• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick your favorite Pokemon of each type with this easy image generator

9bbd247bbc883a13f7f8ca8d9ec71805.jpg

I - 3
II - 2
III - 4
IV - 2
V - 2
VI - 2
VII - 3

Fairly balanced representation!

6a70eb77e573102b625907eaf266215f.jpg

Gen 2 was my favourite. Although I realised I actually like a lot of the later gen designs too when tryna pick pokemon.

Gen 1: 8
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 1
Gen 4: 1
Gen 5: 1
Gen 6: 0
Gen 7: 1

Blues1990

93waFFp.jpg

EDIT: I sometimes hate the mobile version of the site.

Also, I wasn't expecting my favourites to cover all seven generations.

BiggNife

Kinda just went with my gut and then changed a few I wasn't 100% on. Fairly happy with this list. I'm generally a fan of designs that are simple and easy to read at first glance.

YNLU3WX.jpg

e: Not surprised that I'm the only one with Spinda for Normal, my boi deserves more respect

Brofield

kWyViKa.jpg

Gen 1: 7
Gen 2: 4
Gen 3: 3
Gen 4: 1
Gen 5: fuck 'em
Gen 6: Tyrunt ❤️
Gen 7: 2 Alola forms of the first generation

Fake edit: also how inbetween uploading to Imgur and now posting here did I get downvoted two points? I didn't even want to make it public

georly

I lean toward cute. I like volcarona because it reminds me of a zelda boss. I feel like picking 'secondary' typing is cheating but i had a hard time avoiding that.

DIpcdqsW4AUspQb.jpg:large

6RodMNG.jpg

I tried not to have dupes in my picks, because there was quite a bit of overlap.

Gen 1: 4
Gen 2: 5
Gen 3: 1
Gen 4: 2
Gen 5: 1
Gen 6: 0
Gen 7: 5

Nairume

Banned
QQTVMQv.jpg

Gen 1: 9
Gen 4: 2
Gen 6: 3
Gen 7: 4

I tried hard not to let Gen 1 nostalgia overtake it, but I genuinely do like a lot of Gen 1 stuff more than others to date. I really don't have much nostalgia for gen 2 and 3. Gen 4 has a few things I like, but then Gen 5 got edged out by everyone else though I do like some of those. Gen 6 and 7 are where I really got back into the series, so more of the ones I recognize and like are from there.

Wiseblade

Pp2Htun.jpg

This made me realise that while there are many designs I like, there's only a small number of Pokémon I'm really passionate about.

L Thammy

This is too hard! I like too many Pokemon.

I haven't played the newest gen so I don't have any opinion on most of those, except the evolved Cutiefly, because it's that good.

564a76570365a57cfc10cwykgp.jpg

dickroach

so I never played gen 2, 4 or 6, and didn't try to collect them all in 3, 5, or 7. so there was a lot of clicking through those lists and seeing pokemons for the first time.
WoyesKr.jpg

I'd never seen Combee, IceCream, or FatGreyPikachu before, but I like em. I was kinda iffy on Oddish for Posion, and I only picked Garchomp because I liked him in Pokken. no Alola or Mega forms

Gen 1: IIIII III
Gen 2:
Gen 3: IIII
Gen 4: II
Gen 5: I
Gen 6:
Gen 7: III

Wiseblade

It's interesting to see which Pokémon are most popular. Least surprising is Sylveon; Fairy type has a small pool larely made up of retroactive additions, leaving Sylveon as the first thing msny think of when it comes to faries. Not to mention it officially introduced the type.

Regiruler

It's interesting to see which Pokémon are most popular. Least surprising is Sylveon; Fairy type has a small pool larely made up of retroactive additions, leaving Sylveon as the first thing msny think of when it comes to faries. Not to mention it officially introduced the type.

They also just kinda suck visually. The tapus brought a lot of life to it.

I'm half considering going back and changing mine to Silvally Fairy.

Razmos

RnK3B2ph.jpg

Gen I - 3 (I'm counting Alolan forms)
Gen II - 0 (I don't hate Gen 2, just don't have any favourites)
Gen III - 1 (struggled to think of a dragon that wasn't Kommo-o or Tyrantrum)
Gen IV - 2 (Manaphy and Drifblim are great pokemon)
Gen V - 5 (Gen 5 was a definite hit for me)
Gen VI - 3 (Tyrantrum is one of my fave Pokemon of all time and Gen 6 was another great one)
Gen VII - 3 (Gen 7 was another hit and gave me Mimikyu)

I love Pokemon designs more and more as time goes on. Genwunners suck and I hate how they keep being pandered too

Makonero

oV291Ug.jpg

Definitely had some hard choices in there and I'm sure I missed a few. My avatar didn't end up making it, but that's okay.

5 Gen 1
2 Gen 2
0 Gen 3
2 Gen 4
2 Gen 5
5 Gen 6
2 Gen 7

You can tell what my favorite games in the series are. Although some of my favorites from Gen 1 are most fondly remembered in Gen 2 for me.

Zyrox

wPy10AY.jpg

Gen 1: 0 ( have no favorites there even though I started with Gen 1. There are some Pokémon I think are good but none I think are fantastic)
Gen 2: 1 ( my least favorite Gen in terms of Pokémon, though Crobat is my all time fave)
Gen 3: 1 (actually like Gen 3, there are some Pokémon that barely didn't make it into this list like Ludicolo and Latios)
Gen 4: 6 (well now we're talking. Love the cross gen evolutions and really like quite a few regular Pokémon. Empoleon and Torterra are top tier starters and Giratina is my all time favorite legendary)
Gen 5: 3 (really liked Gen 5, like Gen 3 some barely missed the cut like Scolipede, Golurk and Terrakion. Chandelure is my favorite Gen 5 Pokémon and in my personal top 3 of all Pokémon.)
Gen 6: 5 (kinda surprised myself how many Gen 6 Pokémon ended up here. Most of them are designed by the same person (Hitoshi Ariga), interestingly enough. Something about his designs really appeals to me.)
Gen 7: 2 (I like Gen 7's lineup but not as much as some other Gens. Mimikyu's a winner though and Lunala is majestic.)

Top Bottom