• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

Sliding off things is fun.

So like, in my run I kept encountering people that weren't even in my party. Were those actual people or NPCs? Seemed like actual players.

But yeah, this is definitely what Phantasy Star Universe should have been. This game is pretty awesome.

Blocks can be designated as multi-party, so multiple parties share the same instance for that block. The game tells you what kind of block you're entering when you approach a block entrance. The party leader can also limit or completely block the type of parties it'll share with.

Kokonoe

Banned
Blocks can be designated as multi-party, so multiple parties share the same instance for that block. The game tells you what kind of block you're entering when you approach a block entrance. The party leader can also limit or completely block the type of parties it'll share with.

Great feature to have. We really need this in english, although that's not going to stop me from playing.
I honestly wasn't expecting much from this game. I saw the screenshots, but Phantasy Star Universe left a pretty bad impression for me.

Even if I played it for 2 years.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
List updated.
I'm off to bed, but Netto-kun (Player, not character name) is still online, so PM him if you want in.

One more thing - if you're having problems with the interface/basic questing, read the Guide and Guide #2 section the OP, it's a huge help. :)

Kokonoe

Banned
Is there a way to zoom in closer to your character? I'm trying to get a full body screenshot.

Also, I wasn't able to locate how to send a whisper. May I ask how you do as such?

Scrub here, how do I get my wired Xbox 360 controller to work with this game? I've downloaded the drivers but I've never done this before.

o5M8N.jpg

Um, maybe I'm just a complete neophyte, but I need some help.

I fully installed the game and made a Sega ID, but when I fire up the launcher and click what I presume to be the "play" button, all that comes up are 3 bars, only one of which has moved a centimeter in the past 3 hours. What am I doing wrong?

LegatoB

Um, maybe I'm just a complete neophyte, but I need some help.

I fully installed the game and made a Sega ID, but when I fire up the launcher and click what I presume to be the "play" button, all that comes up are 3 bars, only one of which has moved a centimeter in the past 3 hours. What am I doing wrong?
You're patching. Just wait the bars out. They don't update very often.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I think the game is telling me something. I rolled a hunter since moving to ship 2, and it's been raining force gear and techniques ever since. :p

Scrub here, how do I get my wired Xbox 360 controller to work with this game? I've downloaded the drivers but I've never done this before.
Anyone? I've been at this for an hour and no dice. My 360 controller guide button just keeps flashing, never syncing with the game/computer, and I don't know how to get it to work. Do I need to press scroll lock or something? Because I don't have scroll lock on my keyboard.

After purchasing Diablo 3 and seeing how my laptop struggled to run it decently, I was extremely worried about PSO2. It looks bloody miraculous on my laptop, running with everything up full, all at silky smooth 60FPS...

Either SEGA are wizards or Blizzard are idiots. This is one seriously gorgeous looking game.

Ship 2
Acc Name: glaringradio
Char Name: Zektbach

Anyone? I've been at this for an hour and no dice. My 360 controller guide button just keeps flashing, never syncing with the game/computer, and I don't know how to get it to work. Do I need to press scroll lock or something? Because I don't have scroll lock on my keyboard.

What Windows are you using?

With 7 you shouldn't even had the need to download drivers, Windows 7 has them integrated :( I also just tested myself and the game picks up my 360 pad without my setting anything so the problem must be with Windows and not the game. Is the pad listed in the device window and does the button test work?

Mastamind

It needs to be a wired controller or a wireless controller connected with the wireless gaming receiver. If its a wireless controller and you're using the play and charge kit, its not going to work because the play and charge kit only charges the controller doesn't allow it to be used as a pc controller.

With 7 you shouldn't even had the need to download drivers, Windows 7 has them integrated :( I also just tested myself and the game picks up my 360 pad without my setting anything so the problem must be with Windows and not the game. Is the pad listed in the device window and does the button test work?

sounds like it is a wireless controller being used with the play and charge kit

Reknoc

Okay awesome. Got my character on Ship 2 (this one character per account thing is really dumb), her name is Reik.

It needs to be a wired controller or a wireless controller connected with the wireless gaming receiver. If its a wireless controller and you're using the play and charge kit, its not going to work because the play and charge kit only charges the controller doesn't allow it to be used as a pc controller.

sounds like it is a wireless controller being used with the play and charge kit
Oh ok. This must be the problem right here. I was under the impression that a play and charge kit fell under the wired category. Is there no work-around, or do I need to buy a wireless controller receiver?

Oh ok. This must be the problem right here. I was under the impression that a play and charge kit fell under the wired category. Is there no work-around, or do I need to buy a wireless controller receiver?

Absolutely no workaround. The connections to send data aren't even present as far as I know.

Mastamind

Not that i know of, the receiver is pretty much your only option, unless you want to pay even more for a wired controller.

That was a good call by Mastamind, yeah. If you happen to have a Playstation 3 Controller and bluetooth of some sort you could use that however.

Oh awsome! I do have a PS3 controller as well. How would one go about getting it to work?

You would need to install MotionJoy. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link that one here because it's kind of off-topic and there is a controversial opinion about it but I personally use it with zero issues. Once it's installed just pair up your PS3 controller over a USB cable with your bluetooth solution and set it to XBOX 360 Emulation. PSO2 should pick it up no problem then. :)

Be aware though that you lose all other bluetooth functionality and the bluetooth adapter will only work as a PS3 controller interface aslong as the driver is installed!

EDIT: Desa was faster :p (And man watching football while writing makes me have typos like hell :( )

Kokonoe

Banned
I do have to say, the fact that my wireless xbox 360 controller worked without any issue at all was pretty nice. Other MMOs that do this there is always a issue. The layout is also swell.

You would need to install MotionJoy. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link that one here because it's kind of off-topic and there is a controversial opinion about it but I personally use it with zero issues. Once it's installed just pair up your PS3 controller over a USB cable with your bluetooth solution and set it to XBOX 360 Emulation. PSO2 should pick it up no problem then. :)

Be aware though that you use all other bluetooth functionality and the bluetooth adapter will only work as a PS3 controller interface aslong as the driver is installed!

EDIT: Desa was faster :p
Thank you (and Desa and Star and Masta) very much!

Finalow

Looks like it is updating. You may as well go do something else, it's going to be a while.
mh yeah but at some point it just stops with a message and nothing happened, same shit when I start it again. seems that I can't update it for some reason.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Absolutely no workaround. The connections to send data aren't even present as far as I know.

Yup the Plug and Play cable only draws power.
The controller keeps working as a wireless controller with the pnP kit.

mh yeah but at some point it just stops with a message and nothing happened, same shit when I start it again. seems that I can't update it for some reason.

Mine did the same thing.
Use a network analyzer and make sure its still downloading.

Mine crashed randomly after the first update attempt.....i restarted it and it finished the update in 15 minutes and the game worked.

Just created a character on Ship 2 and will probably wait til tomorrow to play properly. Character name is へたれ チーズケーキ (trans: lazy cheesecake)

I'm a ranger but can't decide whether to use 360 pad or my gaming mouse...

Shouta

Man, some of these general UI/design choices bug me but I guess that's to be expected from a JP developer.

Top Bottom