• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright DS barebones port to Wiiware. Capgod strikes again!

Anth0ny

If there's voice acting...

wanl0j.gif

Mithos

Sitting and looking on a cartoon with some animations and a lot of texts....
I'm not so sure the concept will work as well on the Wii as it did on DS.

I would be interested in new cases but, I'm not so sure about ports. Maybe they could use some of the manga stories for new cases. I'd buy that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Haunted said:
I adored playing Harvey Birdman on Wii, so this should be good.

Me too. High Voltage Software made Harvey Birdman, actually, so I wonder if they'll be tapped for this.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oyashiro, I think that gif is banned for some reason (not sure about that, actually, I just seem to remember it is).

Oni Link 666 said:
Maybe they could use some of the manga stories for new cases. I'd buy that.
No thanks. The manga is absolutely horrible.
I'm all for new cases, as long as they are decently written.

SlickVic

If there's good voice acting in this then damn, I'll need to get a Wii sooner rather than later. :lol

Still I absolutely love this series on DS; perfect game to play when I'm traveling. Started the first game back in Jan '08 and slowly been making my way to the last case of Apollo Justice in my most recent trip. Not sure what I'm going to play traveling once I end up beating Apollo; hopefully Ace Attorney:Investigations will out pretty shortly after that at the rate I'm going.

abq

Ports? No, thanks. New stories; possibly episodic? Fuck yeah. Too bad the former is more likely than the latter.

HUELEN10

Oh my, this makes me incredibly happy. Ace Attorney is one of those rare and special games that is good enough to buy twice, so day one for me! :D

I hope we get more detailed info soon!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yelling Objection in public > Pointing remote and not yelling Objection.

Therefore: DS version >>>>>>> Wii version.

Also PW/ME4, please Capcom? :(

Costanza said:
I'd love it if they added full voice acting.
Be careful what you wish for. Voice acting takes much longer to listen to than text takes to read, and the current Ace Attorney games have very verbose scripts.

So they will have to translate voiceacting to all the countries they release it? Not a chance.
Remember that europe has different voiceactors for the objections that had to be dubbed.

But if they put voiceacting, and is a good one, im all for it. If they put good spanish voiceating (very difficult, but possible as we have great dubbers, they only need moneys) I will very pleased. Im a fan of dubbing when done well.

If not they can let the japanese voices or american voices (i liked the american dub in Persona 4).

High resolution assets (that they seem to have) and more frames in animation, orchestrated soundtrack (that they also have) and even if its a port im all for it.

For people that dont want voice acting because they make the text slower, they can make that when you read it, even if the voice over has not finsih, you can pass to the next text, like in a lot of games. Or even let the option to take them off.
For cross examinations, hear the voices the first time, then take them out when you are examining.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
tokkun said:
But consider how annoying it would be during cross examination.
Would it be more annoying than the current text sound effect? By the way, I'm sure you would be able to skip voices and slowly appearing text, and show the whole text with a button press, like you can already do on the DS.

Metal Gear?! said:
Voice acting takes much longer to listen to than text takes to read, and the current Ace Attorney games have very verbose scripts.
Not an issue, you would probably be able to skip it and show the whole text at once. Forcing people to wait for the voice acting in such a game would be completely idiotic.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
So they will have to translate voiceacting to all the countries they release it? Not a chance.
Remember that europe has different voiceactors for the objections that had to be dubbed.
They would probably not give a damn, and leave the English voice overs like most games do.
Metal Gear Solid 1 was dubbed in all the main European languages. The sequels weren't and only had subtitles.

Giolon

NomarTyme said:
I pretty sure the gif is bannable...
I'm curious, where does it say that in the rules? Not condining, not complaining (I think it's pertty fucking obnoxious myself), I just want to know where. I've read the ToS and the FAQs and a cursory review didn't lead me to anything.

confused

Banned
Jocchan said:
They would probably not give a damn, and leave the English voice overs like most games do.
Metal Gear Solid 1 was dubbed in all the main European languages. The sequels weren't and only had subtitles.

Says multilanguage in the description.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
confused said:
Says multilanguage in the description.
Might be the subtitles. By the way, I doubt it has any voice acting at all (besides - obviously - the usual objections and take thats).
I was just playing Devil's advocate (lol, I should self-quote my avatar here :lol ).

Ranger X

SEXCELLENT!!

Pack me the 3 first games into one and I buy that all over again at 59$ no sweat. This kind of games is EXACTLY what I dream to play on Wii.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Giolon said:
I'm curious, where does it say that in the rules? Not condining, not complaining (I think it's pertty fucking obnoxious myself), I just want to know where. I've read the ToS and the FAQs and a cursory review didn't lead me to anything.

It might be an unspoken rule. One of those things you're supposed to learn by lurking =P

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Danthrax said:
It might be an unspoken rule. One of those things you're supposed to learn by lurking =P
Like 99% of the rules here on GAF, by the way ;p

While I'll always welcome more Ace Attorney, I don't see how a Wii version is beneficial.

The DS is the perfect platform for the series and the creators have said repeatedly that they feel the same way.

But if this is true, I'm not going to say no. More Ace Attorney is a good thing.

Day 1 if there's voice acting. Aside from that, there's not really much they could add to differentiate it from the DS game. Higher resolution sprites and better animation are nice features, but they wouldn't really be that big of a step forward.

I'd love to see voice acting for a console Ace Attorney. I don't one a DS (I'd like to), but I've never seen what makes AA so attractive. It's an attorney simulator with tons of text and character development. Why not just read a book?

AwakenedCloud said:
Day 1 if there's voice acting. Aside from that, there's not really much they could add to differentiate it from the DS game. Higher resolution sprites and better animation are nice features, but they wouldn't really be that big of a step forward.
Remastered soundtrack! :D

I'd love to see voice acting for a console Ace Attorney. I don't one a DS (I'd like to), but I've never seen what makes AA so attractive. It's an attorney simulator with tons of text and character development. Why not just read a book?
Because you can't buy AA in book form. Plus, the game has a great sense of timing as far as animations and scenarios go. Plus you lose all the gameplay.

confused

Banned
Danthrax said:

sucks, what if I happen to miss that particular thread. Ignorance(when rules aren't clearly stated) bannable ? sounds fair to me.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ChoklitReign said:

Books don't have charming art and fantastic music. Let alone interactive puzzles (choose your own adventures notwithstanding)

Linkhero1

ChoklitReign said:
The music and interactions with people and your surrounding make Ace Attorney awesome.

Top Bottom