• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright DS barebones port to Wiiware. Capgod strikes again!

Rlan

aceattourney.jpg

In today's gift from the German USK rating system it has revealed that the Phoenix Wright might be on its way to WiiWare (or retail?)

Source: http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/11/phoenix_wright_ace_attourney_c.php

markot

Banned
At least the stupid wiispeak thingy will be useful now.

>.> They should do episodes, cases, and have them as wiiware/dsiware games...

NOOOOOOOO. Phoenix Wright is my offical bed game. The game I play before sleeping or to get up the morning, I hope it's a port/collection. My Wii isn't on my gaming room, I don't want to spend a lot of time with a Wii game :lol

BlueWord

Not sure how I feel about this. It seems like maybe they're trying to expand the market for the games in Europe? I know it really hasn't done so well in some countries.

I wish Capcom would just announce the fifth one, already.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anony said:
prepare to play alone in a closed room

:lol

Also, voice-acting is welcome as long it's good. (Young Mia's english voice is annoying as fuck.)

Crewnh said:
Hearing testimonies during cross-examination could prove to be annoying. I know I get annoyed just from the text sound effect.
Depends how they go about it.

They could voice it the first time and then just have the player read them when they're searching for contradictions.

Anyway: FUCK. YES. PW is probably one of my favorite series ever and it being on Wii in some way is fucking awesome.

Hyunkel6

As much as I like the series, I don't see myself sitting in front of my tv to play it. The ability to save anytime made it the perfect portable game. Besides, I finished the game twice. :D

GhaleonQ

Outside of some incidental sales, does the sort of person who would like this lack a DS? If a person who plays video games in 2009 doesn't own a DS, do they deserve to play good games? I submit that the answer is, "No," for both questions. This is kind of pointless.

If it's a new entry or something of that sorts than please be 2D! :D

If it's a port I'd far rather play the DS versions (portability works so well with the series) but it's nice to introduce the series to non-DS owners.

Costanza said:
I'd love it if they added full voice acting.

Dear God no.

Last year in Japan the Phoenix Wright series was ported to the PC, so the assets in higher resolution are available. When a game appears on a rating system without a prior announcement it's usually a digital release, but this could still be some crazy retail release. The way the rating is written suggests it will also be the full game, and not in episodic chunks.

Really? First time I've heard of that.

rataven

New copies of the DS version are ridiculously hard to find so this is cool for anyone who hasn't been able to get it yet. But I'm not sure I'd double dip to play this on my tv. Portability is so perfect for this series.

Episodic WiiWare releases would not only be a good way to appease those that feel Phoenix Wright was pushed out of the picture too early (I feel the opposite, I'd rather he had less involvement in Apollo Justice), but it would keep the game in people's minds while Ghost Trick comes out and has its time in the sun. There won't be as many complaints about long development times if a new episode is coming out every so often.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Just to tease you a bit, more 480p Apollo Justice stuff:
2my94bp.jpg

2gybuag.jpg

EDIT: vvv nice!

Yaweee

Cohsae said:
Please include the orchestrated soundtracks. Cornered especially is amazing.

A Wiiware release with the orchestrated soundtrack and adjustable text speed would get me interested. I tried playing one of the DS games, but the brutally slow text crawl stopped me well before the halfway point.

Top Bottom