• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick your favorite Pokemon of each type with this easy image generator

Lunaray

txEVHYN.jpg

Cheated on a few of these but I'm not sorry!

BiggNife

These charts reminded me that I am just not really a fan of the artwork that Nintendo/TPC uses for Global Link

That pikachu design specifically is the weird circle-head one they use in marketing and is not really reflective at all of how he looks in game

pokemon-pikachu-is-being-petted-by-its-owner-in-pokemon-sun-and-moons-new-feature.jpg

Pikachu looks so much better with a chubby chin

Nori Chan

I picked just from my favorite designs and not of power or tiers. The mega evolutions really made lots of pokemon stand out to me.

ETBkldk.jpg

fuck anyone who likes infernape

Magnus

My tastes differ from most. And I have no idea which gen a few of these come from, lol.

Shit, I forgot to include Yveltal. Oh well.

K5RIzs4.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
These charts reminded me that I am just not really a fan of the artwork that Nintendo/TPC uses for Global Link

That pikachu design specifically is the weird circle-head one they use in marketing and is not really reflective at all of how he looks in game

pokemon-pikachu-is-being-petted-by-its-owner-in-pokemon-sun-and-moons-new-feature.jpg

Pikachu looks so much better with a chubby chin

I honestly refer to that chu as "advertising"-chu, the Pikachu they designed whenever TPC likes to shit out advertising material

anime, smash, and in-game has that chubby face look which is actually much better, it's the perfect - best - design Pikachu has, over his old and new look.

I honestly refer to that chu as "advertising"-chu, the Pikachu they designed whenever TPC likes to shit out advertising material

anime, smash, and in-game has that chubby face look which is actually much better, it's the perfect - best - design Pikachu has, over his old and new look.

Agreed

Zyrox

we share 3 gen 6 mons, you sir have great taste!

Haha, thanks. Always wanted a T-Rex ever since Gen 1 and they finally (and totally) delivered with Tyrantrum. Should've been in Pokkén tbh.
Aegislash was love at first sight. Great design (and my favorite Shiny) and also very cool gameplay concept with the stances.
Noivern is just a solid design all around. Helps that I love bats. Can't pass up a bat/dragon.

Igama

Neo Member
Damn this was difficult.

3y6yUpY.jpg

Gen I: 4.
Gen II: 2.
Gen III: 5.
Gen IV: 0 (lmao).
Gen V: 2.
Gen VI: 3.
Gen VII: 2.

Mael

2hNPwFA.jpg

There's 1 filler with rock because fuck rock.
Otherwise I feel like I kinda cheated with Dark and Flying but lol

nb of pokemon that initially appeared in gen # (nb of pokemon whose form is from gen #)

I : 4 (3)
II : 1 (0)
III : 4 (1)
IV : 0 (0)
V : 2 (2)
VI : 5 (9)
VII : 2 (3)

Yeah I really like what they did in Gen VI, why do you ask?

And somehow I had to decide between Sylveon and Xerneas.
You win this round Sylveon!

Lukemon

zUWegC3.jpg

Gen I: 5
Gen II: 4
Gen III: 1
Gen IV: 2
Gen V: 3
Gen VI: 0
Gen VII: 3

Decent spread, I do actually like a bunch of Gen VI stuff but was all just edged out by something else... yeah, that wasn't easy.

This gave me something to do during a slow shift

7SofTqx.jpg

Poor Cloyster, Flygon and Gliscor getting left on the cutting room floor here but something had to give.

Gen 1: 4
Primeape has always been my boy

Gen 2: 3
Octillery has slowly worked its way up the list over the years

Gen 3: 2
Why couldn't I choose MEGA AGGRON?!

Gen 4: 2
Feels odd to put Abomasnow as grass over ice but I had to squeeze folks in, Magnezone edged out Electivire which also reminded me that electric types haven't really done much for me

Gen 5: 1
I actually really like Unova's pokemon, they just occupy many honourable mention spots.
Krokorok is still radder than its evo dicknosedile.
It almost got a bug spot with Escavalier

Gen 6: 3
Goodra came outta nowhere in my Sun/Moon file where it became the MVP of my tourney team among my friends (where we all fell to a mighty...pelipper)
Flygon got demoted from top dragon as a result.

Gen 7: 3
I'll say that fairy and poison kinda lacked definitive choices on my end so Gen 7 snuck some in here.
Obviously Decidueye for life.

MogCakes

These are the pokemon that served me best through the games. I chose a couple in their non-final evolutions because that time period of the game was when they really shined. Or because I never evolved them (Staryu).

brinstar

RBdIdZC.jpg

I had to make some tough choices here, couldn't get in Blaziken or Mamoswine. Had to choose between Buzzwole and Pheromosa. I feel like my favorites change all the time haha.

SuomiDude

Basically all except one is from Gen 1 and 2. Though that's because I haven't played the newer Pokemon games except Ruby which I'm currectly playing (and got Mudkip from). And even the 2nd gen is from Pokemon Go actually, but I've got used to them by now.

9r27WFu.jpg

Gen 1: 5
Gen 2: 4
Gen 3: 1
Gen 4: 1
Gen 5: 2
Gen 6: 1
Gen 7: 4

Gen 7 was definitely a return to form, I have to say. A lot of new favorites there.

Smeags

favoritos_zpswvdocjyx.jpg

Dark Pokemon are definitely my favorite, with Weavile being the greatest of them all! <3

Gen 1: 0
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 0
Gen 4: 2
Gen 5: 8
Gen 6: 4

Macka

If I was feeling like gaming the system more, I'd have Gengar in Poison and Charizard in Flying, so that I bring in Arcanine for Fire and Sableye for Ghost.

Gen I: 3
Gen II: 4
Gen IV: 3
Gen V: 1
Gen VI: 4
Gen VII: 2

Vorkken

Neo Member
VJuxpgO.jpg

This was tough. I feel sad to leave out Vikavolt, but Xirkitree won.

Lots of more dual bug types than I thought though.

Gen I: 0
Gen II: 2
Gen IV: 4
Gen V: 6
Gen VI: 2
Gen VII: 3

DIp4QrKVoAAAW6J.jpg:large

Espeon, Umbreon, and Quilava got shafted, they're really up in my faves for those types but just not QUITE the top.

Is it clear that I like the small cute Pokemon, even over their own evolved forms most often? Also, Eeveelutions.

Gen 1: 4
Gen 2: 0 (Doesn't mean I don't like them!)
Gen 3: 2
Gen 4: 6 (This is why I want that Diamond/Pearl remake)
Gen 5: 2
Gen 6: 1

hjgMVhD.jpg

This was really hard to do. I left out so many of my favorite Pokemon :(
My list for these sorts of things always changes depending on the day.
Rock was between Lycanroc and Tyrunt it can go either way.

spad3

4822f507ef4f3e34bf2a6e788c2c9da6.jpg

I was originally gonna put Silvally as all of them but eh. lmao

Edit:

Gen 1- 1 - Gengar
Gen 2- 4 - Houndoom, Suicune, Tyranitar, Scizor
Gen 3- 3 - Sceptile, Metagross, Rayquaza
Gen 4- 5 - Luxray, Lucario, Drapion, Giratina, Arceus
Gen 5- 3 - Excadrill, Zoroark, Kyruem-B
Gen 6- 0 - Megas. Most of it was a let-down other than Aegislash, Greninja, and the legendaries (Hoopa Unbound and Aegislash were both solid candidates for Ghost.)
Gen 7- 2 - Silvally, Solgaleo

Bold = BEST. DESIGNS. EVER.

Top Bottom