• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillipe Cardon (VP of SIEE): GT Sports & The Last Guardian will launch this year.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Still don't believe. TLG has been MIA since E3 last year and I'd be shocked if GT launched a beta this year much less a whole game.

I could translate the whole interview tomorrow if some people show interest in it. Tell me !

giphy.gif

please. :)

Still think at least one, if not both, will end up in 2017.

With The Last Guardian I wouldn't be surprised if it's vapourware that Sony are using as a marketing tool to string fans along. The game just looked so rough last E3 and with al the delays it just seems like that project has just been hell.

i think 2017 is a bit optimistic, i don't think we will see the game before 2019 or 2020. it's a slow project, a lot of intricate animation work etc still to be done. and it's a really small team..

just give them time, it will come. maybe they're preparing it to be a launch game for PS5, thats my hope at least at this point. they probably need some extra power, so a PS5 could run the game much better than the already underpowered PS4 (and no i dont think a "PS4K" is enough).

KoopaTheCasual

So they crafted another trailer, had a big announcement, and continue to state that the game is coming out in order to prank everyone for some momentary praise despite how big of a backfire that'd be in a few months.

Do people not read what they type, or are they cognitive of such ridiculousness?
I LOVE that there are people that actually believe publicly traded companies would pull fanfiction level shit like this.

Do people actually stop and think about these hair-brained theories? Lol

Abriael

Banned
I don't belive him.
Plus Uncharted is their biggest release of the year. The GT ip is too damaged for a spin off to compete with a Naughty Dog title

That is what he said. The quote is simply out of context. "this" refers to uncharted.

Full quote:

"For many 2015 was to be the peak of the 8th generation before entering a phase of stability, but we believe that 2016 will be another year of growth. This will be a better year for software and a very big year for hardware. We expect to still sell many consoles. And then there is Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Sony's main event this year. This is our biggest release of this year alongside with Gran Turismo and The Last Guardian. And of course, PlayStation VR is coming."

I LOVE that there are people that actually believe publicly traded companies would pull fanfiction level shit like this.

Do people actually stop and think about these hair-brained theories? Lol

Of course not.

It's what allows them to drop the nuggets of knowledge on us like that and bounce outta the topic.

Zukkoyaki

Well, this is similar to how we first heard about GT6 and they djd originally announce GT Sport for 2016.

Maybe they're keeping lips sealed about it so they can be like, "Play the beta right now!" at E3?

... Probably not though.

Philippe Cardon was also expecting Monster Hunter to reach PS Vita some years ago... but hope he's right for GT.

Other points of the ITW

- Cardon thinks 2016 will show even more growth compared to 2015. It will be a better year for software and a great year for hardware.

- Cardon confirms there will be a lot of kiosk demo for everyone to try PS VR.

- "As a high-end product, we shouldn't expect to sell millions of PS VR from October"

- Around thirty games are scheduled for PS VR October launch.

- Cardon's anwser about PS4 NEO rumor is quite interesting. Instead of saying the usual "no comment" here is his take. "During the lifespan of a console, the R&D team is always working on improvements. The present PS4 is several years old, it's natural to think about an update. With that said, I don't have more information about it."

- Later he also admit that even for himself "information about the hardware doesn't leak out from Japan." He also thinks the market would be stronger with the come back of Nintendo.

- Uncharted franchise sold 25 million copies. I think the last update was 21 million from June 2015 ?

viHuGi

Banned
Damn this just proves that Horizon Zero Dawn is indeed delayed :x

It was my most anticipated game of the year, i guess now it is uncharted.

Loris146

Philippe Cardon was also expecting Monster Hunter to reach PS Vita some years ago... but hope he's right for GT.

Other points of the ITW

- Cardon thinks 2016 will show even more growth compared to 2015. It will be a better year for software and a great year for hardware.

- Cardon confirms there will be a lot of kiosk demo for everyone to try PS VR.

- "As a high-end product, we shouldn't expect to sell millions of PS VR from October"

- Around thirty games are scheduled for PS VR October launch.

- Cardon's anwser about PS4 NEO rumor is quite interesting. Instead of saying the usual "no comment" here is his take. "During the lifespan of a console, the R&D team is always working on improvements. The present PS4 is several years old, it's natural to think about an update. With that said, I don't have more information about it."

- Later he also admit that even for himself "information about the hardware doesn't leak out from Japan." He also thinks the market would be stronger with the come back of Nintendo.

- Uncharted franchise sold 25 million copies. I think the last update was 21 million from June 2015 ?

21 ML was U1+U2+U3. Maybe 25 ML is U1+U2+U3+ U Collection+ GA + Card Game (maybe ).

Top Bottom