• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

Raide

Oh sweet god, stupid Sega. Once you create a character, you can't make anymore without spending 500 AC to do so. Apparently, you don't get the character slot back even if you delete the first character if I'm reading the in game prompts. What kind of half-baked morons are these people?

I just swapped out my class to try the different stuff but it is annoying to only have 1 slot. Maybe its just a Beta thing.

Shouta

I just swapped out my class to try the different stuff but it is annoying to only have 1 slot. Maybe its just a Beta thing.

I just checked on another account to be sure but you get your character slot back when you erase your first one, whew.

You can swap classes without changing your character and you go share seperate levels between classes.

It's pretty much possible to have three characters in one that way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's a maintenance starting in 30 minutes and it will end in about 1,5 hour (6-7PM JST).

There's a maintenance starting in 30 minutes and it will end in about 1,5 hour (6-7PM JST).

The bad news: Maintenance.

The good news: Part of what they are looking into during the maintenance is the expansion of the max number of characters for each server. Ship 2 could possibly have slots open in an hour and 20 minutes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The bad news: Maintenance.

The good news: Part of what they are looking into during the maintenance is the expansion of the max number of characters for each server. Ship 2 could possibly have slots open in an hour and 20 minutes.
More bad news - they just tweeted that the lag probably won't be dealt with during the maintenance.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hopefully after the maintenance it'll be easy to roll a character on ship 9. Fiddled around as a force a bit tonight, and it was alright, though I found myself using my sword gun thingie more than the staff. I guess I'll be using the staff and techniques that come with it a lot more in groups than solo play.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I strongly advise to use the My Shop feature, especially since it's free now anyway.
You can get skill discs and pretty good beginner weapons for dirt cheap. Too bad Mag devices aren't so cheap, but what can you do...

Raide

So. the Purple boxes are special drops? I found some sparking gold item but then figured out it was a Quest Item, so I am wondering what I should do with Purps?

Coxy

So. the Purple boxes are special drops? I found some sparking gold item but then figured out it was a Quest Item, so I am wondering what I should do with Purps?

purple boxes are "My Room" decorations, rares come in red boxes in theory, though in the closed beta they had regular items and just let you put special abilities on them

Raide

purple boxes are "My Room" decorations, rares come in red boxes in theory, though in the closed beta they had regular items and just let you put special abilities on them

Do I have to take them to a Tecker or something like that? My Japanese is so-so, cannot wait for the English patch lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thank you! Hit lvl 7 yesterday, trying to edge towards 10 for the MAG.
They've changed it and now you get the mag quest on level 5. Getting all the items might take you 5 levels though (hi twentytwo).
Level required for the first evolution was also lowered from 50 to 30, but the amount of "exp" Mag gets from one item also seems to have been lowered. :/

Maintenance ends in 8 minutes!

Raide

They've changed it and now you get the mag quest on level 5. Getting all the items might take you 5 levels though (hi twentytwo).
Level required for the first evolution was also lowered from 50 to 30, but the amount of "exp" Mag gets from one item also seems to have been lowered. :/

Maintenance ends in 8 minutes!

Damn you SEGA!

I need to learn the friends list as well. Will be handy to get some GAF people on it.

I would recommend that if you know anyone that has access to free forest to ask them if they could take you through a run. You're bound to find 10 of the Fongalf drop needed for the MAG quest if you just spend a while running around the multi party areas instead of rushing ahead.

(My brother went from 2-10 in a Free Forest mission and you're also able to just keep running around, having events constantly spawning along with enemies)

Raide

Or you could just join team NeoGAF and talk to us anytime! :)

Where is this mythical Team NeoGAF? How many Rappy's must I slay/hug for initiation?

Also, what the heck in that PSE Burst thing? It came on in a group of people and monsters spawned all over the place. Very hectic and awesome.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Where is this mythical Team NeoGAF? How many Rappy's must I slay/hug for initiation?

Also, what the heck in that PSE Burst thing? It came on in a group of people and monsters spawned all over the place. Very hectic and awesome.
Ship 2 is where we are!

Mistle

i'm standing by waiting to rush into ship 2...

should i rush my character creation, or once I'm at that stage, i should be fine?

i'm standing by waiting to rush into ship 2...

should i rush my character creation, or once I'm at that stage, i should be fine?

Probably fine, but don't go too slow :) We aren't even sure if it'll be open right away, just that they are looking into it. Hope more people can join us on ship 2/team NeoGAF though!

Jubern

Fuck, I didn't checked beforehand and just went out. Won't be back for another two hours and I doubt there'll still be room by then :(

Note: They are removing the per-ship character limit completely. You will be able to make a character on any ship at any time.

BUT there is still a per-ship connection limit. If this is full, you will still be able to make a char on that ship but won't be able to log in. Maybe it will become like a sort of queue system.

Regardless, it is good that you will be able to make a character on any ship that you want to.

Mistle

...does that mean there may be times when I can't play a certain character entirely because it's packed? Not sure if I'd rather that or having the limit back...

...does that mean there may be times when I can't play a certain character entirely because it's packed? Not sure if I'd rather that or having the limit back...

Yes, possibly, but they are trying different things to make it work as well as they can, so we'll see.

Note: They are removing the per-ship character limit completely. You will be able to make a character on any ship at any time.

BUT there is still a per-ship connection limit. If this is full, you will still be able to make a char on that ship but won't be able to log in. Maybe it will become like a sort of queue system.

Regardless, it is good that you will be able to make a character on any ship that you want to.

What exactly does this mean? Do I have to delete my Ship 10 character to join everyone on ship 2 still?

What exactly does this mean? Do I have to delete my Ship 10 character to join everyone on ship 2 still?

Yeah, I just had to delete my ship 6 character to get one ship 2.

Might as well add my name to the list while I'm posting:

DeadPhoenix - Iggins
(ship 2 of course)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Finally got my character made! Going to sleep now that I know I'm good for later.

My Player ID is:
InfiniteNine

Character Name:
マイナ

Mistle

there's a makeover shop upstaris from the fountain, it's a big pink shop
thanks!

EDIT: damn, have to pay money to change things like voice, height etc.. things that were locked from changing in previous games. makes sense i guess :/

Coxy

thanks!

EDIT: damn, have to pay money to change things like voice, height etc.. things that were locked from changing in previous games. makes sense i guess :/

you can change voice without paying, I did it myself yesterday!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I've added everyone to the list.
Write your name again if I forgot about you.

Now that everyone can get onto Ship 2, just a reminder that we have a NeoGAF team and myself or Hasemo will be happy to invite you to it (we're around 10 members now).

Also, if you are in an NA or EU timezone or play around NA or EU timezones and would like a bit of responsibility :)p), I'd like to assign more managers so that we can get more people who can add other NeoGAF members to the team when myself or Hasemo aren't around.

Let us know!

Top Bottom