain on Vita), since I prefer portables to play my games on, but I would have been very surprised by a Switch announcement, not the other way around.

Regardless, I'm down for this. Persona 4 remains my favourite in terms of characters and atmosphere, so I doubt I'll like these as much as P4D, but all Persona games have some excellent music pieces in them and I love rhythm games, so I don't think I can really go wrong with these. I just hope we get the portable versions here.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
GvBUBKP.png

Gate no longer required, Dance is discovered as Eribus' critical weakness.

I wanna see Thanatos do the tippy tap.

Vlaphor

Yahoo!! The soundtracks for 3 and 5 are some of the best in gaming (alongside 4 of course) and I can't wait to hear the remixes that'll come out of them.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the cast of these two games dancing "coughcoughMitsuruandAnncoughcough"

Didn't p4dan have a pathetically small song line up for a rhythm game before and after dlc? So yall buy 3 games with 3 sets of dlc to get the sound track the first persona rhythm game should have had.

Zafir

Two games? :X

I'd hope they make a discount for buying both or something. Can't say I'm that optimistic of both having enough content to justify it being split. Especially as someone who would be buying it on PS4 anyway, so vita cart limitations are irrelevant to me.

Dance to such hits as

Beneath the mask
Beneath the mask rainy version
Beneath the mask instrumental

Hahahah, I was going to ask who the fuck would buy a rhythm game with P5's music. What a disappointment it was on that regard after P3 and P4.

All in all I think this may be a bit too greedy and may bite them in the ass. P4 had massively popular characters and amazing music. P5... not so much. And it has been quite a long time since P3.

You forgot to edit out the last part of the first line. We're already out of being "probably announced".

As in, it has not actually been announced officially at the live yet. [
I'll be editing it later when the trailers go up and Atlus properly unveils it.

Which is now, huh. What a crazy trailer.

Bebpo

Banned
Guessing P3 will pull a lot from the remix album (which is pretty good). Really curious to see what they do with P5 remixes. The music in P5 isn't really made for a dancing game imo outside a few songs.

I can believe in P5D, but can someone explain when, where and most importantly HOW P3D happens?

Still gonna buy both, just trying to rationalize it.

P5 AND P3 Dancing?

amazing.gif

Great to see they trying to leave P4 finally behind and still give us the greatness that is P3.

Take all my fucking money.

Top Bottom