• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
There's a fucking hurricane coming at me and tore through some of my family already. This isn't high on my priority list.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you and your family stay safe. At the same time however, I mean... no one forced you to post in here.

I was under the impression that pdp's audience isn't going to have a problem with this. I wonder if he's been planning to use it at some point. It makes them happy and gets him attention,
I think GAF tends to overestimate the number of "4D chess" players.

Putin is a former KGB agent who rose through the ranks to become a defacto dictator, him I can buy being good at it.

Trump and Felix not so much.

Sure he could have done it for attention, but how much more attention does he really need especially if it hurts him financially, and why do it in a random PUBG stream.

Shaanyboi

Banned
There's a fucking hurricane coming at me and tore through some of my family already. This isn't high on my priority list.
Sorry for your situation and everything, but why did you feel it was necessary to come in and announce how much you don't care? In fact nothing on Neogaf should be high on your priority list if you're dealing with a hurricane.

i sure wish this pewdiepie character would disappear forever.

Unfortunately he is a giant celebrity at this point and he reaches insane numbers of people on a daily basis. He's been normalizing bigotry and inappropriate behavior for long enough now that his audience has grown downright conditioned to it. And that's the really scary part.

Squishy3

Guess he'll get a pass like this guy
https://youtu.be/yKQs9FRq20o
DeeDogg, you seemed like a nice enough guy when I met you back in 2009 at Season's Beatings IV in Ohio, so I don't know why you're trying to equate Max saying it by accident and "getting away with it" (He never denied it, directly addressed it and knows he fucked up) to PDP saying it directly as an insult, "correcting" it to "fucking asshole" then proceeding to read the hard r aloud again via a donation message and expressing no further remorse for saying it and "nobody watching gives a shit anyway."

Dice//

Banned
Unpopular opinion but I doubt he is really a racist or nazi. is he funny? my thought is no.

not really sure if worth to be so worked up over.

If I got to know him and saw no evidence of him being a racist prick then sure, I'd be willing to humour that and it's all for the sake of this big joke.

If it's not funny and it's considered inappropriate by a majority of [more considerate] people then why say it at all????

He's "slipped up" like this more than once and said many ""jokes"" that don't really offer anything but mean and hateful angle.

Eria

ta4c.jpg

Dunno how this guy gets away everytime... can't youtube close his channel?

Dynheart

Banned
I mean, how stupid do you have to be to not see the irony in your post?

Yet you see people connecting on facebook, twitter, snapchat etc...and people relate just fine, because society want to lend a hand even if they cannot physically do so. It's also a coping method. Here, however, a person who uses GAF to get by day to day before the hurricane, uses GAF as a coping method..and he/she is called stupid.

Although it is easy to sit in an outside position as state "I would do something different because it's the rational thing to do," the complete opposite usually happens when that person actually experiences it first hand.

Here we are, trying to relate to a minority, and trying to make the world a better place...but calla person stupid when an individual going through a crisis is trying to find some peace of mind, god forbid.

Yet you see people connecting on facebook, twitter, snapchat etc...and people relate just fine, because society want to lend a hand even if they cannot physically do so. It's also a coping method. Here, however, a person who uses GAF to get by day to day before the hurricane, uses GAF as a coping method..and he/she is called stupid.

Although it is easy to sit in an outside position as state "I would do something different because it's the rational thing to do," the complete opposite usually happens when that person actually experiences it first hand.

Here we are, trying to relate to a minority, and trying to make the world a better place...but calla person stupid when an individual going through a crisis is trying to find some peace of mind, god forbid.
It was important enough for him to come in this thread during a hurricane

Manu

What the fuck are you talking about.

Sai-kun

Banned

if he's trying to find peace of mind why the fuck is he on neogaf lmfao

Given the controversial garbage this dude has spewed in the past this was arguably inevitable. Not shocked at all.

Also not shocked --though amused-- at the alt/junior/burner accounts coming out of the woodwork to get their shit-stirring flamebait in. Hope that 15 seconds of infamy before the mods intervened was rly #WORTH guys.

neogaf2i5or508p98.gif

Maximo

How many alt accounts do you have?

VariantX

He started out with screaming expletives and rape jokes for a pre-teen audience, now hes moved up to nazi jokes with a side salad of causal racism. Or maybe he didn't move up to it, just merely stepped to the side? I'm hoping there's no way his sponsors will let this slide.

Dynheart

Banned
if he's trying to find peace of mind why the fuck is he on neogaf lmfao

Why do the people who jump on GAF, everyday, instead of game? It's what they do, right? Perhaps that what the person finds as a pass time? Or are we implying that we just come to GAF for the negativity?

Merc_

lmao wtf is this

Why would he be looking for peace of mind in this thread in the middle of a hurricane? What???? This is some Jim Carry at fashion week "deep" stuff.

Megatron

I think GAF tends to overestimate the number of "4D chess" players.

Putin is a former KGB agent who rose through the ranks to become a defacto dictator, him I can buy being good at it.

Trump and Felix not so much.

Sure he could have done it for attention, but how much more attention does he really need especially if it hurts him financially, and why do it in a random PUBG stream.

True. I have to say though, for all the people saying how natural he seemed saying it, it seemed very forced to me.

Estoc

I was under the impression that pdp's audience isn't going to have a problem with this. I wonder if he's been planning to use it at some point. It makes them happy and gets him attention,

He would become a martyr of sort, one who was persecuted by the evil SJW.

Was that basically career suicide, or do most of his fans basically not care?

This most likely wont affect him, he's had prior incidents and his fans for the most part didn't care. He probably doesn't care himself anymore either really he's made his money already the guy is pretty much set.

VariantX

Was that basically career suicide, or do most of his fans basically not care?

HIs fans aren't adults they're young pre-teen kids, they're likely not mature enough to understand or care why yet. I doubt you could find a single adult that could stomach more than a minute of this guys content. Which is doubly bad that this guy is being streamed on to millions of screens in front of young, impressionable people.

well then... I guess there's no dodging it now. The whole "he was joking" defense people were clinging to before just went out the window.

damn, it's like every 10th post I see *banned*

Fercho

Is this getting picked up by news outlets and such? A 65 page GAF Thread is cool but this motherfucker needs to get super exposed.

Looking forward how phil de franco, boogie and all those apologists shit faces will spin this.

Eria

Is this getting picked up by news outlets and such? A 65 page GAF Thread is cool but this motherfucker needs to get super exposed.

Looking forward how phil de franco, boogie and all those apologists shit faces will spin this.

Yes at least kotaku, polygon, many youtubers and even an article from WSJ I think

I wish that they would go ahead and tell us something new. But it's always the same old.

jiggle

Bbc
Business insider
Buzzfeed

He started out with screaming expletives and rape jokes for a pre-teen audience, now hes moved up to nazi jokes with a side salad of causal racism. Or maybe he didn't move up to it, just merely stepped to the side? I'm hoping there's no way his sponsors will let this slide.

Does he even still have sponsors? Feels like every time I hear about this thundercunt, he's being a flagrant piece of shit.

Sadly, no. Because he is one of the "face" of YT. He makes money and his channel is the most subscribed channel in YT history (I think).

Youtube canceled his show for the anti-semetic remark. Disney dumped him. He isn't invincible but if he lost his channel he's so popular he's make his own site or a have a Patreon that would be massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom