• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hmm... my download keeps getting an error and won't finish, but I can't read it since it's nothing but question marks. :< I tried finding a way to make the text display (this computer just arrived today, and I've been on a Mac forever, so I have no idea what I'm doing,) but to no avail. Kind of frustrated. :<

Hmm... my download keeps getting an error and won't finish, but I can't read it since it's nothing but question marks. :< I tried finding a way to make the text display (this computer just arrived today, and I've been on a Mac forever, so I have no idea what I'm doing,) but to no avail. Kind of frustrated. :<
I experienced the same problem when I tried downloading during the pre-open beta and gave up after spending half a day trying to fix the issue. I haven't seen anyone post about finding a solution, but it's apparently something to do with security. Sega says to either change the file location on your computer or to tweak your firewall, but I've seen people try both methods to no avail. You can find a thread about it here. I'm going to try downloading the client tomorrow and I fully expect to go get the error, so I'll just have to spend three hours clicking resume ever few minutes.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I experienced the same problem when I tried downloading during the pre-open beta and gave up after spending half a day trying to fix the issue. I haven't seen anyone post about finding a solution, but it's apparently something to do with security. Sega says to either change the file location on your computer or to tweak your firewall, but I've seen people try both methods to no avail. You can find a thread about it here. I'm going to try downloading the client tomorrow and I fully expect to go get the error, so I'll just have to spend three hours clicking resume ever few minutes.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the error didn't say HTTP in it. If the error comes up again I'll make sure to note down the error number at least. But thanks!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
500 Internal Server Error on the registration page. Guess I'll wait till morning to get on that and try set myself up so I can play the game.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Finally downloaded! :D But now it has to download the updates. :< I hope this doesn't take forever, but I feel I might not get to play tonight.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it go fullscreen.

Edit: and of course I get it right after I post that. :D

Anyway, character made on Ship 2. Can't wait till tomorrow to start playing in earnest.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Post your character names and I'll add a list to the op.

&#12495;&#12475;&#12514; on Ship 2 here.

Twentytwo

Ship 2 of course

Currently in a game called Twentytwo, pass is aaa

Come join if you want, alone atm

Edit: Oops, block is 12 (probably)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Just realized it's coming on 5PM in Japan. Guess I'll definitely wait till the morning to play. I reckon the servers will take a clobbering as more people get home for the day.

wwm0nkey

Ok so PSO2 wont launch...well it will but it says the program isnt there but when I check task manager it says its running :/

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Got the same error while it was updating. :| Definitely not getting to it tonight. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
List updated. Picked up all the COs I could and will probably start clearing them along with the MB.

Anyone up for creating a NeoGAF team (guild)? You have to be lv 10 for that though.

Ok so PSO2 wont launch...well it will but it says the program isnt there but when I check task manager it says its running :/

Getting something similar, we didn't have to install a different version of the launcher for OB, right? I patched up the Closed Beta to OB, but when I click the launch button it just sits there with the spinning ring cursor indicating something is loading, then nothing happens and it changes back to the normal mouse cursor. :/

Also getting the Task Manager saying pso2.exe is running, but no game. Tried windowed and full screen.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Player list added. I've got to say that I love the changes since the closed beta, like showing player the location of newly unlocked Client Order NPCs.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you're planning to make a character on Ship 2, better do it fast - it's already 90% full.

@kiyorogi
Well, the game has reached the highest amount of concurrent connections to date (46k), so it's understandable.
I hope it gets better soon.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll either be a CAST or a Newman. I'll have to see what it's like in-game. Guess i'll start this download/registration process.

The game looks amazing, I just hope it plays amazing.

-edit-

Getting Internal Server Errors on the registration.

Ship 2 - Aegea

Rolling as a ranger because guns > all.

Hope they take care of the server problems soon. Already lagging with <50k players? C'mon Sega....

Apparently the lag is so bad that the ship that's in the tutorial refuses to land! At least you can't say that the game isn't a hit as it should be.

ezodagrom

Character creation has been locked in ship 1, 2 and 3.
First day rush, it's normal that it got to this. It should quiet down later during the day, I bet the character creation will be unlocked once the japanese players start going to sleep (possibly in a few hours?).

Top Bottom