• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

julrik

Still do not have Bolt. I have done everything possible. Even tweeted Bhatti and PES (cordially). No luck, no Usain Bolt for me I guess. Not the end of the world as I did get all of the other bonuses from the Legendary edition.

Don't really know what to do at this point.

Game is excellent though.
He's nothing special anyways. You're not missing out.

philm87

Bought the game on PC (last time I played PES or any football game was more than 5 years ago on PSP).

Tried playing myClub and I'm hooked. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm still enjoying it.

My first guaranteed Black Ball was Iniesta. Today I completed the Online competition challenge thing and in my Lvl.1 guaranteed Black Ball I found Neymar ;D

It's great. Recommend expanding the club size and number of scouts. Only just learnt myself how to use the normal scouts effectively. If you Google I think you can find lists of good scout combinations.

RAIDEN1

So can anyone clarify? The links to the option files from the previous page do they include teams such as Bayern Munich, Juve, and Real Madrid? Would be good to know! Thanks..

Jimrpg

Started up Master League playing as Real Vallecano last night. So the menu is on the LHS instead of along the top? Innovative. (I prefer it far more along the top).

The transfer negotiations are also a drag. You can renegotiate salaries and transfer fees, but you can do it in increments now. If you keep the 'percentage' that the the other party will agree above '90%', it usually is a success.

Picked up Nasri, Chedrou, Bou and a DM (forgot his name) last night off the free transfers.

Lost my first game 1-0, won the second and third 2-0. It's a bit too easy on professional, might up it to the next level.

Its been $30 for the last month on CD Keys.

Anyone sitting on the fence between FIFA and PES, PES is definitely way cheaper in all the places I've checked. Its my go to football game, so win-win. Honestly though, Steam is the biggest PC platform, PES should be doing a lot better sales wise than it does considering it has no competition there.

I haven't had a crash yet and I'm on PC

Runs perfectly on mine at 1440p, >60fps, i5-4690k, GTX 1070

Is Master league still broken? I just want a decent manager mode.

How do you mean? I don't play the manager mode though, i play all the matches.

It is pretty darn close to PES16, PES17, if you're wondering.

gbus

I'm using the one someone linked above.

To anyone who's added the PESGaming one I'm wondering if there is a reason there are two of every file? The second files won't import and just fail.

You probably downloaded it on a Mac? For some reason Macs make a copy of every file, so delete all the files with a -. In front of it and you should be good to go.

julrik

I'm still using the default 4-3-3 manager in MyClub, but that formation just doesn't cut it. Anyone found a great manager/formation yet?

And, any 'hidden' silver gems (players)?

Griss

In 2017's Master League it was made too easy by the fact that your youth team was restoked full of legendary players every six months. The first youth player I signed ended up having a 98 overall rating after 5 seasons, he was much better than Messi, lol.

Can anyone say if that's still the case or is it a more realistic youth set-up this time around?

3Dprinted

Neo Member
Coming from Fifa all the way back to 2008... This year's PES is finally a blast to play!
I just up the speed of the game by 1 and it's perfect imo.
But Konami always gets something wrong:

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE 1v1 RANDOM SELECTION ONLINE?

It's like 2 menus, seriously.
That has to be patched in, i hope...

philm87

I'm still using the default 4-3-3 manager in MyClub, but that formation just doesn't cut it. Anyone found a great manager/formation yet?

And, any 'hidden' silver gems (players)?

I'm getting on well 4-2-3-1. Can't remember the name of the manager, begins with F I think. Polish manager. Possession based.
Packing the midfield is a good way to stop counter attacks and doesn't give the midfielders time to make good through balls.
I use Hug the touchline, Tiki-Taka, Counter target (on LMF or RMF), and Swarm the box.

cabot

are there any PES2017 PS4 OF's with up-to-date transfers?

I sort of want to give it a go and compare to 2018, I do feel like others in this thread that this year's game is a downgrade in some places.

julrik

I'm getting on well 4-2-3-1. Can't remember the name of the manager, begins with F I think. Polish manager. Possession based.
Packing the midfield is a good way to stop counter attacks and doesn't give the midfielders time to make good through balls.
I use Hug the touchline, Tiki-Taka, Counter target (on LMF or RMF), and Swarm the box.
Thanks. That sounds great. Will buy him tonight. Who's your striker and wingers?

spwolf

Thanks. That sounds great. Will buy him tonight. Who's your striker and wingers?

buy whoever you think is usable for your team and the way you play... i have to have someone that has two wingers or i would never score.

default manager is always crap so you have to change him.

spwolf

In 2017's Master League it was made too easy by the fact that your youth team was restoked full of legendary players every six months. The first youth player I signed ended up having a 98 overall rating after 5 seasons, he was much better than Messi, lol.

Can anyone say if that's still the case or is it a more realistic youth set-up this time around?

i think thats the point of ML... you can disable classic players though, and there is also a challenge mode now, but I did not try it.

philm87

I have two squads that I alternate between to rest players, but off the top of my head I can remember some of the players (at work now):
Federico Bernardeschi on the right, Gelson Martins on the left, De Bruyne attacking midfield, Paulinho centre mid.
Strikers are Paco Alcacer in one squad, and an average one I can't remember in the other.

De Bruyne is my most effective player at the moment though, was even better when I had Pogba on loan at the start to play with him. Only got De Bruyne at Level 1 (Rated 80) so he'll improve a fair bit too.

03sho

Never played my club before and I've always been a ultimate team player. Going to give this a try tomorrow and wondering if you guys have any tips for a newbie like me. I've been reading that thenplayers improve? Now that really interests me.. can someone tell me more about it

Thank you

philm87

Never played my club before and I've always been a ultimate team player. Going to give this a try tomorrow and wondering if you guys have any tips for a newbie like me. I've been reading that thenplayers improve? Now that really interests me.. can someone tell me more about it

Thank you

My recommendations:
- Have two squads to alternate between to rest players.
- You're limited by you're manager's set tactics, apart from advanced tactics so use these to give you a bit more flexibility.
- Save up myclub coins to spend on a decent manager and also for special agents.
- You can assign more than one manager to a squad, one for the main tactics, one for offensive, one for defensive, so gives you extra flexibility.
- Learn how to use the regular scouts properly. Pick 3 and the quality will be the average of the 3 scouts ratings (1 to 5 stars). Key is to try to be as specific as possible. Try one club/league scout, one position scout, and one ability scout. Can quite often get down to a single player or two so you know who you're getting. Can also google it for good combinations that people have found. Worth expanding the number of scouts that you can hold at one time (from the myclub menu).
- Definitely start on the online trials cup in the Myclub Challenge section. Can play up to 5 games and get 10,000 GP win or lose each time, but as soon as you've play more than 5 Myclub games of any description you can't go back to it.

are there any PES2017 PS4 OF's with up-to-date transfers?

I sort of want to give it a go and compare to 2018, I do feel like others in this thread that this year's game is a downgrade in some places.

The transfers are already up to date when you apply the Live Transfer Update or whatever it's called. Once you've applied that then add your option file.

The Bundesliga OF on PESGaming looks like it has the proper squads for each team.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it just me that is playing challenge mode on ML and noticing zero differences besides messages from the owner each month saying every competition im in is of the upmost importance?

Runs perfectly on mine at 1440p, >60fps, i5-4690k, GTX 1070

giphy.gif

I have. It is the current team ie Salah, if I play an exhibition match. But not in Champ League.

You started the Champions League after applying the update, and not loaded a previous save file?

That's very odd. I did a Champions League with Man United (don't judge me!) and their team was up to date, as was all the teams I played.

Cdgilbert

You started the Champions League after applying the update, and not loaded a previous save file?

That's very odd. I did a Champions League with Man United (don't judge me!) and their team was up to date, as was all the teams I played.

I will have a mess around with update. Seems strange that it is upto date for a Exhibition match.

Had a few superb 3v3 matches last night, fellow players trying to keep the ball, pass and play smart. It was great, only hindered by player switching which to me isn't as fluid or natural that online beta had.

Master League is a joke this year.

Lukaku, Lacazette, Morata and Salah leaving clubs they've been at 5 minutes. You've got Liverpool selling their entire front line in one window (Mane, Firminho, Salah and Coutinho) And in that you've got Firminho deciding to swap Champions League football for West Brom :D

Then you've got these release clauses. Clearly this summer of madness inspired this feature... but then I turn around and see that £166m rated Mbappe's release clause is 14 million...

The mode was basic af last year but it was at least playable.

LAM09

Lukaku, Lacazette, Morata and Salah leaving clubs they've been at 5 minutes. You've got Liverpool selling their entire front line in one window (Mane, Firminho, Salah and Coutinho) And in that you've got Firminho deciding to swap Champions League football for West Brom :D

Then you've got these release clauses. Clearly this summer of madness inspired this feature... but then I turn around and see that £166m rated Mbappe's release clause is 14 million...

ML is broken and has been for a few years. Most of Konami's effort is seemingly going to the online component of the game.

Champloo4

I have a question for you guys. Do you guys ever continue to play the previous year iterations? I do this a lot. I am still playing PES 2017 while also playing 2018, for example.
I put myself on diff teams for Become A Legend mode each year. Keep it fresh.

(I also still have - and play occasionally FIFA 15/16. Will still play 17 when 18 drops next week.) Old kits, players w/ their old clubs, plus I've spent a lot of time (and some money) in FUT of years' past.

Just curious if my choice is odd, or if you guys also still have/collect previous footy games, too.

TheFlazer

Neo Member
The game is not horrible. Re-evaluate the way you are approaching things. If you're doing it, stop trying to rush towards the goal at every opportunity, it's not a race to score a goal from the first moment you get possession, be patient. If you see the opposition has 11 players behind the ball and are packing the middle of the pitch either recycle the ball or change your tactics to hug the touchline and start switching the play to create spaces.

This years game rewards possession and stops people who think they can aimlessly spam crosses and throughballs from succeeding at higher levels.

It is not the game that is horrible, the game plays absolutely amazingly. It is the AI in superstar difficulty that is nothing realistic, and that does nothing to mimic a realistic team behavior or even to mimic a player playing against you.

I am very patient when playing, and I do not rush. When I played online during the Beta, I very often win matches by three, four, five, or even more goals ahead. There was a variety because of human implication, which is something that the AI in this PES does not do at all.

The AI in superstar difficulty just ignores the CPU team. No matter if it is Manchester or Dijon, they all play like Barcelona. The AI always plays like this :
- When off the ball : all 11 CPU players defending in their camp, closing every line, camping in their position without pressing you until you approach at 30 meters.
- In possession : one-touch passes in triangle like Barceona, I mean one-touch passes like crazy, these are laser passes that even Barcelona cannot sustain at this rate. Then cross, head, goal.

There's a difference between rewarding possession, and having a cheating AI that plays in one-touch laser passes in triangle no matter if it is a one stars team or a five stars team. It is just so annoying and frustrating to play like a cheating AI like that.

Not to mention that the AI does not do any mistake with its triangle one-touch laser passes, nor any foul. It just does not feel realistic, it feels like...an AI. It screams bad AI, in fact.

Pls. This isn't a Souls game...
I played games back to back on the demo and retail with the exact same settings, formations and highest difficulty.
There is a huge difference between holding the ball and the chance to intercept balls or win them in tackles in normal gameplay. The CPU does simply play without flaws, so no "tactics" can make up for AI routines that are "cheating" by the computer. Same goes for the infamous unstoppable crosses and passes that you simply can't defend. They even added the last minutes goals after corners and even a low tier player hits every free kick into the net on superstar or legendary. The AI is toned down in demo. I played the demo a lot on higher difficulties just to test it and now after 30 games on the retail code I even tried to copy everything to have the same conditions like in the demo and the result is not placebo. I know why Konami does this and EA too, but it's always funny to see that even clubs with one star rating play like Barca at their prime on the highest difficulties.

So much this.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

ML has been awful for a while

Gibbo

Had a few superb 3v3 matches last night, fellow players trying to keep the ball, pass and play smart. It was great, only hindered by player switching which to me isn't as fluid or natural that online beta had.

This is my Most played mode at the moment. I'm surprised at how well the netcode holds up .

NHale

ML has been awful for a while

Yet some people will claim that gameplay is the only important thing because the background stuff don't matter only the gameplay on the pitch. Franchise/Career modes have been on the decline since FIFA introduced Ultimate Team and everyone has followed their lead.

It's quite clear this is now the most important mode in sports games replacing the franchise modes that were the focus in the pre-PS3/X360 generations. PES has a fundamentally broken career mode (like the above examples clearly show), gameplay can be the best thing ever but a career mode is only worth it, if the background stuff holds up as well. If not, you might as well just play exhibition games...

By the way FIFA career mode is better but is also broken imo, with crazy schedules in the 2nd half of the season i.e. 4 games in a week if you have European competitions and Cup ties to play, transactions are better but still don't make sense a lot of the times (why would United buy Lloris if they have DeGea?)

Top Bottom