• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT|

There was a warning about DP 1 overright editing files visual changes, and that they could be salvaged when DP2 was released. But in the mean time it was best not to do edit any appearances haha.

LAM09

So it sounds like it won't even be fixed by the end of November. Fuck me.

Fucking Data Packs, in this day and age. FIFA manages to update squads the second a new signing plays for a team.

It's disgraceful. They need to use one system for transfers (they're up to date online).

PaulLFC

I'm trying to envisage in my head how their data packs are made - surely transfers is a matter of cross checking a few official sources of transfer data and then updating the player database - how on earth that can take "a few weeks" because of "internal and external sources" I have no idea, their process must be all over the place.

They talk about "improving this for future projects", and so they should, because they need to.

It's such a shame to see a game with such brilliant gameplay brought down by ridiculous decisions made elsewhere within the team and/or Konami. The game does so much right, but they can't get basic, basic stuff like transfers right, even weeks after launch. It's unbelievable.

Drifters

They're using a CSV notepad file, it crashed, they rebuilt it into an excel file that crashed, now they're moving to an access database file. I've got a good feeling about this guys.

Apparently a small team in England do the Live Updates but the main roster updates are done by the Japanese team.

Absolutely ridiculous situation though. Suprised how little coverage this is getting on gaming websites.

I bought this game physically for £27 at launch but I wonder if anyone who has bought it Digitally has managed to get a refund ?

Hilarious that the Live Updates are 'upto date' but the offline stuff isn't and wont be until 2 and a half months after release !!!

2 and a half months until people (like me) can start their Master League.

A new low for Konami and this series we have all been playing since the 90's - no respect or care for their customers.

Probably a PS+ discount too.
One version is discounted from 59.99 to 35.99 and the other from 69.99 to 41.99.
I didn't need those myclub extras as I only want to play online so it's a great deal.
Sales must be brutal though, hope it isn't the last pes we'll get :(

Nyx

Started a new ML with my fav club Utrecht, due to the transfer update.

Fun stuff, on day 1 there's tons of free agents available, I picked up Ron Vlaar, Yohann Gourcuff and Luc Castaignos for the total amount of 0 euros.

NeonDelta

ive given up and gone back to FIFA, I really liked the PES gameplay and I don't mind updating the kits and team names, kind of enjoyed it, I just about manage without the Bundesliga but got fed up with them failing to get the simplest of things right

spwolf

Started a new ML with my fav club Utrecht, due to the transfer update.

Fun stuff, on day 1 there's tons of free agents available, I picked up Ron Vlaar, Yohann Gourcuff and Luc Castaignos for the total amount of 0 euros.

my kid loves playing ML... it seems that patch also improved the interface speed, so it is definitely more enjoyable since you dont have to wait a lot anymore. After he played 2-3 seasons, I can see why people like ML mode, never really used it before.

The gameplay is phenomenal. Possibly the best football game I've played since, I dunno, PES 6 maybe?

I've just become England manager in my ML. Just for something different I've decided to play those games in Coach Mode. So it's COM vs COM. Even watching these games are a blast. So much happens.

I've never conceded a goal that feels cheap, like FIFA.

It all plays fantastically well.

Sure, there are a ton of problems with the off field stuff, but on the pitch nothing comes close.

Penalties are perhaps the only problem I have, they feel so bad.

PESGalaxy have released a patch for the PC version which includes up-to-date transfers plus a bunch of other stuff.

English: https://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thr...m-PC-Patch-2016-1-00-Patch-RELEASED-11-16-15/

German: https://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thr...m-PC-Patch-2016-1-00-Patch-RELEASED-16-11-15/

Anyone try this yet or any other 3rd-party patch?

I want to use it but am struggling big time with the lack of instructions. The DL is split into 10 parts but I'm not sure how to combine them. Extracting part 2 on its own gives me an error about the file being broken. I'm betting I'm doing it wrong. Going to sleep soon but will give it my full attention tomorrow.

LAM09

PESGalaxy have released a patch for the PC version which includes up-to-date transfers plus a bunch of other stuff.

English: https://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thr...m-PC-Patch-2016-1-00-Patch-RELEASED-11-16-15/

German: https://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thr...m-PC-Patch-2016-1-00-Patch-RELEASED-16-11-15/

I want to use it but am struggling big time with the lack of instructions. The DL is split into 10 parts but I'm not sure how to combine them. Extracting part 2 on its own gives me an error about the file being broken. I'm betting I'm doing it wrong. Going to sleep soon but will give it my full attention tomorrow.

Here's a tutorial on how to install a similar PC patch - https://youtu.be/lkq5bVjpwrc

oimori

rQCpbtx.jpg

Jingo

Can anyone tell me if theres major differences between ps4 version and ps3? I ve played only two games on ps3 but the goalkeepers are ridicilous bad and the game seemed faster than on ps4, i wanted to buy the game for ps3 for my uncle but im not so sure if its a safe bet.

Well after importing all the kits and labeling everything correctly I want to throw this game in the bin. The keepers are just down right terrible. I don't understand how something that is such a huge part of the game can be so broken. And it seems like after the patch the AI scores on pretty much any shot on target. The stats at the end of the game for the AI always seem to be: 4 shots, 3 shots on goal, 3 goals or 2 shots, 2 shots on goal, 2 goals. Both my and the AI keeper just stand there watching the ball until it's to late to dive for it. I've been able to run strait at the keeper from a terrible angle that gives me no other shot than to just kick it strait at the keeper, and bam goal. Keeper watches the ball fly right past his shoulder into the net. Have no idea how they can put a game out with keepers this bad.

Ranma

this is the first yer that i'm not buying pes.
i've been buying them all (even the awful 2008) i just feel konami doesn't deserve my money this time even if the demo was good it looks like the final game hasen't improved (especially the refreees) + the epic fail of the roster updates.

gelf

I assume its a multi part file so you'll need all of them downloaded before you can extract. I've been using other patches but this one looks more comprehensive, Most of the other patches were lacking national teams and the only one I found that did have them was kinda buggy.

I've been really enjoying PES on PC despite everything.

Space Michael?

Thanks LAM09 and gelf for the help. As suggested, the part files needed to be all downloaded and complete together before doing anything with them. Using 7zip, I just selected them all and picked 'Extract Here'.

The finished folder contains two installers, one called 'Patch' and a smaller one called 'DLC'. Nothing in the readme or on the website gives any hint as to what the DLC stuff is supposed to be, so I just installed both and the game seems to load alright. I do find it kind of funny that PESGalaxy put so much work into their patch but didn't provide any instructions at all on how to apply it. I don't mind a bit of grunt work when modding a PC game, and none of this was rocket science, it's just ... odd, really, to skimp on just a very few brief words of introduction that could save many people a lot of head scratching.

Can't say much about the results yet, as for reasons unknown the game doesn't register my Steam controller at all, unless I map its inputs in as keyboard. Bit of a bummer. Wonder if it has anything to do with sweetfx, I can't really think why it would but that's all that would set my installation apart from most others.

Basically though delighted to have (fully?) updated the game in such a quick and simple way. A month and a half later.

ive given up and gone back to FIFA, I really liked the PES gameplay and I don't mind updating the kits and team names, kind of enjoyed it, I just about manage without the Bundesliga but got fed up with them failing to get the simplest of things right

Think I'll be giving up on this franchise as well. Like yourself, don't mind updating the names, but if they can't manage to get the base kit colours right and roster updates out in a timely fashion, FIFA can still cater for my needs.

sheaaaa

Yeah I'm done with PES too. 2015 was one of my most played games this and last year, and PES6 will always have a special place in my heart, but if it takes Konami till December to get rosters done, a job that should take no more than an intern and an afternoon to do, then they can frankly go fuck themselves.

So it would seem, judging by those pictures, they will include real kits for the nations who qualified for Euro 2016. I wonder if that means Wales too? They don't even have the real Welsh player names as things stand...

im_dany

They also announced the free to play edition of the game, releasing 8th Dec but only on PS platform.

We get it, Konami, you hate Xbox users. Can you make us pay less for your games then if you're going to cut features and graphics?

We didn't even get the Anniversary Edition...

Honome

Tbh that "free to play" version is more like a demo with only MyClub working for real. The other modes are only exhibition with 7 teams and free practice, so xbox users are not losing anything

im_dany

Tbh that "free to play" version is more like a demo with only MyClub working for real. The other modes are only exhibition with 7 teams and free practice, so xbox users are not losing anything

I have friends that don't really like PES and wouldn't buy it but they would be all over a free MyClub mode to play together.

Xbox users are already losing on graphics and custom import

Top Bottom